Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2022 | 10:44 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tolkino
Ah.. right, the extra speakers and also the PCM programming which Porsche does not allow. My dealership told me that there are supply issues with Burmester too. I can not see it as an option in German configurator however it is somehow listed on North American sites.
Also another "small" issue is that due to crazy tax system where I live, Burmester option costs above $30K so its a bit difficult to bite the bullet
Wow, not worth $30k! Have you sat in a Panamera that has the base audio system? It’s probably hard to find but try to find one at a dealer near you or even a private seller. See if you really hate it — if so, maybe wait to order until Bose becomes an option again? I’m actually surprised that it’s completely unavailable to even order. Supply shortages are getting better and better every day so hopefully this problem goes away soon. Find out when your freeze date is, maybe you’ll be able to switch to Bose by then. If not, you could opt to wait for the next allocation. I just remember reading a person’s post here who mistakenly did not option Bose and was really disappointed to end up with the base audio system and not be able to make it better. You’re spending a lot on a car like this so you wanna make sure you’re happy with it especially when you’re custom ordering it to your exact liking.
Old 10-14-2022 | 11:07 AM
BobbyZ256
Advanced

Ah.. right, the extra speakers and also the PCM programming which Porsche does not allow. My dealership told me that there are supply issues with Burmester too. I can not see it as an option in German configurator however it is somehow listed on North American sites.
Also another "small" issue is that due to crazy tax system where I live, Burmester option costs above $30K so its a bit difficult to bite the bullet
if they can’t honor the Bose are they discounting the other ?
Old 10-14-2022 | 11:25 AM
2GSDs
Racer

Originally Posted by SS22
Is it the email asking you to set up your Porsche ID for this car? If so, I think I got that email when the car was en route from the port to the dealership.
It’s a really nice email saying it will arrive at the dealership soon, thanking me for waiting so graciously and for my passion and patience, and welcoming me to the Porsche family.

I know it’s good marketing, but I will say, whoever composed the email did a great job. I still have a huge smile on my face.
Old 10-14-2022 | 11:36 AM
2GSDs
Racer

30 THOUsand? Good lord, where do you live?
I see that the Bose is still listed in the premium package of higher end models, starting with the 4S.
If that isn’t an error, it would make more sense to go with that, than pay 30K.
Old 10-14-2022 | 02:15 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 2GSDs
It’s a really nice email saying it will arrive at the dealership soon, thanking me for waiting so graciously and for my passion and patience, and welcoming me to the Porsche family.

I know it’s good marketing, but I will say, whoever composed the email did a great job. I still have a huge smile on my face.
It might be a new email they’ve put together. I don’t remember it but yes, that’s very nice. Spoiler alert but you’ll continue receiving emails and also things in the mail welcoming you to the Porsche family. It’s all a nice touch!
The following users liked this post:
Zola3515 (11-06-2022)
Old 10-14-2022 | 04:19 PM
BobbyZ256
Advanced

I went into the US configuration if you have premium package listed it is a 5800 upgrade. But they still show the bose
Old 10-14-2022 | 04:43 PM
MiamiNYer
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2GSDs

i have a friend who got that exact email after the car already arrived at the dealership. Those are some awesome smiles!
Old 10-14-2022 | 06:16 PM
tolkino
Intermediate

We have a Macan with base stereo. It is not too terrible but it differs a lot from one car to another. I will ask my dealer if they can find me a Panamera with base stereo to test. Though I’m not too optimistic about that. It truly sucks to customize every piece of the car from scratch and not being able to get a proper sound system.

2GSDs, I just checked the configurator again, and you are right, Bose is actually available as an option starting with the 4S and up. It definitely used to be an option for lower models. I guess they are being more selective nowadays.

I live in Turkey where we have near 300% tax on luxury cars, so basically any option that goes into the car sale invoice gets that tax added. It costs me an additional $70K to switch to 4S with same options plus another $6K for Bose. To me it’s not worth it considering I’m already paying way too much for just Panamera 4.

I just hope that things would change near the build date so I can at least get the Bose.

Old 10-14-2022 | 07:57 PM
Nvrfollow
Advanced

Originally Posted by MiamiNYer
i have a friend who got that exact email after the car already arrived at the dealership. Those are some awesome smiles!
Porsche is the first car brand I have owned that addresses me as Mr. in their email communication
Old 10-15-2022 | 11:55 AM
orca15
Pro

Re: Bose - I don't think this will help you swallow the base system, but of all the cars I have owned, the Panamera is the one I use the stereo on the least. Not sure why, I guess I love the two sounds - rumble of the ICE and utter silence of the E Machine. Sorry they stuck you like this.
Old 10-15-2022 | 01:12 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Sent my SA a copy of the posts on the Bose system issue. Sure enough he said he can see a note on my order for my 4S hybrid Executive stating it will not have the Bose system nor the electric steering column control.
He was upset that Porsche did not inform him of this issue directly. I asked about upgrading to the Burmeister and he asked Porsche if that was an option and they said it was not available either. Some story about the wire harnesses being unavailable. But is it not odd that they can install the base stereo system?

My Bose was part of the premium package and he said that they are going to provide a credit for the Bose stereo that will not be installed. And he says he plans on making them one up with more compensation of some kind.

my concern that this lack of steering column controls and the stereo will lower the resale of this vehicle which I mentioned to my SA as well. These Panamera’s are the worst car in the lineup in terms of holding value already.

also the steering column control moves the steering up and back to allow one to get in the vehicle easier and will not reposition for each driver as it should in a $168,000 luxury vehicle.

I can understand leaving these off a GT-3 or a GT4 since in theory those are super duper track and driving cars - not plush luxury vehicles but a Panamera is competing with the Mercedes S-580 and Audi A8 etc. no word that they are not installing the Burmeister or other high end stereo systems.

also my car has been in the system since July and just locked two weeks ago and they sent out this notice right after the car locked.

also kind of bad that the 2024 Panamera will likely be a new generation of this vehicle with the all digital dash from the Taycon and a battery system that will provide more like 100 miles all electric range as compared to the 2023’s 25 mile range on battery only.

It seems like Porsche needs to experience a rash of cancellations. They could find a way to make up the necessary harnesses or whatever it takes to get one of these high end systems installed or upgrade the base system with a better amp and install better speakers and more of them for the base system.

my wife is annoyed as she wanted the Burmeister like she had as standard equipment in her s-560 Mercedes and I got cheap and ordered the Bose and now she is back to the base stereo. She wanted the A8 Audi and I had to talk her into the Panamera. This is going to cost me if that stereo sucks .
Old 10-15-2022 | 01:54 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Yea, this is very bad form on Porsche’s part. I can understand the supply shortages and the world we live in now but they should at least communicate this in advance. If your order already froze, then they should do whatever it takes to get you the options that they locked you in for. It’s also not enough to simply say we’ll refund you the cost of that option. Heck no! I’d be furious. As you said, it’s not acceptable on this expensive of an ultra-luxury car.

I will say one thing though… the $8k Burmester system on Panameras are multiples better than the Burmester that Mercedes puts in its cars for an extra $2-3k. The specs are much better for the Porsche yet folks think just because it says “Burmester” they’re the same. The Burmester in Mercedes is comparable to the Bose in Panameras. The Porsche Burnester takes it to another level. Someone can fact check me on the specs (number of stereo speakers, sound output, etc.) but I remember I looked into it a long time ago.
Old 10-15-2022 | 03:02 PM
tolkino
Intermediate

Targa32, I do not think it’s your fault at all. You may have had the same problem even if you originally ordered the Burmester. I double checked with another dealer and they told me that they had no chance but to remove some chip shortage related options from many cars long after they were ordered.

I also had a meeting this week with the country director of Land Rover, and he told me that many of their new high end vehicles are waiting for Meridian sound system parts therefore they can not be delivered.

It is going to suck that curent gen Panamera in its final production year will be less desirable as a used car due to its shortages.
Old 10-15-2022 | 03:59 PM
mmorgan216
Instructor

Back in August when I was finalizing a PTS Turbo S I was informed that even the Burmester may be an issue. Order went through for Jan 2023 build. SA informed me that Burmester were being held in reserve for high end, highly optioned Panameras. I would guess supply issues got worse and effects the Bose system as well.

personally, I would not accept any options that I chose to be deleted.
Old 10-15-2022 | 05:41 PM
911C2R
Advanced

RE: Base Stereo - I probably have the only 2022 GTS ST with a base stereo (might be a rare car &#128513. While this was probably one of only two ordering errors/regrets on my car and that is just a “maybe” that it was an error because I personally have no complaints to date. More of my compadres than not have an ear for high end sound systems and will always choose the most premium sounds system available. I unfortunately or fortunately, do not put much weight on the sound of the stereo system, but do enjoy the V8 through PSE.

I think there are worse options to not have on your Porsche, but that might be a minority opinion.

Quick Reply: Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)