Panamera 971 Comfort

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 12:39 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by xasfx
I am running the ALP anti laser priority and Stinger on the other car. Both are having trouble with the LIDAR laser speed cameras.

they just don’t do the job as advertised, the laser let’s you know when you are too close no time to stop. And no way to jam the LIDAR polyscan as far as I know.

I will go ahead and research the k40 and see if it’s any different.

Thanks
Everything I've read indicates the ALP system is supposed to be the best available?? Not legal in California so I don't run jammers. I usually just find a "rabbit" and let him lead me about 1/2 mile ahead but still in sight. If he hits the brakes I slow down. Here in the "golden state" there is almost always somebody willing to lead the way. Combine that with a good radar detector and should be good to GO!
Old 07-12-2020, 12:42 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 547 Posts

I run Uniden R3 in 971 and 991.2, happy with the results
Old 07-12-2020, 03:20 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts

Don't try to retrofit the insulated glass option - there are enough of them out there that you'll find one w/ this factory option. If you're a fan of tinted windows, you'll also learn of the need for installing moleskin/felt to prevent scratches (well documented issue here).
Old 07-12-2020, 10:28 PM
xasfx
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skiracer
Don't try to retrofit the insulated glass option - there are enough of them out there that you'll find one w/ this factory option. If you're a fan of tinted windows, you'll also learn of the need for installing moleskin/felt to prevent scratches (well documented issue here).
you're absolutely right and would hate see an expansive tint getting scratched.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:30 PM
xasfx
AutoX

Originally Posted by B Russ
I run Uniden R3 in 971 and 991.2, happy with the results
I will check it out thanks B Russ
Old 07-12-2020, 10:39 PM
xasfx
AutoX

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Everything I've read indicates the ALP system is supposed to be the best available?? Not legal in California so I don't run jammers. I usually just find a "rabbit" and let him lead me about 1/2 mile ahead but still in sight. If he hits the brakes I slow down. Here in the "golden state" there is almost always somebody willing to lead the way. Combine that with a good radar detector and should be good to GO!
The ALP is overrated and annoying the sound it makes makes me wanna jump out of the window and it defiantly does not jam vitronic poliscan laser cameras which are getting very increasingly popular in my home town. A good laser jammer is a must to me because I now believe I am the rabbit of my area
Old 07-13-2020, 11:58 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Should also have mentioned that in addition to my K40 with laser diffusers I always have Waze running when I'm on the highway. Always. And I go a little easier at night when it's easier for cops to hide (and so less likely to have them reported in Waze).

Not sure about the cameras though @xasfx they're either not used where I am or I just haven't tripped one at high speed.
The following users liked this post:
xasfx (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 08:47 PM
dgmanny
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xasfx
Guys, I am considering a 2018 Panamera Turbo S E-Hybird. I am very keen on comfort as I have below average roads on my home town.
I test drove a 2020 Panamera GTS and found it to be acceptable in terms of comfort is different suspension wise from the turbo s?
Can you tell me if it is comfortable and can be used as a daly driver?

Is there a way/mod to have apple CarPlay be in full screen?

Any general problems/reliability issues that I should be in the look out for?

And finally what after market mods do guys feel is a must?

Thank you in advance and hope you have a great day.

I purchased a 2018 Panamera E-hybrid about 6 months. The ride is great but the seat are firm and a bit narrow. Coming from a Mercedes E-class and the seat is much less comfortable for long trips. Fine for short trips.
The following users liked this post:
xasfx (07-13-2020)
Old 07-17-2020, 11:04 PM
xasfx
AutoX

Guys I've found a turbo s that of my liking but it is missing the night vision option and was wondering if i can add it later on??
Old 07-17-2020, 11:36 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

I don't know how difficult to add later but I guess I'm wondering why you think you need it?? Do you live in a heavily forested area with lots of animals on the road? The standard headlights are among the best I've ever used.
Old 07-18-2020, 12:15 PM
krabman
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

I have it and it's never seen a deer although I live in deer country and have seen plenty while driving the car. I would describe it with words like worthless, garbage, etc.
Old 07-18-2020, 12:30 PM
doctj
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

If it has everything you want except night vision then go for it.

nightvision on almost all cars has a lag , it’s not real-time.
assuming you’re driving normal speeds and see a deer on it , by the time you get your eyes back on the road and not the screen, you’d have either hit or passed the deer.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:13 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by krabman
I have it and it's never seen a deer although I live in deer country and have seen plenty while driving the car. I would describe it with words like worthless, garbage, etc.
Interesting. I don't have it but I do know that depending on your seat and steering wheel position it could be hard to see and does require you to take your eyes off the road.
Old 07-18-2020, 03:17 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Interesting. I don't have it but I do know that depending on your seat and steering wheel position it could be hard to see and does require you to take your eyes off the road.
It's actually not hard to see because of the colors. The night vision screen (the right panel in the dash) is black and white until/unless it "sees" something in which case the animal is a color. I forget if it's yellow or red as it only happened to me once and it was a while ago. BUT, it was easy to see because it flashed color in an otherwise dark car cabin. I noticed the color-flash before I saw the deer. So that was cool.

Still, I wouldn't not get a car that didn't have it, nor would I try to retrofit it. I bought off the lot and it was on the car.
Old 07-18-2020, 06:14 PM
krabman
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

You can adjust it in settings so that it is running in the background and will pop up if it detects a target. Mine never has as I said but maybe the deer are just screwing with me? O_o

Quick Reply: Panamera 971 Comfort