Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Price Check on my first Porsche purchase

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2023, 09:53 PM
Kaizen_
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Price Check on my first Porsche purchase

I've been working with a certified Porsche dealership in LA the last week or so and planning on heading down to take a closer look. MSRP is $103,680. Dealer asking for $61,999. I suspect it's priced due to the mileage (60,986 miles) however it is CPO and covered and clean title with 1 owner carfax. I work from home so this will be a glorified gym and errand runner with the occasional trip to the coast once of twice a year. I've found other deals that have been good however I feel more comfortable buying a CPO with an extended warranty. The package isn't half bad either based on the build sheet. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Kaizen_; 06-24-2023 at 10:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (06-24-2023)
Old 06-24-2023, 11:18 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 987 Likes on 660 Posts

Rennlist people love Fidelity for extended warranties. Never heard a bad review. I plan on buying one when my CPO warranty runs out 3/2024 on my 2018 PTST
SteingoldVolvoCars (09-12-2023)
Old 06-24-2023, 11:45 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,056 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaizen_
I've been working with a certified Porsche dealership in LA the last week or so and planning on heading down to take a closer look. MSRP is $103,680. Dealer asking for $61,999. I suspect it's priced due to the mileage (60,986 miles) however it is CPO and covered and clean title with 1 owner carfax. I work from home so this will be a glorified gym and errand runner with the occasional trip to the coast once of twice a year. I've found other deals that have been good however I feel more comfortable buying a CPO with an extended warranty. The package isn't half bad either based on the build sheet. What do you guys think?

Looks good. Maybe a few % high on the price but not outrageously high. CPO is a good idea. Good luck and post photos when it arrives in the driveway!
Old 06-25-2023, 12:12 AM
Ericson38
Burning Brakes

Received 364 Likes on 280 Posts

We have a 2019 (Dolomite Silver/Black) 2 Wheel Drive model, with the same options as yours, except added Ionizer, cooled front seats, no Steering wheel heat, outer grills body color (and 2+1 rear seats). Our 21 inch wheels are Exclusive Design Platinum. Our base price (no options) was 86,300, while your candidate is $4300 more, due to 4WD. Our VINs are close (we are 100351). The BOSE in this car sounds better than the BOSE in our 2023 Cayenne. Wife brought it up to me first. She is right about that.

We have 12.3K miles now, have had it 3 years, and have ran 3 bottles of Techron through it so far, since you can't get to the intake valves on this EA839 engine very easily. That plus frequent oil changes and you would be good.

Your candidate may be coming up for the 60K mile PDK oil change? Tires and brakes should be almost new, if coming from a dealer.

I think this is the best driving vehicle there is, in a four door configuration. Putting the suspension in full firm is a blast in this car, given the right time and place. Otherwise, effortless cruiser and one of the best looking cars on the road (outside and inside).

Are you close to a dealer? We bought it at Thousand Oaks (Rusnak). Do any of your own maintenance? There was a safety bulletin on the engine coolant recirculation pump (used to heat the cabin with engine off). Should also be done. We had to bring ours in for a creaking sunroof, also a TBS (not safety) on that.

Performance wise, you can be at 100 from 75 mph in a couple of seconds. We just drove 200 miles from North Santa Barbara county to Ventura and back today, 32.3 mpg down, and 29.2 mpg back (headwind on the 101). Our 2023 Cayenne has the same engine (EA839 Audi 3.0 single Turbo) at 335 hp. Our 2WD Pana model weighs 4050 lbs, so that's about 12 lbs per HP. The Cayenne (same engine) is 14 pounds per HP (4700 lbs). It would have to sport a 390 hp engine to have the same weight/power ratio as the Panamera.

Has it been PPF'd in the front, since they do set low?

Last edited by Ericson38; 06-25-2023 at 12:24 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ericson38:
hvdct_69420 (07-04-2023), Kaizen_ (06-25-2023)
Old 06-25-2023, 02:15 AM
Kaizen_
Track Day

Originally Posted by chassis
Looks good. Maybe a few % high on the price but not outrageously high. CPO is a good idea. Good luck and post photos when it arrives in the driveway!
Yeah, the miles are a bit high and I plan on leveraging that to negotiate a deal on the extended CPO Plus 1 warranty that gives you an extra year on the 2 year unlimited. Given the miles, I think that's a pretty good trade off.
chassis (06-25-2023)
Old 06-25-2023, 02:16 AM
Kaizen_
Track Day

Originally Posted by Nickshu
Rennlist people love Fidelity for extended warranties. Never heard a bad review. I plan on buying one when my CPO warranty runs out 3/2024 on my 2018 PTST
yeah, i've gotten the same consensus as well. Will be looking into them once that time comes.
Nickshu (06-25-2023)
Old 06-25-2023, 12:08 PM
Ericson38
Burning Brakes

Yeah, the miles are a bit high and I plan on leveraging that to negotiate a deal on the extended CPO Plus 1 warranty that gives you an extra year on the 2 year unlimited. Given the miles, I think that's a pretty good trade off.
Make sure that all 60K maintenance is performed as part of the deal (PDK I think is in that milestone).
The following 2 users liked this post by Ericson38:
chassis (06-25-2023), Kaizen_ (06-25-2023)
Old 06-25-2023, 02:23 PM
Kaizen_
Track Day

Originally Posted by Ericson38
We have a 2019 (Dolomite Silver/Black) 2 Wheel Drive model, with the same options as yours, except added Ionizer, cooled front seats, no Steering wheel heat, outer grills body color (and 2+1 rear seats). Our 21 inch wheels are Exclusive Design Platinum. Our base price (no options) was 86,300, while your candidate is $4300 more, due to 4WD. Our VINs are close (we are 100351). The BOSE in this car sounds better than the BOSE in our 2023 Cayenne. Wife brought it up to me first. She is right about that.

We have 12.3K miles now, have had it 3 years, and have ran 3 bottles of Techron through it so far, since you can't get to the intake valves on this EA839 engine very easily. That plus frequent oil changes and you would be good.

Your candidate may be coming up for the 60K mile PDK oil change? Tires and brakes should be almost new, if coming from a dealer.

I think this is the best driving vehicle there is, in a four door configuration. Putting the suspension in full firm is a blast in this car, given the right time and place. Otherwise, effortless cruiser and one of the best looking cars on the road (outside and inside).

Are you close to a dealer? We bought it at Thousand Oaks (Rusnak). Do any of your own maintenance? There was a safety bulletin on the engine coolant recirculation pump (used to heat the cabin with engine off). Should also be done. We had to bring ours in for a creaking sunroof, also a TBS (not safety) on that.

Performance wise, you can be at 100 from 75 mph in a couple of seconds. We just drove 200 miles from North Santa Barbara county to Ventura and back today, 32.3 mpg down, and 29.2 mpg back (headwind on the 101). Our 2023 Cayenne has the same engine (EA839 Audi 3.0 single Turbo) at 335 hp. Our 2WD Pana model weighs 4050 lbs, so that's about 12 lbs per HP. The Cayenne (same engine) is 14 pounds per HP (4700 lbs). It would have to sport a 390 hp engine to have the same weight/power ratio as the Panamera.

Has it been PPF'd in the front, since they do set low?
Thanks for the thorough response and agree that this car is the best driving 4 door sedan as well. It's a great balance of luxury and sport that really sets it apart. I do live relatively close to a dealer however the dealer I'm working with is out of state. Good call on the 60k maintenance. I'm in the process of crafting an email to them right now and will be sure to ask about that as well as the engine coolant recirculation pump.
Old 06-25-2023, 04:05 PM
Ericson38
Burning Brakes

You might enjoy reading this-

Tested: 2018 Porsche Panamera V-6 RWD (caranddriver.com)
Old 06-25-2023, 04:46 PM
Ericson38
Burning Brakes

There are others-

This one is a little less and 46K miles.

2019 Porsche Panamera - $59,888 - CarGurus

Old 06-27-2023, 01:33 PM
Kaizen_
Track Day

Originally Posted by Ericson38
There are others-

This one is a little less and 46K miles.

2019 Porsche Panamera - $59,888 - CarGurus
This is a pretty good deal, however what really is selling me on this car is the CPO warranty. The piece of mind is really important to me. That being said, I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer if they are able to include and install the SportDesign side skirts and Exclusive Design Taillights as well and will more than likely ask for a bill of sale so I can finalize things!
Old 06-27-2023, 06:27 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 569 Posts

You want them to add sport design side skirts and the taillights for the same price? I can tell you right now that's gonna be a no lol.
Old 06-27-2023, 07:05 PM
Kaizen_
Track Day

Originally Posted by Shuga
You want them to add sport design side skirts and the taillights for the same price? I can tell you right now that's gonna be a no lol.
lol I mean, sure that would be great but no.. i expect to pay for them. I'm waiting for pricing to add them.
Old 06-29-2023, 05:30 PM
Kaizen_
Track Day

quick update for those interested... the dealership dropped the price a few days ago which is a good sign they are looking to get the car off the lot. That being said, after reading the horror stories of others who have had problems with CPOs after purchasing I've opted to have a 3rd party PPI done just to make me feel comfortable about my purchase as well as driving it 1300 miles home, especially with the current mileage. One thing that strikes me as odd is when I asked about setting one up with a local mechanic, the response I got was "well it can be difficult to do offsite PPI's due to logistical reasons" and was asked if the mechanic could come to the lot and do the inspection there. Taking it for face value, I also requested a copy of the vehicle service history about a week ago to at least see what work they have done to it since they received it and have gotten the "I've requested the info and still waiting to hear back" message... Does that seem odd to anyone else? I've been in sales for 20 years and I'd like to think that I can situations pretty well but would love to hear other's thoughts on it situation...
Old 06-30-2023, 05:10 PM
ManoTexas
Three Wheelin'

Received 691 Likes on 416 Posts

They should immediately be able to pull records and show you their work in prep for CPO.

Quick Reply: Price Check on my first Porsche purchase