Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

HOLY COW! the Panamera is even uglier than we thought...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

And this is about Racing & DE how?

Just what we needed, another **** and moan thread about the Panamera.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Abby thanks for the reminder. Moving to Panamera forum.

Best,
Old 07-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

aston and lambo 4 doors...
Attached Images   
Old 07-13-2009, 08:37 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure of the crowd size but the applause sounded at best to be polite. The car to me is like a Chinese Crested if you like it you love if you don’t....... well perhaps a Collie. Personally I cannot get past the gills on the side a-la Ford Fiesta: JUMP THE SHARK
Old 07-13-2009, 09:19 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Abby

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Abby thanks for the reminder. Moving to Panamera forum.

Best,
Thanks so much for putting this in a forum where the Racing and DE people don't ever go. Is there something so terribly wrong with the Panamera being discussed by a bunch of track enthusiasts in the track enthusiasts forum?

Once again, the Rennlist thread ****'s decide what is right for us feeble minded people who can't figure it out for themselves. No wonder so many people have left.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:32 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mglobe
Aha, I must be right.
Hilarious.

But seriously, (you feeble minded **** hater ).... I don't think this will be a Cayenne redoux. Think about the market that confronted the Cayenne... Huge consumer market, and growing. Vague category boundaries (anything goes). Fragmented competition (everyone builds an SUV of some kind).

In contrast, the Panamerica's potential market is much smaller. The category is well defined (to the point of being boring). The competition is just a handful of marquis manufacturers whose names are synonymous with luxury.

It's easy to gain market share in a growing market that rewards differentiation; not so easy in a shrinking market that rewards adherence to conservative styling.

Also, I don't think that Porsche owners will save the day. Those who bought a Cayenne in addition to their Porsche sports cars were replacing what....? A truck? A Suburban? A Pilot? An Explorer? If those same people already have a BMW or a MB, the Panamerica is a much less compelling brand loyalty purchase.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Needs a wing. Stick a GTRS baby on it and it will be fine.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Dear Mike,

This is a joke right? Are you actually pissing and moaning about the fact that I moved a Panamera discussion into the (of all places) Panamera forum? Lessee now, you clicked on the topic and (horrors!) found yourself in the Panamera forum. Eeek! Worse, you posted here and now you've been seen!

Is it too much of a leap of faith to expect all those guys in Racing and DE who never come here will be able to click on the same thread you did and wonder of wonders, find themselves here?
Old 07-13-2009, 10:46 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Dear Mike,

This is a joke right? Are you actually pissing and moaning about the fact that I moved a Panamera discussion into the (of all places) Panamera forum? Lessee now, you clicked on the topic and (horrors!) found yourself in the Panamera forum. Eeek! Worse, you posted here and now you've been seen!

Is it too much of a leap of faith to expect all those guys in Racing and DE who never come here will be able to click on the same thread you did and wonder of wonders, find themselves here?
No Bob, actually I'm not joking. I can't for the life of me understand why you would need to move it to begin with.

It won't be long before it will drop off of the Racing forum's top page, and folks who have been gone for a day or two and who never come over to the Panamera forum will never know it is here. Those of us who enjoy discussing things with other track minded folks, will not get to hear their opinions, nor will they hear ours.

If it had been a thread about doing a modification to the stereo on a Panamera, moving it to the Panamera forum would make perfect sense. If it were a thread that was a bit risque, moving it to OT would make sense. But this is just racers sharing their opinions on what is a reasonably hot Porsche community topic. Why shouldn't we be able to discuss it in a forum where most of our racing compatriots hang out.

Plain and simple this is just over moderation.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 822 Posts

I posted it there because many of us wil see this abomination on track in a DE before too long, so it IS relevant to DE and track.

But, I guess busybodies will be busybodies.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 07-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I posted it there because many of us wil see this abomination on track in a DE before too long, so it IS relevant to DE and track.

But, I guess busybodies will be busybodies.

I didn't report your oh so relevant thread. I made my comment and that was it. And if anyone is a 'busybody' around here, it's you.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:47 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Not sure why it moved either?? Panamera forum would not get anything except circle jerker's.. Why not publish in the racing forum if that is where it originated?? Are you going to move any thread about a tow vehicle to Off Topic?

BTW The car is ugly.
Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2009, 02:50 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, the Cayenne is a good-looking vehicle. Amazing that I agree with Wayne on this.

Yah i had the same reaction when you said Maserati ..

Originally Posted by mglobe
No Bob, actually I'm not joking. I can't for the life of me understand why you would need to move it to begin with.

It won't be long before it will drop off of the Racing forum's top page, and folks who have been gone for a day or two and who never come over to the Panamera forum will never know it is here. Those of us who enjoy discussing things with other track minded folks, will not get to hear their opinions, nor will they hear ours.

If it had been a thread about doing a modification to the stereo on a Panamera, moving it to the Panamera forum would make perfect sense. If it were a thread that was a bit risque, moving it to OT would make sense. But this is just racers sharing their opinions on what is a reasonably hot Porsche community topic. Why shouldn't we be able to discuss it in a forum where most of our racing compatriots hang out.

Plain and simple this is just over moderation.
Holy Cow we have a Panamera Forum ?

Yeah Bob sometimes you just gotta turn off the traction control .....
Old 07-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 822 Posts

I didn't report your oh so relevant thread. I made my comment and that was it. And if anyone is a 'busybody' around here, it's you.
Um....did I even mention you or accuse you of doing so?

Defensive much?

Dave....it's nice to see you have discovered the blogosphere. Your choice is interesting, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:46 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Dave....it's nice to see you have discovered the blogosphere. Your choice is interesting, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I got Stick Shift from the T-Shirt you were wearing at RA... Aren't you the moderator on that Forum?

Or was that another VR?? Violent Rearender

Quick Reply: HOLY COW! the Panamera is even uglier than we thought...