Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

My Porsche Remote app (service) taken away for 2018- older

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2023 | 06:42 PM
hammyton
Intermediate

"My Porsche" functions still work on mine like pre-cooling the car. I also got the letter saying services will be sunsetted and was expecting mine to stop working but so far so good..
Old 04-06-2023 | 07:55 PM
amphicar770
Racer

Mine was updated while in for another service. That was 6-12 months ago.

Porsche has an army of lawyers. I doubt they are worried about this issue after dodging responsibility for IMS bearings, plastic coolant parts, leaking timing chain covers, failing hybrid batteries, the list goes on and on.

Old 04-09-2023 | 06:51 PM
somtoja
1st Gear

As for the software of Porsche vehicles (I have a Panamera 971), their software is approximately as reliable as the first generation of computers operating on the principle of punched tape. Actually, to tell the truth, as reliably - as everything in Germany during the last 5 years. German quality is just a myth, it's only a matter of time when people stop buying it.
The following users liked this post:
amphicar770 (04-09-2023)
Old 04-14-2023 | 11:36 AM
KosD75
5th Gear

An additional data point on this. I’m looking at buying a certified Panamera 4 e-hybrid. The dealer told me they were positive that Porsche would do the upgrade to restore functionality. I asked them to verify with Porsche North America and of course the answer was no, that they would only upgrade for the original owner (which I don’t believe either). It’s a shame to spend this much on a vehicle and have the connected features lost relatively early in the vehicles life span.
Old 04-14-2023 | 11:47 AM
amphicar770
Racer

Originally Posted by KosD75
An additional data point on this. I’m looking at buying a certified Panamera 4 e-hybrid. The dealer told me they were positive that Porsche would do the upgrade to restore functionality. I asked them to verify with Porsche North America and of course the answer was no, that they would only upgrade for the original owner (which I don’t believe either). It’s a shame to spend this much on a vehicle and have the connected features lost relatively early in the vehicles life span.
Before you buy the hybrid, ask the dealer how much it will cost to replace the HV battery out of warranty.

Quick Reply: My Porsche Remote app (service) taken away for 2018- older