Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Adding vented seats on my Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 12:00 AM
Adam Alotaibi
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding vented seats on my Turbo

Gents, my passenger seat (heated non vented) on my Turbo was damaged. I came across a new set of heated and vented seats.

If I dropped in the seats plus the climate controls would this work to add the vented not cooled seats?

Is the wiring different? Programming?
Old 05-07-2020, 02:20 PM
rbrunelle
Racer

Received 267 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Alotaibi
Gents, my passenger seat (heated non vented) on my Turbo was damaged. I came across a new set of heated and vented seats.

If I dropped in the seats plus the climate controls would this work to add the vented not cooled seats?

Is the wiring different? Programming?
The wiring is different and the programming is different. Not impossible as I have seen people wire in a rear camera module. The ventilation system on the seats are wired by a small 3 wire connector, power, switch control and ground. You would need the female of the connector that comes on the seat. Then you need to wire separate wire from the A/C module to each seat. (AC connector pins 9 and 10) You would also need to power then, meaning running a wire from a new fuse position (24 in right hand box) splitting that to go to that female connector and finally add a ground wire to that connector that can splice into the main seat ground on each side. This also assumes you have the buttons for the ac control on each side. Finally you would have to change the programming to show that you added ventilated seats.
Old 05-07-2020, 03:22 PM
Adam Alotaibi
8th Gear

Originally Posted by rbrunelle
The wiring is different and the programming is different. Not impossible as I have seen people wire in a rear camera module. The ventilation system on the seats are wired by a small 3 wire connector, power, switch control and ground. You would need the female of the connector that comes on the seat. Then you need to wire separate wire from the A/C module to each seat. (AC connector pins 9 and 10) You would also need to power then, meaning running a wire from a new fuse position (24 in right hand box) splitting that to go to that female connector and finally add a ground wire to that connector that can splice into the main seat ground on each side. This also assumes you have the buttons for the ac control on each side. Finally you would have to change the programming to show that you added ventilated seats.
Perfect this is exactly what I needed bud. Thanks so much.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:20 PM
Adam Alotaibi
8th Gear

Is this the plug?

Old 05-07-2020, 06:33 PM
rbrunelle
Racer

Probably, It has only three wires, should be white red and black I attached the wiring diagram. Amazon sells the half connectors you need to insert into the back of the fusebox. Run two wires from the fuse, one down the passenger side, the other under the dash then under the driver side. Once the carpet is up you will see the main wire harnesses on both sides that will get you to seat as well as the ground point for the seats. As far as the metal piece to insert into the back of the AC control, the internet likely has that somewhere for sale.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
POWER seat wiring.pdf (102.8 KB, 74 views)
Old 05-07-2020, 07:08 PM
rbrunelle
Racer

Yes that is the connector. The female counter is part number 999.656.351.40 I can't find it in my Porsche part number software but that is the part number shown for the female.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:34 PM
Adam Alotaibi
8th Gear

Yes that is the connector. The female counter is part number 999.656.351.40 I can't find it in my Porsche part number software but that is the part number shown for the female.
I wonder if I can just add some small switches and drop em in the ash try and avoid the hassle.

Old 05-07-2020, 07:41 PM
rbrunelle
Racer

MY only concern is that you would have on speed control Easy to test if it works, apply voltage and ground to the red and black wire of the seat. Otherwise you are looking at a used AC module which on ebay is $250 to $400 plus finding the connector which I located on connector experts for $80 each and then running the wires. A scrap yard might get you the connectors for next to nothing. Then you need access to a PIWIS to put your vin in the AC module and to add Ventilated seats to the cars option list. That part is easy with a PIWIS 2
Old 07-24-2024, 08:06 PM
GeoSkyGPS
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I found the information here very helpful, what would be really helpful would be to see if there is a LH side pin on the AC controller for the drivers side seat, as in my application there is a separate drivers and passenger side switch for the vented seats which I am adding to my 987.2. I have installed 997.2 seats with heat and vent and rewired past that memory controller on the drivers seat, I would just like to get the vent option working and have installed the proper controller, If I can identify the correct pin coming out of the AC controller for RH and LH seat I should be able to sort this all out. There could be a PIWIS component but at this point I am not certain.

Thanks in advance as we are very close to sorting this out.

Quick Reply: Adding vented seats on my Turbo