Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Parking in Low Suspension Mode

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2024, 10:37 PM
jonas1jp
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Parking in Low Suspension Mode

Hoping to find some answers here. I’ve had my Panamera Turbo ST for a few weeks now. Just had the wheels swapped out (OEM Turbos for OEM Spyders). Prior to the swap, the suspension would stay in low mode after I parked. Now, unless I lock the doors it pops back up to the middle height. Also, if I unlock the door and grab anything out of the car while it’s parked, it does the same thing. Prior to the wheel swap it didn’t do that. I’m wondering if there was some menu item that was reset, as I also had the spark plugs replaced and oil changed. My local Independent Shop invited me to return for a PIWIS scan, but I haven’t had the time. I’ve googled and read the manual to no avail.

I just love the lower setting and the stance it has, and can’t stand looking at it on the middle suspension setting when I walk up to the car. I know I know, picky.

Any ideas? Pic below shows it in low suspension setting.
Old 07-25-2024, 07:07 AM
technoholic
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Well returning to normal mode is normal behaviour after unlocking, or certain scenarios, even if left in low mode, I believe it says something like that in the manual too. Not having it do that is great but I don't think it was meant to do it that way. Did you disable chassis air before raising and lowering the car as should have been done?
Old 07-25-2024, 10:09 AM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

Yea I understood that to be normal behavior as well. Its meant to help people get in and out of the car easier when parked.
Old 07-25-2024, 12:58 PM
E39Nutz
Pro

Received 260 Likes on 168 Posts

Assuming there is no imbalance of vehicle load, it should remember the last setting.

Old 07-25-2024, 01:00 PM
technoholic
Advanced

Yes this is correct, it remembers the settings and the height, until you unlock/open the door, which is what it should do I believe
Old 07-25-2024, 02:19 PM
E39Nutz
Pro

Originally Posted by technoholic
Yes this is correct, it remembers the settings and the height, until you unlock/open the door, which is what it should do I believe
No, it does not. I always parked with the lowest position and when I unlock the car, it does not rise up to normal position.
Old 07-25-2024, 02:22 PM
technoholic
Advanced

Originally Posted by E39Nutz
No, it does not. I always parked with the lowest position and when I unlock the car, it does not rise up to normal position.
yes, I’m not saying yours did, but the factory way is for it to do that
Old 07-25-2024, 03:32 PM
E39Nutz
Pro

And I was telling you it doesn’t. Not how the factory designed it. Have the car for 4 years, never once it will revert to another position when unlocking.
Old 07-25-2024, 04:01 PM
technoholic
Advanced

Ok, I’ve reread all the posts above and it’s clear we’re talking about 2 different things.

What I’m talking about is how my car is configured. If you have any mode other than Normal drive mode set to Low, it will always revert to a normal height when the car goes to sleep and is then unlocked again, because the drive mode will always go back to Normal, that is unless you have a memory module installed.

If you set your “Normal” drive mode to also have Low chassis (which by default puts PASM into PASM sport), then yes it should remember it but that’s the only way I know of for it to be done and that means losing the benefit of Normal Chassis completely, which seems a strange choice to make just for looks but if that’s what people want that’s the only way it seems doable. Without installing lowering links or a lowering module of course
Old 07-25-2024, 04:59 PM
E39Nutz
Pro

Ok, I’ve reread all the posts above and it’s clear we’re talking about 2 different things.

What I’m talking about is how my car is configured. If you have any mode other than Normal drive mode set to Low, it will always revert to a normal height when the car goes to sleep and is then unlocked again, because the drive mode will always go back to Normal, that is unless you have a memory module installed.

hmm.. will try that and see. I have never shut off the car when it is in sport mode and low chassis height.

If you set your “Normal” drive mode to also have Low chassis (which by default puts PASM into PASM sport), then yes it should remember it but that’s the only way I know of for it to be done and that means losing the benefit of Normal Chassis completely, which seems a strange choice to make just for looks but if that’s what people want that’s the only way it seems doable. Without installing lowering links or a lowering module of course
— this is how I set mine as daily driving mode: Normal and low chassis height. I didn’t care for the look but I do like that the car sits lower to the ground when I am driving it. Putting it in normal chassis height is just a push of a button on the PCM, it’s not a big deal.
Old 07-25-2024, 10:27 PM
jonas1jp
Rennlist Member

This bothers me, because I have to wait for my kids to get out of the car and shut the door to shut the car off. Otherwise, I shut the car off, they get out and it raises up immediately. It drives me insane.
Old 07-25-2024, 10:29 PM
jonas1jp
Rennlist Member

— this is how I set mine as daily driving mode: Normal and low chassis height. I didn’t care for the look but I do like that the car sits lower to the ground when I am driving it. Putting it in normal chassis height is just a push of a button on the PCM, it’s not a big deal.
I only drive every Porsche I’ve ever had (6 now) in Sport Plus, low suspension, sport exhaust on. That’s it. I didn’t buy it to drive it any other way. So naturally I want the suspension low all the time; no exceptions. Is there some way (maybe via PIWIS) I can disable the self leveling function or disable the adjustment after the ignition is turned off?
Old 07-25-2024, 10:47 PM
E39Nutz
Pro

Originally Posted by jonas1jp
I only drive every Porsche I’ve ever had (6 now) in Sport Plus, low suspension, sport exhaust on. That’s it. I didn’t buy it to drive it any other way. So naturally I want the suspension low all the time; no exceptions. Is there some way (maybe via PIWIS) I can disable the self leveling function or disable the adjustment after the ignition is turned off?
I have mine set in the “Individual” setting. Did you have it set that way?
The following users liked this post:
jonas1jp (07-25-2024)
Old 07-25-2024, 11:45 PM
jonas1jp
Rennlist Member

I have mine set in the “Individual” setting. Did you have it set that way?
Haven’t just yet. I turn it to Sport plus when I get in the car, and it turns everything else the way I prefer. So there hasn’t been a need for it. Would that change the suspension popping back up after it’s turned off, or after I open a door?
Old 07-26-2024, 12:40 AM
E39Nutz
Pro

If you saved your preferred settings (chassis height, Sport plus) to the “individual” mode, it will stay that way. The “individual” mode is remembered as the last setting, meaning after you locked the car and return later to unlock the car, it is the mode thats enabled.
The following users liked this post:
jonas1jp (07-26-2024)

Quick Reply: Parking in Low Suspension Mode