ionizer upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 04:31 PM
gtrmichael
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ionizer upgrade

Hello,
I own a 2019 Panamera that did not come with a factory ionizer. Can that be added to added VIN of that model after it has left the factory? What is necessary to install it?

Thank you

Old 05-02-2024, 04:38 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 487 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by gtrmichael
Hello,
I own a 2019 Panamera that did not come with a factory ionizer. Can that be added to added VIN of that model after it has left the factory? What is necessary to install it?

Thank you
No your VIN option code and "window sticker" can not be adjusted after the vehicle leaves the factory. Even with all OEM parts and having your local Porsche dealership handle the instal, it would still technicaly be considered an aftermarket modification.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 05-02-2024, 05:33 PM
gtrmichael
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can this be done as an aftermarket modification? What is necessary? VIN is WP0AA2A7XKL101914.
Old 05-02-2024, 08:02 PM
djdonte
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I mean anything is possible with enough money, but it probably involves removing the HVAC box which means removing the dash and nearly every interior part. Why do you want an ionizer so bad? My last 971 had it and my current one does not, and I couldn't tell a difference. If you have a PIWIS you could code the button into the PCM if it makes you feel better maybe.
Old 05-03-2024, 11:13 PM
Mootz
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

I have an ionizer in my 2019 and honestly couldn't tell you if it is on or off without looking at the display. I notice no difference in air quality. I had even tried running for a few weeks with it off as the default and then back to on for a few weeks--damned if I can tell the difference. I wouldn't spec it again in another build
The following users liked this post:
chassis (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 11:23 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,389 Likes on 1,020 Posts

I have the ionizer on all the time. Can't tell if/what it does. But it's a button to push and a gadget to think about!
The following users liked this post:
Highline-Autos.com (05-09-2024)

Quick Reply: ionizer upgrade