Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

971 Panamera: Remove Rear Tailgate Trim PORSCHE logo

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 09:23 AM
Meinbeast
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Is the only option to change from chrome to black getting the whole trim replaced? Or are replacement letters available?
Old 08-08-2023, 09:27 AM
ergray3
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Meinbeast
Is the only option to change from chrome to black getting the whole trim replaced? Or are replacement letters available?
I believe I saw replacement letters available at suncoast but the black background part of mine was messed up so I needed to replace the whole thing and didn’t look too hard for the letters. I got this piece from eBay.
Old 08-08-2023, 10:20 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 966 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by Meinbeast
You can buy just the letters in gloss black, matte black or silver. I believe matte black was never offered on the 971 Panamera, only gloss black from the factory. Matte was an option on other Porsche models.

I started out changing the letters, but I ended up changing the whole bar (which you can order with gloss black letters already installed) because once I got the silver letters off I noticed how scratched up the black plastic on my bar was.
Old 06-13-2024, 08:28 AM
djdonte
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts

This post helped me a bunch. I noticed this trim looking a little aloof and it would not snap back in. I took everything apart and one of the metal clips was bent. I broke it trying to bend it back but I got it to snap in. However, the clip on the opposite side did the same thing. The clips are really thin so I am wondering if they are replaceable. I could not find anything on the parts websites.
Old 06-13-2024, 11:26 AM
ergray3
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djdonte
This post helped me a bunch. I noticed this trim looking a little aloof and it would not snap back in. I took everything apart and one of the metal clips was bent. I broke it trying to bend it back but I got it to snap in. However, the clip on the opposite side did the same thing. The clips are really thin so I am wondering if they are replaceable. I could not find anything on the parts websites.
I got a full replacement piece on eBay if that helps
Old 06-13-2024, 11:47 AM
djdonte
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts

There is nothing wrong with the trim. Just two of the clips.

Quick Reply: 971 Panamera: Remove Rear Tailgate Trim PORSCHE logo