Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

2025 Model Waiting Room

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2024 | 02:39 AM
jtorrebl
Racer

My GTS is ordered. Got the email from Porsche. It was the dealer's first allocation

Last edited by jtorrebl; 08-22-2024 at 02:43 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jtorrebl:
911C2R (08-31-2024), Chris09 (08-22-2024)
Old 08-26-2024 | 12:15 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jtorrebl
My GTS is ordered. Got the email from Porsche. It was the dealer's first allocation
Congrats! Care to share your build spec?
The following users liked this post:
Chris09 (08-26-2024)
Old 08-26-2024 | 02:17 PM
jtorrebl
Racer

Originally Posted by thigos
Congrats! Care to share your build spec?
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSF82VG9
Chris09 (08-26-2024)
Old 08-28-2024 | 12:51 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Nice spec, I am undecided on color and am starting to lean ice gray. Curious about the rear sunshade - I currently have the side windows spec'd but was going to skip the rear compartment shade. What made you decide to get the rear shade and do you have any experience with it? I'm all for limiting heat in the cabin; I really wish there was a panoramic roof delete option.
Old 08-28-2024 | 01:10 PM
jtorrebl
Racer

Originally Posted by thigos
Nice spec, I am undecided on color and am starting to lean ice gray. Curious about the rear sunshade - I currently have the side windows spec'd but was going to skip the rear compartment shade. What made you decide to get the rear shade and do you have any experience with it? I'm all for limiting heat in the cabin; I really wish there was a panoramic roof delete option.
i originally had just the side shades too but need the rear cargo cover to be the roll away kind. I move things frequently and the hard cover limits the capacity and is annoying to move around. Having the rear shade is the only option to get me this cover. I had the rear shade 2 cars ago an a previous Panamera 4S 2017 I never used it. I just really want the soft cargo cover for the subwoofer sounds to carry over to the cabin better and exhaust sound as well. I have the softcover currently in my 2020 Panamera GTS without the rear shade as it was an option before. Having to pay the extra $500 for the soft cover despite not use ing the rear shade is worth it to me. My kids use the side shades all the time.

the glass roof is not bad at all on this car since it has the retractable cloth shade. It’s always closed though. Not because of sun but I just forget about it. I’ve had previous cars where the roof was too hot. It was on the first gen Audi Q7 by that was when we lived in Las Vegas
Chris09 (08-28-2024)
Old 08-28-2024 | 01:21 PM
MCW100
Advanced

I know there are plenty of pics out there but figured I’d share some screenshots of videos I took and my impressions from a visit to the dealership Friday. I was initially torn on oak green metallic neo and Lugano blue.

Saw oak green first and while it’s pretty I almost immediately wrote it off. I’m not a huge fan of metallic colors so maybe that’s why, I just got the feeling the green would be “a lot” over time.

almost immediately seeing the Lugano blue I knew it’d be the one. My previous panamera was chalk so under the radar and this is a big departure. I just wanted something different and feel matte gray and chalk are becoming ubiquitous amongst all car brands. The blue is loud but it was just striking. And non-metallic is a bonus for me.

I saw a few cayennes and a taycan in volcano gray and they looked remarkable. It made me question it, but I wanted to go louder and have had plenty of dark grays before.

also got to see a cayman and taycan in ice gray. It’s definitely unique and clearly not white but since I like non metallic would’ve gone for chalk given the similarity. Would’ve gone volcano gray over either though.

two other realizations:

1. I really don’t like the wheel options for this gen panamera. The limitations on colors with particular wheels and also the limited number of 21” is frustrating. I went 911 turbo design and will likely powder coat black

2. The black/kalahari gray interior two tone is very two tone. Very different than some of the others like night blue/beige where it’s more blocky/compartmentalized. It feels a little louder/busier but more unique at the same time, and keeps black headliner which I like. My previous interior was full leather black so wanted something different

fun experience!

Chris09 (08-28-2024)
Old 08-28-2024 | 01:23 PM
MCW100
Advanced

Here’s one I missed
Chris09 (08-28-2024)
Old 08-28-2024 | 01:53 PM
Chris09
Intermediate

Thanks for sharing @MCW100 ! This has validated my decision to go Oak Green Metallic we have different tastes and that’s awesome
Old 08-29-2024 | 02:52 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jtorrebl
i originally had just the side shades too but need the rear cargo cover to be the roll away kind. I move things frequently and the hard cover limits the capacity and is annoying to move around. Having the rear shade is the only option to get me this cover. I had the rear shade 2 cars ago an a previous Panamera 4S 2017 I never used it. I just really want the soft cargo cover for the subwoofer sounds to carry over to the cabin better and exhaust sound as well. I have the softcover currently in my 2020 Panamera GTS without the rear shade as it was an option before. Having to pay the extra $500 for the soft cover despite not use ing the rear shade is worth it to me. My kids use the side shades all the time.

the glass roof is not bad at all on this car since it has the retractable cloth shade. It’s always closed though. Not because of sun but I just forget about it. I’ve had previous cars where the roof was too hot. It was on the first gen Audi Q7 by that was when we lived in Las Vegas
Realy good to hear that the sunshade is effective. My wife had a Model S and the interior was an oven in the summer. I'll likely add the rear shade too given your explanation about the audio quality and exhaust - good tip!.

Thanks for the pics @MCW100 . Lugano looks to be such a good blue. At least in pictures I prefer it to the other similar blues - seems to be somewhere between shark and mexico. I'll still probably go for one of the boring colors though.
Chris09 (08-29-2024)
Old 08-29-2024 | 09:15 PM
speedy59
1st Gear

Placed an order this week for a mid Nov build. Estimated deliver is second half of January. SA seems very optimistic about that timeframe but based on what others have been experiencing I am not convinced. I haven't fully landed on color but leaning toward Adventurine Green with Expresso interior. I wish the interior was a little lighter. Has anyone seen this exterior/interior combination in real life?

Here is the build spec. Comments welcome. Thanks

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4J2W87

Chris09 (08-29-2024)
Old 08-30-2024 | 08:56 AM
hueydumps
Intermediate

Originally Posted by speedy59
Placed an order this week for a mid Nov build. Estimated deliver is second half of January. SA seems very optimistic about that timeframe but based on what others have been experiencing I am not convinced. I haven't fully landed on color but leaning toward Adventurine Green with Expresso interior. I wish the interior was a little lighter. Has anyone seen this exterior/interior combination in real life?

Here is the build spec. Comments welcome. Thanks

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4J2W87

I also have an order placed a few weeks ago. Going the Turbo route. Currently have a 2021 Cayenne Turbo coupe and before that a 2018 Pano 4 e hybrid. Figure the turbo is best of both worlds. You have a really nice build - esp since I’m going with the same color combo! I saw aventurine on a 911 on the lot that had another brown - not espresso but close - and it looked amazing.

here’s my build - the wait is on!
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSRP1FR6
The following 2 users liked this post by hueydumps:
911C2R (08-31-2024), Chris09 (08-30-2024)
Old 08-30-2024 | 10:46 AM
speedy59
1st Gear

Very nice build!! I can tell you have put considerable thought into it. Hopefully the wait time passes quickly.
The following 2 users liked this post by speedy59:
Chris09 (08-30-2024), hueydumps (08-30-2024)
Old 08-31-2024 | 05:16 PM
MCW100
Advanced

I’m struggling with wheel selection for my Lugano blue. Panamera sport design are only option for high gloss black but I don’t love the thick spokes. I just had panamera exclusive design so want something different. I would probably powder coat 911 turbo design. Does anyone have renderings or pictures of that?
Old 08-31-2024 | 08:39 PM
orca15
Pro

Originally Posted by MCW100
I’m struggling with wheel selection for my Lugano blue. Panamera sport design are only option for high gloss black but I don’t love the thick spokes. I just had panamera exclusive design so want something different. I would probably powder coat 911 turbo design. Does anyone have renderings or pictures of that?

I bought a spare set and had both powder coated for about $200 each. Love it.
Chris09 (09-01-2024)
Old 09-05-2024 | 01:54 PM
Chris09
Intermediate

Anyone else have their delivery date recently pull in 2 months? First I’ve seen it move this direction. Still no EPA cert for the E-Hybrid though the ICE variant was certified in July.

Last edited by Chris09; 09-05-2024 at 07:35 PM.

Quick Reply: 2025 Model Waiting Room