Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Porsche panamera control unit failures?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 03:37 PM
love my 4s E
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche panamera control unit failures?

Hello, my older 2018 Panamera 4E is having multiple error codes, some of which are very concerning, but the computer doesn’t see them as issues. Let me say this first: ride quality, 0-60 acceleration, and pure electric range (27 miles) are all within or above the manufacturer's specifications (0-60 acceleration is actually faster than documented). However, here's the catch: I got a hybrid CAN bus fault and no communication at the same time, as well as multiple electrical malfunctions on the headlights and infotainment. There's a control unit internal fault on the DME, cell voltage deviation above limit values on the hybrid battery pack, and one issue that I can definitely rule out, yet it reports as a currently active issue: "Front left mid-range speaker - open circuit." To my knowledge, this is saying either the speaker is blown or the wiring has broken, yet there’s voltage going to the speaker, and it's outputting sound normally with zero scratch noises. Not to mention, this car likes to cut power steering at random times, and sometimes the car will say something like "power steering fault driving permitted," yet it’s impossible to turn the wheel at a standstill. Sometimes the car won’t recognize any issues with the power steering, yet there's no power steering, and even when I plug in an OBD2 scanner, it still sees zero issues. Oh, not to mention, the rear wing lost its calibration, but luckily, I was able to recalibrate it using my OBD2 scanner. Right now, I’m confused about what's wrong. It's a cascade of failures, yet some systems are working fine while others aren't with no errors. If someone can direct me to something that might not even fix it but is worth trying, please let me know.
(edit) this car has already had 13k dropped on repairs from Porsche techs for broken ground cables wire harnesses and hybrid charging port that short circuited from water damage according to Porsche…

Last edited by love my 4s E; 03-29-2023 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-30-2023, 10:25 AM
Epeviston
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Holy Jesus. Sorry for your troubles...I'm sorry I'm no help. Just passing condolences.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:20 AM
ZedZed
Pro

Received 168 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by love my 4s E
Hello, my older 2018 Panamera 4E is having multiple error codes, some of which are very concerning, but the computer doesn’t see them as issues. Let me say this first: ride quality, 0-60 acceleration, and pure electric range (27 miles) are all within or above the manufacturer's specifications (0-60 acceleration is actually faster than documented). However, here's the catch: I got a hybrid CAN bus fault and no communication at the same time, as well as multiple electrical malfunctions on the headlights and infotainment. There's a control unit internal fault on the DME, cell voltage deviation above limit values on the hybrid battery pack, and one issue that I can definitely rule out, yet it reports as a currently active issue: "Front left mid-range speaker - open circuit." To my knowledge, this is saying either the speaker is blown or the wiring has broken, yet there’s voltage going to the speaker, and it's outputting sound normally with zero scratch noises. Not to mention, this car likes to cut power steering at random times, and sometimes the car will say something like "power steering fault driving permitted," yet it’s impossible to turn the wheel at a standstill. Sometimes the car won’t recognize any issues with the power steering, yet there's no power steering, and even when I plug in an OBD2 scanner, it still sees zero issues. Oh, not to mention, the rear wing lost its calibration, but luckily, I was able to recalibrate it using my OBD2 scanner. Right now, I’m confused about what's wrong. It's a cascade of failures, yet some systems are working fine while others aren't with no errors. If someone can direct me to something that might not even fix it but is worth trying, please let me know.
(edit) this car has already had 13k dropped on repairs from Porsche techs for broken ground cables wire harnesses and hybrid charging port that short circuited from water damage according to Porsche…
ICBW, but aren't OBDII codes limited to engine only?
Old 04-01-2023, 01:38 PM
love my 4s E
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZedZed
ICBW, but aren't OBDII codes limited to engine only?
No? I guess I don’t understand… You can read each individual module via the OBD|| port they might not be labeled specifically “OBD|| error codes” for other components besides DME but they are error codes so I just call them OBD2 error codes since you can read the issues that the high voltage systems, PCM, external amplifier, IC, and gateway are reporting back to the system.

Quick Reply: Porsche panamera control unit failures?