Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Rotatable Tires for Porsche vehicles...?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 06:07 PM
levdeb
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rotatable Tires for Porsche vehicles...?

Hey all. Should be used to this by now, but isn't there a tire we can use on our machines (our 2003 Carrera, 2006 Cayenne, and now the 2012 Panamera 4)..? Even with a perfect alignment, the insides of the rear always go very quickly. The outsides of our tires look new!

Currently have the Goodyear Eagle LS2 tires on there. The website for the tires say they can be rotated, but on the tires that are installed now, it actually says "this side out".

Any help on ANY tire that can be rotated left to right would be appreciated!
Old 08-08-2019, 07:53 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts

I don't believe they can be rotated on the Panny due to different sizes front and rear and the fact that (mine at least) are directional so can't be swapped. I also experienced excessive wear on the insides of both rear tires and found that the alignment was way off. Got it corrected recently and hoping for improved wear - make sure you find someone that knows what they're doing as there is a range of acceptable settings. I went from apparently a very aggressive setting to one that now should wear more evenly.

The alignment cost more than I was expecting, but far less still than a single tire.
The following users liked this post:
levdeb (08-08-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 10:13 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Get the alignment checked again, particularly toe and thrust. I get absolutely perfectly even wear on both my P cars. More even than I get with any of my other cars.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:26 PM
Deezflip
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

You can also try to get the tires unmounted and flipped

Quick Reply: Rotatable Tires for Porsche vehicles...?