2020 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 09:19 PM
HamiltonGT4
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2020 GTS

Looking to order a 2020 GTS
Does anyone know if it’s worth the extra money for the rear axle steering and the torque vectoring?
Old 11-17-2019, 10:47 PM
krabman
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

Value is subjective but I'd say yes; The added maneuverability is helpful in tight spots (do at least order the parking cameras) and it gives a difficult to describe sense of the car starting to turn before you turn the wheel at speed. You notice this even on the freeway, go to change lanes and it's like the car starts moving over with the lightest touch. As I said not easy to describe but it's there. As to any possible assist the TV may give on the track I've no experience with that, I'd get it just because it makes it easier to shoehorn it in when in tight garages and that sort of thing. Traction is already very good in this car so I'm not sure a measurable difference could be found, my guess would be not. It was on my list, got the PDCC and the rest of the performance options also except for the brakes. Figured I'm already down the rabbit hole, might as well get the full experience.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:33 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

RWS for me is a strong yes. Really helps with maneuverability - almost makes the car feel like it's rotating on a central axis when doing a u-turn for example. Don't have experience with TV so can't say.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:30 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 37 Posts

I have RWS on my 2017 4S and can't say enough good about it. Handles like a smaller car than it is, especially in parking situations and on the road at speed. I have driven non-AWS equipped Panameras when mine is in the shop and it really is a dramatic difference. I would not own a Panamera without it.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:16 AM
jtorrebl
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by sfy1505
I have RWS on my 2017 4S and can't say enough good about it. Handles like a smaller car than it is, especially in parking situations and on the road at speed. I have driven non-AWS equipped Panameras when mine is in the shop and it really is a dramatic difference. I would not own a Panamera without it.
ditto must get with this large car. I also notice a big Difference with loaner panameras without it from the dealer. Totally worth it for parking in tight spots. The car feels tiny with it.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:10 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

RWS is one of those innovations that actually makes a difference you notice easily. Much of the other stuff is right there in the noise of the driving experience, until you get to maintain it that is.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:29 PM
LostCowboy
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems as though most suggest the rear steering, I drove a car with RWS and didn’t care for it. Ordered a 2020 turbo and built out what many would consider “old school” and now have a few hundred miles on the car and am glad I didn’t order the RWS. Just one mans (my) opinion though.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:01 PM
ok_computadora
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Did you get Sport Chrono?

Originally Posted by LostCowboy
Seems as though most suggest the rear steering, I drove a car with RWS and didn’t care for it. Ordered a 2020 turbo and built out what many would consider “old school” and now have a few hundred miles on the car and am glad I didn’t order the RWS. Just one mans (my) opinion though.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:08 PM
LostCowboy
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ok_computadora
Did you get Sport Chrono?
Absolutely. Sport chrono, sport exhaust are “can’t live without” in my opinion.

Quick Reply: 2020 GTS