Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Hit a pothole today on the freeway

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2024, 02:55 PM
djdonte
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts

You’re probably right. I’ve changed many motor mounts but none on a German car. I figured maybe some suspension arm was in the way, but if the subframe really needs to be dropped that’s a big job. Thank god for CPO.
Old 06-10-2024, 03:47 PM
djdonte
Racer

Update: Dealer STILL has my car. "The part should be here tomorrow" was told to me for about a week. Then they swore it would be done Friday afternoon, then he apologized and said Monday afternoon. He called me today and said he forgot my car (a 4S) is AWD so the job will take longer than he thought. He went on about a driveshaft and differential that is in the way, both of which do not exist in the front of my car. Really? I'm sure the front axles, subframe and related suspension components have to be removed but still. These guys seem pretty clueless for a dealer. What a joke Sugar Land Porsche is. Tomorrow will be two full weeks to balance four tires and replace a motor mount. He offered to pay for my wheel balancing. I guess it's better than nothing, but I would think twice before brining my car here for non-warranty work.
Old 06-11-2024, 11:26 AM
Chimuel
Racer

Received 136 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by djdonte
He went on about a driveshaft and differential that is in the way, both of which do not exist in the front of my car. Really?
It absolutely has a driveshaft and differential at the front --it's a 4S with AWD.

Regardless, it was on the service advisor to set customer expectations and timelines.
Old 06-11-2024, 11:31 AM
djdonte
Racer

Hmm. I guess I thought it was a front transaxle built into the trans case but I guess I'm thinking of another VW transmission. Either way super disappointing.
Old 06-12-2024, 07:13 AM
djdonte
Racer

You're right, the center diff and internal front prop shaft mirror the quatro trans, but it does have a front diff. Either way I finally got the car back and it drives smoothly.
The following 2 users liked this post by djdonte:
Ericson38 (06-12-2024), PandaSPUR (06-12-2024)

Quick Reply: Hit a pothole today on the freeway