Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Taillight replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2024 | 06:31 PM
mrkim
Advanced

Default Taillight replacement

Has anyone bought a taillight from AliExpress... Or attempted to replace a taillight lens?

My 2012 has a damaged lens on the driver side. I'm looking for a taillight assembly to replace it. But now I'm tempted to just try to replace the lens itself or buy one from AliExpress...
Old 05-18-2024 | 10:00 PM
huskeric
Rennlist Member

I've purchased a ton of things from AliExpress, but no tail lights... To date, all have been top quality and fast shipping. I wouldn't hesitate to buy some tail lights from them.
The following users liked this post:
mrkim (05-18-2024)
Old 05-18-2024 | 11:53 PM
mrkim
Advanced

Originally Posted by huskeric
I've purchased a ton of things from AliExpress, but no tail lights... To date, all have been top quality and fast shipping. I wouldn't hesitate to buy some tail lights from them.
I may have to do that, it's a more affordable price
Old 05-19-2024 | 04:19 PM
Jasonbourne8642
Advanced

I did get some taillights from AliExpress for my 970.2 about 5 months ago. I do like them.but I have one going back to China right now (which I'm having to pay for) for a replacement as it's got some condensation inside. When it comes back what I'm going to do is get the lenses PPF coated to help prevent water ingress between the clear and red parts of the lens (which I believe is where it gets in).

Another thing I'll try and do is switch over the hardware (screws at the back) from the original light to the replacement as the AliExpress ones were looking very rusty after just 5 months. Hopefully I can just unscrew old hardware and screw new without anything falling apart inside!

That does sound quite negative but you do get what you pay for and I have been pretty pleased with the purchase. But as always with things from China, your mileage may vary.
mrkim (05-19-2024)
Old 05-19-2024 | 04:30 PM
mrkim
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jasonbourne8642
I did get some taillights from AliExpress for my 970.2 about 5 months ago. I do like them.but I have one going back to China right now (which I'm having to pay for) for a replacement as it's got some condensation inside. When it comes back what I'm going to do is get the lenses PPF coated to help prevent water ingress between the clear and red parts of the lens (which I believe is where it gets in).

Another thing I'll try and do is switch over the hardware (screws at the back) from the original light to the replacement as the AliExpress ones were looking very rusty after just 5 months. Hopefully I can just unscrew old hardware and screw new without anything falling apart inside!

That does sound quite negative but you do get what you pay for and I have been pretty pleased with the purchase. But as always with things from China, your mileage may vary.
Lol sounds pretty negative, but I get what you are saying. Now I'm leaning towards eBay or Car-Parts.com useful I can find some OE but in near excellent condition. Trying to do this before fall "raining season" in California 😂 that and tires...
Old 05-19-2024 | 04:48 PM
vice_toned
Advanced

Anyone ever tried front headlights from aliexpress or any similar websites such as temu?
Old 05-20-2024 | 08:18 AM
Mr Tee
Rennlist Member

There was a guy who did the "matrix" upgrade from China, there was a thread a while back.
Old 05-21-2024 | 10:04 AM
MJDore
Instructor

I just installed these over the weekend from Ali Express, based on the prior thread that was mentioned. I'm happy with the fit and they look great. Ali Express

mrkim (05-21-2024)
Old 05-21-2024 | 09:12 PM
mrkim
Advanced

Originally Posted by MJDore
I just installed these over the weekend from Ali Express, based on the prior thread that was mentioned. I'm happy with the fit and they look great. Ali Express

Okay you're convincing me to try AliExpress

Quick Reply: Taillight replacement