Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

970 Spoiler Glitch

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Iticip
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 970 Spoiler Glitch

I have a 2010 Panamera Turbo and I've had the Spoiler Failure three times, on my third time now.

The previous two times it occurred when I was going over 120 MPH, although I go at and above these speeds at other times (shhh) and it doesn't happen.

However, this last time, I clicked the spoiler button to change things up (I virtually never move the spoiler) and got the error. I saw it move normally, but it stopped in the B position of A, B, C, with the two flaps on the spoiler in a ducktail/non Turbo shape.

The previous two times it went back to normal after a few days. However, both those times my battery died at some point in the few days period. This time it hasn't died, but the spoiler failure also hasn't gone away (spoiler locked, no response from button, get alert at 60mph+)

Has anyone successfully resolved this issue yet? I see it's pretty common, but can't seem to find a resolution in this case where the motor works but the computer seems F*d up. Seems problematic to intentionally kill my battery and see if that fixes it haha.
Old 02-22-2024, 05:14 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 793 Likes on 567 Posts

I think its vise versa. Your battery is low on your car and that's giving the spoiler error
Old 02-22-2024, 05:16 PM
Iticip
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Shuga
I think it’s vise versa. Your battery is low on your car and that's giving the spoiler error
Battery is in good health now, the error occurred after pressing the button while driving and had been for a while so battery was charged
Old 02-23-2024, 04:18 PM
Iticip
Intermediate

Bump

I killed the battery overnight. No fix this time. Going to give it a few more cycles.

If anyone knows how to at least a) get the Spoiler Failure alert at 60mph every time blocked or b) know how to somehow reset the car so that it forgets it had that failure and I can attempt to move it again (the mechanism appears to be working fine) that would be a major help!

Unfortunately ya boy doesn't have enough $NVDA to spend on a Turbo spoiler that he shouldn't have pressed the button on!
Old 02-27-2024, 11:53 PM
Iticip
Intermediate

One last bump! Any thoughts on how to get the spoiler back with working motors?
Old 02-28-2024, 01:55 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts

When my battery goes flat it's the spoiler that acts up in my 2010 PTT. I just ignore the spoiler and never touch the button anymore (I used to drive all the time w/ it up) Get a new battery, get it coded and have each electrical system reprogrammed and see if this fixes it. Mine hasn't had any issues in years and works every time (knock on wood!!)
The following 2 users liked this post by skiracer:
Iticip (02-28-2024), Jan-Åke_Klement (05-31-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 01:58 PM
Iticip
Intermediate

Originally Posted by skiracer
When my battery goes flat it's the spoiler that acts up in my 2010 PTT. I just ignore the spoiler and never touch the button anymore (I used to drive all the time w/ it up) Get a new battery, get it coded and have each electrical system reprogrammed and see if this fixes it. Mine hasn't had any issues in years and works every time (knock on wood!!)
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, touching it was a mistake, lol.

When you say get it coded, do you mean bring it in or use a code reader? PIWIS II is the code reader for this or is there another?
Old 03-04-2024, 07:29 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts

According to my indy, each module in the vehicle needs to be coded when a new battery is installed. I was under the impression that the only coding needed was the battery info.
The following users liked this post:
Iticip (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 05:16 PM
Iticip
Intermediate

Originally Posted by skiracer
According to my indy, each module in the vehicle needs to be coded when a new battery is installed. I was under the impression that the only coding needed was the battery info.
Very interesting. I am taking it to an indy for an oil change on Thursday. They said they didn't have PIWIS, but something similar, and they'll give it a shot. The owner drives a 993.
Old 03-07-2024, 02:54 PM
PanaPano
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check out this thread that provides a part number for changing your spoiler motor.... Stuck spoiler on a 2013 3.0 Pan | Page 2 | PCGB Forum (porscheclubgb.com). I've ordered the part and planning on trying this on my 2014 4s with a stuck spoiler (likely due to drains being plugged)

Quick Reply: 970 Spoiler Glitch