Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Need a lot of help

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2023, 12:05 PM
orca15
Pro

Received 242 Likes on 164 Posts

I'm one of the ones that said RWS was a must, but that was for folks ordering a new car. Compromises must be made on used cars. Let's just say it makes it 10% easier to park, that's worth it if you are buying new, but if you don't have it, I doubt you will miss it, as you will get used to skipping those tight spots. Probably in Sweden it might not be such a big deal but when you go to Italy (which I just did and rented a Panamera GTS) you will suffer going into the public parking lot and yes, you will want to use public transpo more.

Like the poster said above, for 15K miles, thats $10K in value for the younger car, which beats RWS. So just go with the younger car, especially if it has the surround cameras.
The following 2 users liked this post by orca15:
chassis (12-28-2023), Lipigol (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 01:12 PM
Lipigol
7th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats the answer I was looking for, it does indeed have a surround view. I think all of GTS in Sweden have surround view.

edit: hoped for actually!

Last edited by Lipigol; 12-28-2023 at 01:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (12-28-2023)
Old 01-01-2024, 11:04 AM
Guada
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Recently I bought a new Panamera 4 in Central Canada - climate much like Sweden. It is a year-round daily driver and I plan to keep it for about eight years. Optioned it simply with Surround View, 14-way seats, GTS heated steering wheel and a great set of Michelin Alpin 4 snow tires on Porsche wheels. All Canadian cars come with the glass sunroof, which I could do without. The roof intermittently creaks and my guess is that Porsche dealer will never be able to fix it. This Panamera has steel springs and no rear wheel steering. I ordered it that way because I view the air suspension as a longer term maintenance issue. Parking in a tight underground garage has not been a problem, but Canadian roads are not like tight European cities and towns. I have taken the car through hill and lake country on PCA drives and for a 1900kg car I have been highly impressed. It will hold its own with the 911s and Caymans on regional back roads. Steering, handling and braking are impressive. Acceleration is more than adequate for normal driving conditions. And it loafs along on high speed autoroutes. I have owed Cayman, BMW M3 and recently M2, so I appreciate handling. My theory on car ownership has been to keep it as simple as possible and not to be dazzled by all the extra bells and whistles. Condition and "mileage" are more important in the long run, as is your ability to keep it serviced. The rest of the stuff does not improve the driving experience, but maybe boosts one's ego. So far, I am very happy with "The Orca" - my first automatic four door car in many decades. It looks as if it is going to be a very reliable ride...

Last edited by Guada; 01-01-2024 at 11:08 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Guada:
chassis (01-01-2024), FNTSTK 4 (01-01-2024)

Quick Reply: Need a lot of help