Joyeauto CarPlay Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 08:04 PM
panchosouth
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Joyeauto CarPlay Install

Hello All

Has anyone experienced an issue with the Joyeauto Installation with regard to reverse camera (OEM): The camera will not come on in reverse, however it will display for a very short period when going from Reverse to Drive.

In addition to the above, the parking assist will not automatically come on now. It will display if you press the 'car button'. System has been professionally installed. Antenna issue (not playing AM/FM was resolved by adding spacers to create enough space for the Joyeauto card and the satellite radio card. This is not included in the Joyeauto literature nor are they providing any direction in emails. Exactly the opposite in fact. All they have done is blame the installer.

TIA

Frank

(Can't seem to load the videos of the issue)

Old 03-19-2020, 05:12 AM
Stringbag
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

There are some little switches on the box which contains the ‘brains’. One of them is for OEM or aftermarket reverse camera.
there is a possibility that it was knocked during install and you have the wrong selection.
They didn’t respond to me via email but their ‘chat’ service in their website was instant.

Last edited by Stringbag; 03-28-2020 at 06:08 AM.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:16 AM
Stringbag
Pro

To log in and see the instructions etc you will need these passwords

https://www.joyeauto.com/support/tech-supports-tips/Download: joyedow

Installation: joyeins

Tech Support: joyetec

User Manual: joyeauto*

The first article on tech support is troubleshooting reverse camera doesn’t work

Good luck and let us know how you get on
Old 09-22-2020, 09:43 PM
stickyfingers
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by panchosouth
Hello All

Has anyone experienced an issue with the Joyeauto Installation with regard to reverse camera (OEM): The camera will not come on in reverse, however it will display for a very short period when going from Reverse to Drive.

In addition to the above, the parking assist will not automatically come on now. It will display if you press the 'car button'. System has been professionally installed. Antenna issue (not playing AM/FM was resolved by adding spacers to create enough space for the Joyeauto card and the satellite radio card. This is not included in the Joyeauto literature nor are they providing any direction in emails. Exactly the opposite in fact. All they have done is blame the installer.

TIA

Frank

(Can't seem to load the videos of the issue)
Hi there. I just got this professionally installed today. I have a 2015 911 GTS w/PCM 3.1 and an OEM reverse camera. The installer gave up after 7 hours trying to get the oem camera to show up on the screen but to no avail - he wants me to come back tomorrow - he thinks he'll have some answers from someone from California. Anyways, neither the OEM reverse cam nor the proximity sensors show up while in carplay. I did notice that when I press the NAVI button and go back to the OEM functions the camera works. Hopefully that helps someone. I will provide more updates if the installer figures it out tomorrow.
The following users liked this post:
FLfreedom (03-12-2023)
Old 09-26-2022, 02:23 PM
Metzeger
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stickyfingers
Hi there. I just got this professionally installed today. I have a 2015 911 GTS w/PCM 3.1 and an OEM reverse camera. The installer gave up after 7 hours trying to get the oem camera to show up on the screen but to no avail - he wants me to come back tomorrow - he thinks he'll have some answers from someone from California. Anyways, neither the OEM reverse cam nor the proximity sensors show up while in carplay. I did notice that when I press the NAVI button and go back to the OEM functions the camera works. Hopefully that helps someone. I will provide more updates if the installer figures it out tomorrow.
Hello have you find a solution? I have the same problem on my 981 spyder with OEM camera...Thanks
Old 09-26-2022, 02:33 PM
stickyfingers
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Metzeger
Hello have you find a solution? I have the same problem on my 981 spyder with OEM camera...Thanks
We gave up - I just dealt with it. I sold the car a few months back. Good luck. Sorry couldn't be much help.
Old 09-26-2022, 03:33 PM
Stringbag
Pro

Originally Posted by Metzeger
Did you try changing the little switches on the back? No8 for OEM Camera fitted or not.
Old 09-26-2022, 03:35 PM
stickyfingers
3rd Gear

Tbh, I don't recall. I suspect the tech tried everything - I was with him the following day for another 4 hours and that's when he said he couldn't get it going.
Old 09-26-2022, 03:46 PM
Metzeger
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stickyfingers
Tbh, I don't recall. I suspect the tech tried everything - I was with him the following day for another 4 hours and that's when he said he couldn't get it going.
Thanks for reply

Quick Reply: Joyeauto CarPlay Install