Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamere Service Recommendations before CPO ends

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2024, 04:04 PM
tamilboy
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Panamere Service Recommendations before CPO ends

My 2018 4S ST CPO is ending in August, and my next service is not due for another 4 months. The last service done on the car was a recommended 30K service. The car has 31K miles on it and is 6 years old.

I took it to the dealership for something else, and the advisor recommended I do the service early before the CPO ends so if they find something, they can fix it under CPO. When I go to the service website, I am presented with a 20K, 30K (already done) and 40K recommended service. The 40K service looks very comprehensive (listed below), should I do the 40K recommended service or should I do something À LA CARTE (INDIVIDUAL SERVICES) like an oil change and have them do an inspection?

Factory Recommended Services

PREMIUM FACTORY SERVICES Change engine oil and oil filter
Pollen filter: Replace filter element
Coolant: Check level and antifreeze protection
All headlights - Check adjustment
Axle joints: Check play; visual inspection of the dust boots for damage.
Battery vent hoses: Check condition
Brake hoses: Visual inspection for damage
Brake lines: Visual inspection for damage, routing and corrosion
Brake system: Check of the brake pads and brake discs for wear
Check actuator travel of brake shoes
Check wiper blades
Diagnosis system: Read fault memory; reset maintenance interval
Drive shafts: Visual inspection of the dust boots for leaks and damage
Exhaust system: visual inspection for leaks and damage, check engine mount
Fuel lines and connections: Visual inspection for damage and leaks
Horn: Check function
Radiators and air intakes: Visual inspection for external debris and blockage
Reset maintenance interval
Road Test - Check function: Remote control, front seats, parking brake, foot brake, engine, steering, transmission, ParkAssist, automatic speed control, PSM switch, heat, A/C, exhaust and intruments
Seat belts: Check function and condition
Steering gear: Visual inspection of the dust boots for damage
Tie rod ends: Check play and dust boot
Tires: Check condition
Tires: Check condition and tire pressure
Tires: Check tire pressure (TPMS)
Underbody panels: Visual inspection for completeness, secure installation and damage
Vehicles w/PCCB: PCCB brake discs must be checked for wear using tool VAS 6813
Visual inspection for leaks from underneath (oils and other fluids)
Visual inspection for leaks: (Oil and fluids)
Windshield wiper/washer system, headlight cleaning system: check function
Windshield wiper/washer system: check fluid level; check window cleaner and antifreeze

Last edited by tamilboy; 07-23-2024 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-23-2024, 04:41 PM
djdonte
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts

There is zero reason to do a very expensive 40K service before it is due. A multipoint inspection is free when getting any work done at a dealer. After all, they get paid for warranty work. If you don't need any service, ask them to do a courtesy inspection. If they say no, then the usual is an hour of labor which will still be infinitely cheaper than getting blindsided from an out of warranty repair.
Old 07-27-2024, 07:56 PM
diver110
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I just had the 40,000 mile service done on my 2017 turbo. About $4,000! That did include spark plugs, which should have replaced at 30,000 miles but was not. Given the cost, doing the 40,000 mile service early does not make much sense to me either. FWIW, the only "extra" thing they found in my case was a missing fuse box panel. God knows what happened to it and when. $100 to replace.
Old 07-29-2024, 02:57 AM
Andy Liu
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by diver110
I just had the 40,000 mile service done on my 2017 turbo. About $4,000! That did include spark plugs, which should have replaced at 30,000 miles but was not. Given the cost, doing the 40,000 mile service early does not make much sense to me either. FWIW, the only "extra" thing they found in my case was a missing fuse box panel. God knows what happened to it and when. $100 to replace.

my friend you pay too much for that service! Shouldn't cost more then 2k at a good indy shop
Old 07-29-2024, 11:12 AM
diver110
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy Liu
my friend you pay too much for that service! Shouldn't cost more then 2k at a good indy shop
It is certified, so I felt that I needed to have the dealer do it. Once certification expires, I hope to find an indy.
Old 07-29-2024, 02:46 PM
Andy Liu
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by diver110
It is certified, so I felt that I needed to have the dealer do it. Once certification expires, I hope to find an indy.

you don't need to, if something happen dealer still need to proof it. As long as you have receipt and etc, they will use that anyway.

Plus if the whole point of getting it CPO and if the dealer wants you to do the work there, then there is no point of buying a CPO. Might as well have them buy back ther certified and then if something fail you just order the part. It comes out the same thing but atleast you don't need to pay up front. But like I said, you can still do the work at a indie and they will still cover it. My car was a CPO car and i did the same, they will warranty it still but if some wear and tear or something other happen like rodent gets into the car, then it won't be cover by warranty anyway
Old 07-29-2024, 06:12 PM
djdonte
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts

My car is CPO and I plan on doing my next service myself. Spark plugs, cabin filter, brake fluid, oil change, clean drains and lubricate seals. 2700 at the dealer, but a few hundred in OEM parts from FCP Euro. I am going to note the mileage/date and save the receipt. Maybe even take a few pictures. The burden of proof is on them to deny warranty claims. They aren't going to not fix your front differential because you didn't change your brake fluid. Also, even without records, it is usually pretty obvious if the oil hasn't been changed or the spark plugs are super old. In that case they would ask you for records.

Quick Reply: Panamere Service Recommendations before CPO ends