Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

971 - Closing Cup Holders?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2024, 08:33 PM
E39Nutz
Pro

Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy Liu
ya i didn't bother taking it off LMAO. it looks like a nightmare. I just lift it , put a magnet on my screw driver and then take off the screw that way, cause there were some leverage on that part without breaking it. So I did it that way and did it up side down, it took longer but it works fine
i like your thinking, it also eliminates a few steps and no need to remove armrest and unplug the usb cluster inside the cubby. Just tilt it back and unscrew from bottom.
Old 01-04-2024, 12:49 AM
Andy Liu
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by E39Nutz
i like your thinking, it also eliminates a few steps and no need to remove armrest and unplug the usb cluster inside the cubby. Just tilt it back and unscrew from bottom.

we should ask the Admin to STicky this to DIY! Cause with your help this solves a lot of time from figuring it out. I think if I did it without pictures, it would of taken me 4 hours! but with your picture, it took me 30 mins!
Old 01-04-2024, 11:26 AM
E39Nutz
Pro

Originally Posted by Andy Liu
we should ask the Admin to STicky this to DIY! Cause with your help this solves a lot of time from figuring it out. I think if I did it without pictures, it would of taken me 4 hours! but with your picture, it took me 30 mins!
sounds good.
Old Today, 04:58 PM
antonionegue
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks for documented the explanation. I am planning to do it shortly. However, I am a little bit loss in the part of the armrest. I would like to remove it without taking apart the springs (as one of the memger did in here). He talks about place a magnet in the screwdriver but exactoy what screws are we talking about? Is there any way lads you can take a picture of even a short video to explain the way or doing this? Thanks a mil in advance.
Old Today, 05:35 PM
E39Nutz
Pro

I was replacing my armrest with one that has a porsche crest. Removing armrest makes the job easier but others have done without removign it, see post #28 by Andy. You can lift up the package box like he did and unscrew from under.
Old Today, 06:02 PM
antonionegue
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by E39Nutz
I was replacing my armrest with one that has a porsche crest. Removing armrest makes the job easier but others have done without removign it, see post #28 by Andy. You can lift up the package box like he did and unscrew from under.
ohhh, I get it now. So basically unscrew from under. Lift up the package box! Thanks again for your help mate. Will give a try at some stage and provide some pics of my experience then! All the best!

Quick Reply: 971 - Closing Cup Holders?