Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

EPB Parking Brake Fault?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2024, 09:58 AM
cctix
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EPB Parking Brake Fault?

Hi all, this error showed up and hasn't gone away. Icarsoft can read all of the measurement values but the codes that module throws are all related to communication with PSM, engine, ect. The PSM has a code about wheel sensors, but those all work properly. 12V battery is a year old and SOC is good. On occasion, I can hear the parking brake servos start to whirl but it never engages. Any ideas what to look for next? Many thanks!
Old 02-01-2024, 05:17 PM
Mr Tee
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

The parking brake is quite a simple device , mine shows a permanent fault but has worked properly for quite some time . There’s just a motor in the housing that engages the shoes , I think the motors seize with lack of use / dirt build up etc . Not too difficult to replace .
Old 02-01-2024, 07:04 PM
cctix
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both of yours failed at the same time though? I have the fault but the brake does not engage, whether via button or trying to force it with the computer. I think this is a different issue. I'm suspecting it might be the EPB control unit, which I think required the rear seats to come out, but I don't exactly want to throw parts at a problem without understanding the error codes!

The PSM says the EPB has a memory fault and the EPB says the PSM has a memory fault...quite puzzling.

Last edited by cctix; 02-01-2024 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-02-2024, 03:24 AM
Mr Tee
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Codes on mine point to no comms with the actuator, on one side . Always a tricky one as you really don’t want to fire the parts cannon at it. Maybe a PIWIS session could help?

Quick Reply: EPB Parking Brake Fault?