The chassis fault 3 times on 2022 Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2024, 12:58 AM
puregreen319
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The chassis fault 3 times on 2022 Panamera

Hey guys!
I have a new 2022 Panamera Platinum Edition with 12,000 miles on it. The chassis fault light has come on 3 times. The dealer has replaced the compressor and valve block 3 times. Is this normal?
Old 07-08-2024, 01:52 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 799 Likes on 570 Posts

No, I see you're in NY. What dealer have you been using? The car shouldn't be going in more then once to solve the same issue...
Old 07-08-2024, 02:30 PM
puregreen319
AutoX

I bought the car and used the service in Ray Catena.
Old 07-08-2024, 03:42 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

You bought it new?
Old 07-08-2024, 04:10 PM
puregreen319
AutoX

yup! new car
Old 07-08-2024, 05:45 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by puregreen319
yup! new car
Start talking Lemon law. It's still new enough and it sounds like it's an issue they can't fix.

Lemon law layers are free, they get paid at the end. But talk to the dealership first about it, before you go to a lawyer.
The following users liked this post:
puregreen319 (07-09-2024)
Old 07-08-2024, 11:07 PM
puregreen319
AutoX

I just finished researching the Lemon law this afternoon. I wonder if, instead of replacing or buying back my vehicle, the manufacturer gives me some compensation. Will my car still receive a "Lemon" title, which could impact its future sale?
Old 07-09-2024, 12:57 AM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts

I just finished researching the Lemon law this afternoon. I wonder if, instead of replacing or buying back my vehicle, the manufacturer gives me some compensation. Will my car still receive a "Lemon" title, which could impact its future sale?
I don't think I've ever heard of a lemon title car.

Found this article that lists all the possible titles, nothing specifically for lemons. Although it does talk about lemons towards the end... kinda unclear
https://www.caranddriver.com/researc...of-car-titles/

But regardless of the title, the service record might be a red flag in the future. That could be super easy to spot if the dealership reports everything to carfax. Or a bit more difficult if its only logged in Porsche's systems.
Old 07-09-2024, 12:33 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

you don't get compensation. The compensation you get when lemon lawing is having them buy back the car.
Old 07-09-2024, 12:39 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

There's two different things. There's a dealer buy back and manufacture buy back. Both are lemon laws but both have different after status's. Dealer buy back is pretty simple, the dealer buys back the car, and they're going to put that car on the lot again or send it to auction. The carfax will show all the times it's been in etc.

Manufacture buy back, the car is going to have a branded title. It's going to say that it was lemon law'd.

Manufacture buy back you will most likely need a lawyer. As I said before lemon law lawyers are like personal injury attorneys. They only get paid when they win the case. It doesn't come out of your pocket.

Regardless your carfax is already showing how many times the car has been in for the same issue. It's already affected your resale to certain buyers. Most likely if you trade it into the dealership they won't care, but a independent party might. This is a car you own or lease?
Old 07-09-2024, 10:09 PM
puregreen319
AutoX

Originally Posted by Shuga
There's two different things. There's a dealer buy back and manufacture buy back. Both are lemon laws but both have different after status's. Dealer buy back is pretty simple, the dealer buys back the car, and they're going to put that car on the lot again or send it to auction. The carfax will show all the times it's been in etc.

Manufacture buy back, the car is going to have a branded title. It's going to say that it was lemon law'd.

Manufacture buy back you will most likely need a lawyer. As I said before lemon law lawyers are like personal injury attorneys. They only get paid when they win the case. It doesn't come out of your pocket.

Regardless your carfax is already showing how many times the car has been in for the same issue. It's already affected your resale to certain buyers. Most likely if you trade it into the dealership they won't care, but an independent party might. This is a car you own or lease?
Thx for clarifying all these about lemon law. I have connected to a lawyer. As you said, they will only get paid by the manufacturer once win the case. I purchased this Panamera in the end of 2021. I will keep you posted.

Last edited by puregreen319; 07-09-2024 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-10-2024, 11:34 AM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thx for clarifying all these about lemon law. I have connected to a lawyer. As you said, they will only get paid by the manufacturer once win the case. I purchased this Panamera in the end of 2021. I will keep you posted.
Yes please keep us updated.
Old 07-12-2024, 12:50 PM
sac02
Pro

Received 217 Likes on 154 Posts

I love helping people to diagnose the issue they are having with their car, but in this case:

This car is under warranty, YOU shouldn't need to be asking us to help diagnose the issue. You need to be more aggressive in making this the DEALER's issue to remedy the car, not yours. The fact that you have contacted a lawyer is a good first step in enforcing your rights under warranty law.

WAY too many dealer techs are just parts swappers. They see a DTC (error code), and swap the part. They've swapped the same part 3 times in 12k miles, how obvious can it be that part is NOT the issue?

Take your lawyer's advice on this but IMO, you need to go to the service MANAGER (or his boss, honestly) and say something like:

"The techs that have worked on my car so far have just swapped parts and obviously not diagnosed the actual root cause (three times!). You probably (hopefully) have a tech here that is "the guy" that knows how to diagnose, not just swap parts. Have him (not one of the part-swapping monkeys) look at my car, DIAGNOSE the issue, and then he can explain to me and you why he's thinking that way. Then we will do the repair. If it works, great we are done here. If it does not work, I will be pursuing buyback under NY's lemon law per my lawyer's advice." (don't say the last part about the lawyer if you don't mean it, or if your lawyer tells you not to.)

Let the service manager know that you know your rights under your states law. (Lemon Laws vary by state). Feel free to tell the service manager you have contacted a lawyer / give him your lawyer's card.
puregreen319 (07-14-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sac02
I love helping people to diagnose the issue they are having with their car, but in this case:

This car is under warranty, YOU shouldn't need to be asking us to help diagnose the issue. You need to be more aggressive in making this the DEALER's issue to remedy the car, not yours. The fact that you have contacted a lawyer is a good first step in enforcing your rights under warranty law.

WAY too many dealer techs are just parts swappers. They see a DTC (error code), and swap the part. They've swapped the same part 3 times in 12k miles, how obvious can it be that part is NOT the issue?

Take your lawyer's advice on this but IMO, you need to go to the service MANAGER (or his boss, honestly) and say something like:

"The techs that have worked on my car so far have just swapped parts and obviously not diagnosed the actual root cause (three times!). You probably (hopefully) have a tech here that is "the guy" that knows how to diagnose, not just swap parts. Have him (not one of the part-swapping monkeys) look at my car, DIAGNOSE the issue, and then he can explain to me and you why he's thinking that way. Then we will do the repair. If it works, great we are done here. If it does not work, I will be pursuing buyback under NY's lemon law per my lawyer's advice." (don't say the last part about the lawyer if you don't mean it, or if your lawyer tells you not to.)

Let the service manager know that you know your rights under your states law. (Lemon Laws vary by state). Feel free to tell the service manager you have contacted a lawyer / give him your lawyer's card.
Most of the time when you have an Attorney, you shouldn't be speaking to anyone with out the attorney present...
puregreen319 (07-14-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 03:45 PM
puregreen319
AutoX

Originally Posted by sac02

​​​​​​​Thanks for your suggestion. I should follow your steps and talk to the service manager before contacting a lawyer. However, the attorney now advises me not to communicate with the dealer or manufacturer at all.

Last edited by puregreen319; 07-14-2024 at 03:46 PM.
sac02 (07-15-2024)

Quick Reply: The chassis fault 3 times on 2022 Panamera