Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

2025 Model Waiting Room

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2024 | 01:26 PM
Chris09
Intermediate

Originally Posted by thigos
Your car is loaded. The night green stitching and belts is going to be awesome! Really well thought out spec across the board!
Thank you! It will be my first Porsche I spent a ~year tweaking the spec (and convincing my wife of the consequential budget, ha).

I think either grey-scale color that you pick is going to be super slick with that interior.
The following users liked this post:
thigos (08-11-2024)
Old 08-11-2024 | 09:02 PM
Chris09
Intermediate

The US EPA database updated overnight to show the first two certification approvals for 2025 Panameras: the base Panamera and Panamera 4 ICE variants are approved as of July 8. Several other certs have come in for Taycan and Macan 2025 MYs in June/July. Good to see some progress!

Old 08-14-2024 | 12:10 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris09
The US EPA database updated overnight to show the first two certification approvals for 2025 Panameras: the base Panamera and Panamera 4 ICE variants are approved as of July 8. Several other certs have come in for Taycan and Macan 2025 MYs in June/July. Good to see some progress!

I havent been following very closely, but got the impression that the certification delays have been affecting the hybrid models. Have there also been extended delays with the ICE variants as well?
Old 08-15-2024 | 08:50 AM
Chris09
Intermediate

I havent been following very closely, but got the impression that the certification delays have been affecting the hybrid models. Have there also been extended delays with the ICE variants as well?
I have no indication one way or the other. I would have assumed a hybrid is easier to certify from an emissions perspective compared to ICE. On the other hand, getting the hybrid’s “eMPG” spec approved with EPA may be a different story. So who knows
Old 08-18-2024 | 01:00 PM
MCW100
Advanced

Thanks Chris. I really like the green and black on your build. I live in a high desert climate so want to stick to lighter color on the paint to mask some dust - I'm going back and forth between plain white, Ice Grey, and Dolomite.

I don't have experience with the 2+1 in a Panamera and figure it is useless for an adult, but I have 2yo and 4yo kids, and figure it may be useful in a pinch, also I prefer that it gives you 40/20/40 split folding seats as opposed to 60/40 in the 4-seater.

Yeah SC is included on the GTS, but unfortunately cannot be optioned with the compass instead of the clock.

Since this is a Waiting Room, here's the current projected timeline for mine:

this chart is really cool. Did your SA send you this?

re 2+1, for me it’s 50% for the dog, 25% for easy access to helping baby in car seat, 25% for storage
Chris09 (08-18-2024)
Old 08-18-2024 | 08:08 PM
MCW100
Advanced

FYI here’s an email from my SA:
I can order now and it should be here when they release Hybrid Panamera models on January 17th
Old 08-18-2024 | 08:13 PM
MCW100
Advanced

Here’s the build I submitted:

https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...dFrom=PSVVWNQ9

im open to feedback. I want machined wheels (black with silver trim) but don’t like the look of that factory option so planning on doing that aftermarket. Removed race Tex roof liner, window shades, and air quality system last minute to save $3300
Old 08-18-2024 | 08:40 PM
Chris09
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MCW100
FYI here’s an email from my SA:
I can order now and it should be here when they release Hybrid Panamera models on January 17th
Does your SA actually know this is the release date? My SA says this should pull back in to 2024.

A lot of people’s builds were pushed back to that mid-Jan date back in July. Earlier in the year many of us had delivery dates spanning July-October 2024, so we’ve assumed this January 2025 date is just a placeholder until EPA certs go thru. Just curious if someone knows how real this January delivery date is … I don’t know how anyone can be sure without EPA certs approved.
Old 08-18-2024 | 08:43 PM
Chris09
Intermediate

im open to feedback. I want machined wheels (black with silver trim) but don’t like the look of that factory option so planning on doing that aftermarket. Removed race Tex roof liner, window shades, and air quality system last minute to save $3300
Good-looking car! Have you had the massage feature before? And have you compared RaceTex to non-RaceTex? I would personally opt for the latter and drop the former.

I like you included the audio system upgrade have you heard Burmester? 😬
Old 08-18-2024 | 09:05 PM
MCW100
Advanced

Does your SA actually know this is the release date? My SA says this should pull back in to 2024.

A lot of people’s builds were pushed back to that mid-Jan date back in July. Earlier in the year many of us had delivery dates spanning July-October 2024, so we’ve assumed this January 2025 date is just a placeholder until EPA certs go thru. Just curious if someone knows how real this January delivery date is … I don’t know how anyone can be sure without EPA certs approved.
Apparently he’s a top top SA every year, but I’ve found him to be full of sh*t a decent amount of the time in full honesty
Chris09 (08-18-2024)
Old 08-18-2024 | 10:21 PM
MCW100
Advanced

Good-looking car! Have you had the massage feature before? And have you compared RaceTex to non-RaceTex? I would personally opt for the latter and drop the former.

I like you included the audio system upgrade have you heard Burmester? 😬
1. Never had massage in any car. Thoughts? I don’t take long trips so could go without
2. My mom and dad have race Tex in their panamera and taycan. It’s definitely an upgrade. But in my current Panamera I’ve never thought to myself I wished I had that.
3. Never heard Burmester and honestly would rather be naive/ignorant in this area. I’m so impressed with the Porsche Bose and think its levels above any of the even “high end” BMW and Audi systems we’ve had over the years, so am completely fine saving that
Old 08-19-2024 | 11:03 AM
orca15
Pro

My thoughts - I don't use the massage much but wife absolutely loves it and will use it on a trip to the store. Other passengers the same, and of course, its a major bragging point if that matters. It is actually not just a gimmick, it's kind of nice. Breaks up a long trip. Turns off every 15 minutes or so.

The Bose system is plenty good for me. Yes, it is one of the best systems I have ever had. Not an audiophile and old enough to not worry about tweeter dynamic range
Old 08-19-2024 | 11:22 AM
PandaSPUR
Racer

I have massage seats on my 2023 and they're nice. Much stronger than the massage seats in a BMW, but not as strong as those in a Mercedes. None of them come close to an actual massage chair, but they're all nice for long drives or a bit of comfort when you're just sitting in the car waiting for something.

I had alcantara seats in my previous car (BRZ) and went with leather for my Panamera because race-tex means giving up ventilated seats and other stuff. The only time I miss the race-tex is when I do autocross. My *** definitely slides around a lot more on the leather. But on the other hand, the ventilated seats were very nice for those hot autocross days when we have to keep the windows down lol.
Old 08-19-2024 | 12:11 PM
thigos
Rennlist Member

Really like your build. I havent seen Lugano in person but it looks great in pictures/video. Do you already have your aftermarket wheels picked out?
The dates I posted are just a spreadsheet I'm keeping based on the updates to TYD. Are you using TYD?

Apparently he’s a top top SA every year, but I’ve found him to be full of sh*t a decent amount of the time in full honesty
this cracked me up.
Chris09 (08-20-2024)
Old 08-22-2024 | 01:04 AM
MCW100
Advanced

Thank you! I’m heading to the dealership tomorrow to look at Lugano blue and oak green metallic neo which are my two finalists.

i don’t have wheels picked out and need to decide if I’m doing aftermarket asap. Do you have recommendations?

i just gave my SA the go ahead 2 days ago. He said the freeze date is 7 days from now so I need to make moves. So too early for TYD. Do they do that for panameras now? When I ordered my 2023 back in June 2022 they didn’t

Quick Reply: 2025 Model Waiting Room