Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Japanese service history

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2024, 04:30 AM
mdsbirch
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Japanese service history

I’m in NZ and I’m about to buy a Japanese imported 971 2016 GTS. It would be nice to get the service history, but every time I try with my VIN number American or European answers come back. Has anyone had this problem before and is there a solution?
Old 01-30-2024, 09:19 PM
Andypandarific
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same problem. Live in Japan, bought a Porsche and i tried many websites to check the VIN, they all came back with nothing. Also spent some money on some sites, thinking it would be more detailed, but apparently not.
I believe the issue is that they are not originally from Japan, and when they are imported, the VIN gets "lost".
I just googled my car and searched for the images to check the "history" on the web. Might not work in your case, my car has a Techart kit on it, so i was able to search back to a big chunk of it's lifetime to see it also had the kit on at that time, together with a mileage record. I also reached out to Techart who pointed me in direction of a Japanese dealer who installed the kit (i've yet to follow up, but feel comfortable about it's history so far).

Maybe try some similar investigations using something specific about the car.

Quick Reply: Japanese service history