Panamera 2010-Current

New 971 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 05:01 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by spadae22
Yes, the 4S did have sport exhaust. The GTS sounds totally different, much lower louder grunt. In sport plus it changes a bit more, sounding much better than the 4S and Turbo, I cannot say enough about PDCC makes the car totally different to drive. The 4S has all sport optics except that
I, too, have a (2017) 971 4S with sports package and rear axle steering, though no PDCC. I am seriously considering ordering a 2020 GTS. I have always felt like there's not quite enough "grunt" starting from a full stop in my 4S in normal mode. I realize the horsepower is slightly more in the GTS and the torque is quite a bit more, but it is coupled with a hefty increase in weight. So, the stated 0-60 speed is virtually the same between the 4S and GTS. Is there a noticeable feeling of more power from a stoplight?

Any other changes you have noticed?
Old 07-09-2019, 12:22 PM
amelen
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by sfy1505
I, too, have a (2017) 971 4S with sports package and rear axle steering, though no PDCC. I am seriously considering ordering a 2020 GTS. I have always felt like there's not quite enough "grunt" starting from a full stop in my 4S in normal mode. I realize the horsepower is slightly more in the GTS and the torque is quite a bit more, but it is coupled with a hefty increase in weight. So, the stated 0-60 speed is virtually the same between the 4S and GTS. Is there a noticeable feeling of more power from a stoplight?

Any other changes you have noticed?
Not apples to apples, but I came to the 2017 971 4S from a 4.0T Audi S6. The low-end grunt was noticeably better on the S6. The car felt A LOT faster, even though on paper the HP is about the same as the 4S. The 4.0T engine is also very tunable for even more HP/TQ if that's a route you'd go down at some point.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:42 AM
E.R. Spada II
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jtorrebl
I also have a 971 4S. I test drove the new GTS but didn’t really gun it to see the exhaust note. I heard that these new cars come with a particle filter that really brings down the exhaust note. You can giving me the best comparison. My 4S had sports package and exhaust. Did your old car jabs the sport exhaust too?
Yes, sport crrono, rear steer, sport exhaust. Sound much lower stronger sound. Sport plus changes sound more than sport. PDCC is great. A different car without it.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:46 AM
E.R. Spada II
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amelen
Not apples to apples, but I came to the 2017 971 4S from a 4.0T Audi S6. The low-end grunt was noticeably better on the S6. The car felt A LOT faster, even though on paper the HP is about the same as the 4S. The 4.0T engine is also very tunable for even more HP/TQ if that's a route you'd go down at some point.

Tune is very nice. 4.0 is has very low end tq, mpg going down.... but big difference.

Quick Reply: New 971 GTS