Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Parking in Low Suspension Mode

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2024, 12:45 AM
technoholic
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by E39Nutz
If you saved your preferred settings (chassis height, Sport plus) to the “individual” mode, it will stay that way. The “individual” mode is remembered as the last setting, meaning after you locked the car and return later to unlock the car, it is the mode thats enabled.
please post a video showing this, that is not how any of the Panameras I’ve driven work, if you can show how you’ve done that without a memory module I’d like do it it myself
Old 07-26-2024, 02:00 AM
healthnut76
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

I may have missed some detail in the other responses, but I think you may simply have an issue with your key having become deprogrammed, perhaps by the battery being unplugged while it was being worked on. Given how easy it would be to test, I would recommend setting the height to low in the PCM, then save those settings to your key (using the buttons on the door). Then, see if the problem resolves. My experience is that the car will park at the height that's set in the PCM, assuming the key is programmed to those settings.

Good luck.
Old 07-26-2024, 03:55 AM
jonas1jp
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by healthnut76
I may have missed some detail in the other responses, but I think you may simply have an issue with your key having become deprogrammed, perhaps by the battery being unplugged while it was being worked on. Given how easy it would be to test, I would recommend setting the height to low in the PCM, then save those settings to your key (using the buttons on the door). Then, see if the problem resolves. My experience is that the car will park at the height that's set in the PCM, assuming the key is programmed to those settings.

Good luck.
Appreciate the response. Will definitely try in the AM!
Old 07-26-2024, 07:52 AM
E39Nutz
Pro

Received 260 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by technoholic
please post a video showing this, that is not how any of the Panameras I’ve driven work, if you can show how you’ve done that without a memory module I’d like do it it myself
I don’t waste any money on those garbage modules. It is documented in the manual. You can save settings to your key like other had mentioned.

Last edited by E39Nutz; 07-26-2024 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-26-2024, 07:59 AM
technoholic
Advanced

I don’t waste any money on those garbage modules. It is documented in the manual. You can save settings to your key like other had mentioned.

again you’re ignoring what I’m saying. You said “, meaning after you locked the car and return later to unlock the car, it is the mode thats enabled.”

the manual you’ve shown and my experience shows that it’s not the case, you have to select Individual mode each time you get in the car after it’s locked and gone to sleep. This is because cars have to start up in the mode the manufacturer uses to generate their emissions results etc, that's why it's not like that from the factory, and why the steering wheel and centre console memory modules exist in the first place. But if you've found a way to do it like you say, then many people will be very happy

Last edited by technoholic; 07-26-2024 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-26-2024, 08:45 AM
E39Nutz
Pro

And you are ignoring what i have said previously, i have no issue of your car’s symptom ever and I don’t use any add-on module. If you just don’t want to try what’s been suggested. The only conclusion here is your car is faulty and time to take it in. Emission has no bearing with ride height, don’t understand why you have to drag that gibberish to your misery.
Old 07-26-2024, 08:46 AM
technoholic
Advanced

And you are ignoring what i have said previously, i have no issue of your car’s symptom ever and I don’t use any add-on module. If you just don’t want to try what’s been suggested. The only conclusion here is your car is faulty and time to take it in. Emission has no bearing with ride height, don’t understand why you have to drag that gibberish to your misery.
Then why won't you show a video of your car starting in individual mode like you say it does? 3 post up, that's what you've said. And emissions are relevant because it's reasons the cars aren't programmed to be able to start in individual mode.

Edit: though it doesn't sound like it, I'm actually trying to do what you say, because if you have managed to make your car stay in individual mode as you say, which directly contradicts the manual screenshot you posted, I want to know how so I, and many others, can do it too

Last edited by technoholic; 07-26-2024 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-26-2024, 10:36 AM
jonas1jp
Rennlist Member

Then why won't you show a video of your car starting in individual mode like you say it does? 3 post up, that's what you've said. And emissions are relevant because it's reasons the cars aren't programmed to be able to start in individual mode.

Edit: though it doesn't sound like it, I'm actually trying to do what you say, because if you have managed to make your car stay in individual mode as you say, which directly contradicts the manual screenshot you posted, I want to know how so I, and many others, can do it too
just so we’re clear here, I don’t care if I have to switch it to Individual mode every time. I already enter the car, turn the ‘perma key’ to ACC mode, turn it to Sport Plus, then fire it up. In those split seconds, I’m less concerned if it starts to raise up the suspension. I’d prefer it not, but at least I’m in the car and don’t have to look at the wheel gap.

The original concern was after turning the car off in Sport Plus, if I don’t lock the car it returns to normal suspension mode. Or, if I lock it then later return to the car for something, it raises up as soon as I unlock it and open the door. That’s more what I’m trying to prevent, because in this case then I need to start the vehicle again to lower suspension back to the desired level.
Old 07-26-2024, 10:43 AM
technoholic
Advanced

Originally Posted by jonas1jp
just so we’re clear here, I don’t care if I have to switch it to Individual mode every time. I already enter the car, turn the ‘perma key’ to ACC mode, turn it to Sport Plus, then fire it up. In those split seconds, I’m less concerned if it starts to raise up the suspension. I’d prefer it not, but at least I’m in the car and don’t have to look at the wheel gap.

The original concern was after turning the car off in Sport Plus, if I don’t lock the car it returns to normal suspension mode. Or, if I lock it then later return to the car for something, it raises up as soon as I unlock it and open the door. That’s more what I’m trying to prevent, because in this case then I need to start the vehicle again to lower suspension back to the desired level.
In theory this is because you're saying you're stopping your car in Sport Plus mode, which I presume is configured for Low chassis. Your Normal mode will probably be configured for Normal chassis height, therefore when the car unlocks it will reset to Normal mode and therefore Normal height. To get round this, it seems there are 2 ways. 1 of them works for me - configure your Normal drive mode to have Low chassis, which will then stay low even when the car resets to Normal drive mode after unlocking. This is what the first Manual screenshot above shows.

The other option that I'm waiting to see if the previous poster can show, is that you do exactly the same as that but configure your Individual mode to be Low chassis, and they claim they can start the car in Individual mode which is the first I've seen on any Panamera. If it's possible it would be great as it would allow things like PSE to be on and Start/Stop to be OFF by default. Which is why I'm asking to be shown how to do it, as it would be a great option for many people.

Old 07-26-2024, 10:47 AM
jonas1jp
Rennlist Member

In theory this is because you're saying you're stopping your car in Sport Plus mode, which I presume is configured for Low chassis. Your Normal mode will probably be configured for Normal chassis height, therefore when the car unlocks it will reset to Normal mode and therefore Normal height. To get round this, it seems there are 2 ways. 1 of them works for me - configure your Normal drive mode to have Low chassis, which will then stay low even when the car resets to Normal drive mode after unlocking. This is what the first Manual screenshot above shows.

The other option that I'm waiting to see if the previous poster can show, is that you do exactly the same as that but configure your Individual mode to be Low chassis, and they claim they can start the car in Individual mode which is the first I've seen on any Panamera. If it's possible it would be great as it would allow things like PSE to be on and Start/Stop to be OFF by default. Which is why I'm asking to be shown how to do it, as it would be a great option for many people.
Thanks again for the replies. All excellent info. As far as the vehicle starting automatically in individual mode or even sport or sport plus, I’ve never found this possible on any Porsche I’ve owned. Perhaps there’s a workaround. Agreed it would be beneficial.
Old 07-26-2024, 01:01 PM
jonas1jp
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jonas1jp
Thanks again for the replies. All excellent info. As far as the vehicle starting automatically in individual mode or even sport or sport plus, I’ve never found this possible on any Porsche I’ve owned. Perhaps there’s a workaround. Agreed it would be beneficial.
Thanks again for all the replies. Moving the ‘Normal’ mode suspension setting to Low and saving it to the key has solved the issue. As some had pointed out, the service must have reset something, or perhaps I did it without realizing. Good to go and LOWWWWW.
Old 07-30-2024, 09:05 AM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

I always see this randomly brought up in different threads, but how the heck does one program the key?
Is this something that Porsche changed with the newer models? My 2023 GTS does not have a little key button on the door, just memory settings for 1, 2, and 3.
Old 07-30-2024, 04:09 PM
H2Owon
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 100 Posts

There is a PCM memory setting for storing to the key when the vehicle is locked by the key. If that is selected, the current settings are stored to the key that locks the vehicle.
Old 07-30-2024, 09:14 PM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by H2Owon
There is a PCM memory setting for storing to the key when the vehicle is locked by the key. If that is selected, the current settings are stored to the key that locks the vehicle.
I guess I'll have to dig through the menu next time. I went through the manual again and it also mentions the stupid key button on the door that doesn't exist. But it also talks about settings being saved to the user profile selected in PCM. meh, confusing.

Makes me worried that I missed something due to supply chain issues.
Old 07-31-2024, 12:26 AM
E39Nutz
Pro

Originally Posted by PandaSPUR
I guess I'll have to dig through the menu next time. I went through the manual again and it also mentions the stupid key button on the door that doesn't exist. But it also talks about settings being saved to the user profile selected in PCM. meh, confusing.

Makes me worried that I missed something due to supply chain issues.
so your front driver door doesn’t have this? What you described sounds like how the Audis operate, i.e. settings stored to vehicle key or vehicle user profile.

Quick Reply: Parking in Low Suspension Mode