Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera everything whent black

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 04:44 PM
miterkata
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panamera everything whent black

Hello everyone today 03.may 2024 something happened to my car in pouring rain everything in my car shut off while driving the engine runs normally and gearbox shifts whiteout isues all buttons work except the options i can start the navi manually but it shutsoff like the engine is off i dot have anything on the gaige cluster ita like the car doesnt know its running no speed no temps presures fuel and the screen stays on the logo the car is panamera 970 4s from late 2010
Old 05-04-2024, 01:57 AM
vice_toned
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey, had a similar situation except it was flooding. Firstly, try to figure out where the rain got, because you for sure have an electrical issue. What are the errors you're getting on the dash, and are you able to get a PIWIS tool to read? I recommend doing these first then trouble shooting.

What did shutoff in the car, did you get anything on the driver screen (Chassis fault, electrical fault, etc) ?
I would assume that some important module, perhaps the engine module or something failed. That's why I recommend keeping the car off, and getting a professional to clean it up and replace whatever parts are required.
For me I had a similar issue with my '11 Panamera S except it was a flood, and my body control module was fried, and I had to replace it.
Old 05-04-2024, 02:02 AM
miterkata
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by vice_toned
Hey, had a similar situation except it was flooding. Firstly, try to figure out where the rain got, because you for sure have an electrical issue. What are the errors you're getting on the dash, and are you able to get a PIWIS tool to read? I recommend doing these first then trouble shooting.

What did shutoff in the car, did you get anything on the driver screen (Chassis fault, electrical fault, etc) ?
I would assume that some important module, perhaps the engine module or something failed. That's why I recommend keeping the car off, and getting a professional to clean it up and replace whatever parts are required.
For me I had a similar issue with my '11 Panamera S except it was a flood, and my body control module was fried, and I had to replace it.
when i start the car no screen's turn on like the car doeant know its on cant get anny communication out the obd2 port
Old 05-04-2024, 02:07 AM
vice_toned
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by miterkata
when i start the car no screen's turn on like the car doeant know its on cant get anny communication out the obd2 port
Yeah that's definitely some electrical damage in my opinion, I guess. Maybe wait for some second opinions from some other posters on the forum.
Best option is to get it towed and checked by a really really good mechanic.

Best of luck.
The following users liked this post:
miterkata (05-04-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 03:32 AM
miterkata
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by vice_toned
Yeah that's definitely some electrical damage in my opinion, I guess. Maybe wait for some second opinions from some other posters on the forum.
Best option is to get it towed and checked by a really really good mechanic.

Best of luck.
thank you

Quick Reply: Panamera everything whent black