Panamera 2010-Current

P0068 MAF/MAP code on 2012 base

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 12:00 AM
alexpb
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0068 MAF/MAP code on 2012 base

Has anyone dealt with this? Does it involve cleaning or replacing a part? the car is still under CPO warranty but trying to limit wasting time at dealership if it is simple.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:16 AM
Kirkman
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I Googled "Porsche P0068": I had this problem on a Hyundai; and after a lot of trial an error nailed the issue to a small air leak in the throttle body shaft. A "smoke test" located the leak. Typically, a dealership will start by replacing items like MAF Sensor. This wastes money and time. Start instead with a simple smoke test. Another simple "fix" is just to reboot your cars computer/capacitors. Just unhook the negative terminal of the battery and wait 24 hrs. When you reconnect the battery, the car's computer "relearns" the motor as though it was its first start up. Want to do this faster - disconnect both leads (negative first) from the battery and then connect the leads together for ten minutes.

P0068

Description of the defect

Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Inconsistent with MAF Sensor
The PCM monitors a vehicle operation rationality check by comparing sensed throttle position to mass air flow readings. If during key ON engine running self-test the comparison of the TP sensor and MAF sensor readings are not consistent with calibrated load values, the test fails and a diagnostic trouble code is stored in continuous memory.

Possible causes

List of elements that might trigger the appearance of this code

• Air leak between MAF sensor and throttle body
  • TP sensor not seated properly
  • Damaged TP sensor
  • Damaged MAF sensor
Old 08-13-2019, 12:46 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

I got my first CEL in this car yesterday and this P0068 code appeared. I cleared it, restarted the car and it's gone for now. Hopefully it was an anomaly and not a sign of a failed sensor in need of replacement.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:32 AM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

Well these cars don't have a MAF so there's no sensor to go bad. Still throwing this code after much diagnosis and replacing parts that failed test:
-AOS had a tear in the diaphragm
-cylinder 4 seal was leaking so replaced
-fuel tank check valve intermittently sticking and replaced
-turbo boost valve also bad so replaced

I'm hoping this was the last of it - sure would like to get my car back this week and hoping nobody else is pulling this P0068 code. Smoke test only helped w/ intake system leaks and my 10-year old car seems to have other components in need of replacement.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:15 PM
dudecs
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by skiracer
I'm hoping this was the last of it - sure would like to get my car back this week and hoping nobody else is pulling this P0068 code. Smoke test only helped w/ intake system leaks and my 10-year old car seems to have other components in need of replacement.
Thanks for the update and good luck.

Quick Reply: P0068 MAF/MAP code on 2012 base