Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Huge 2010-2016 Panamera Recall

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 05:35 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 634 Posts

has anyone set up an appt yet to get theirs done? did anything rattle or break after the recall was fixed?
i'm about to list my turbo and have a feeling this might come up on recall searches. might have to do it to sell without issue.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:33 PM
lexhair
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

Here's another recall for rollaway Panameras. 2010 - 2016. The fun doesn't seem to stop.

Edit: My 2014 P4 didn't paint up on either NHSTA nor Porsche recall sites. Not sure if it's too early or what.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:32 PM
sp3000
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I just booked mine in, but may delay... I was told they need to get into the blower unit and access is via removing the glove box. My understanding is that they are doing a temporary fix now and IF they deem it necessary the car has to go back later in the year to have the part replaced. I pushed to wait until the part was available so I didn't have to go twice (more that I don't want the interior taken apart twice!) but the service advisor was very instant that we do this asap! I plan on calling back in a few days and cancelling until the part arrives.. I just have that feeling...
Old 06-24-2019, 10:56 PM
user 8298308
Banned

Received 687 Likes on 399 Posts

I was booking an oil change and both recalls came up. I'm going to have them addressed then (mid-July).

My read is that there's an initial fix, and then a permanent fix will come.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:51 PM
NJS_04_996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DogWood
you got everybody scrambling to find their VINs

ODD, when I enter my VIN I get this "We could not find campaign information about this vehicle because the number you entered contains an error or is not in our system."

if I copy and past the VIN into a VIN lookup site it finds my cars info no problem
got that too the first time, then I realized I type WPO instead of WP0 ....found it and it is indeed recalled - '12 Panny 4.

Thanks for the original post!
Old 06-25-2019, 10:09 AM
lexhair
Pro

Originally Posted by sp3000
I just booked mine in, but may delay... I was told they need to get into the blower unit and access is via removing the glove box. My understanding is that they are doing a temporary fix now and IF they deem it necessary the car has to go back later in the year to have the part replaced. I pushed to wait until the part was available so I didn't have to go twice (more that I don't want the interior taken apart twice!) but the service advisor was very instant that we do this asap! I plan on calling back in a few days and cancelling until the part arrives.. I just have that feeling...
Must be slow in the shop over the summer.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:39 AM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Our car is on the list, the dealer doesn't even have the parts yet
Old 06-25-2019, 01:04 PM
NJS_04_996
Racer

Originally Posted by Deezflip
Well, that's practically ALL of them in the U.S.

Makes you wonder...i don't "recall" seeing anyone post about their Panamera catching on fire since 2010, unless I missed it.
Very random events, some cars that only smoldered. Just found this info on Carcomplaints.com :

Porsche received its first Panamera complaint in 2013 and thought it was an isolated incident. Then in 2015 another report was received but the automaker couldn't find a reason for either incident.

Over the next three years four more incidents occurred but investigators still had no clue what was causing the problems. Porsche also says most of the incidents ended in smoldering that was self-extinguished.

In January and April 2019, Porsche was informed of two additional incidents similar to the previous reports, except this time engineers were able to determine what caused the problems.

So that is a total of 8 out of over 30,000 vehicles. Seems to be a very isolated problem.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:13 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by NJS_04_996

So that is a total of 8 out of over 30,000 vehicles. Seems to be a very isolated problem.
damn! that's a big expense [for porsche] for just 8 cars so far. i would assume avoiding major lawsuits is the main incentive.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:04 PM
mikelectic
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sp3000

Dealer also suggested bringing it in for the temporary fix which I declined. They confirmed that the replacement parts are coming in by July 16th so I had them schedule my appointment for the 16th.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:02 PM
lexhair
Pro

Originally Posted by mikelectic
Dealer also suggested bringing it in for the temporary fix which I declined. They confirmed that the replacement parts are coming in by July 16th so I had them schedule my appointment for the 16th.
I thought the replacement unit was not going to come out of production for a couple of months still. I guess that's good news.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:07 PM
sp3000
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mikelectic
I was told no date yet but late this year.. I'll call again and see if they can give me a better ETA.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:52 AM
dudecs
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

This is the information from my service advisor, following research on the recall...
"I did some research and unfortunately we’re not expected to receive parts until Sept. I looked into both recalls (there are 2 repairs); Porsche has the main recall AkA7 for blower motor, if the part number applies then we have to perform the 2nd recall WKE0 which is the interim remedy until parts become available for motor. We won’t know if the interim remedy needs to be performed until we check the part numbers. The repair will not consist of recharging or leak testing; it’s strictly a mechanical component repair."

Sounds like one blower motor part number is more serious than the other? Inconsistent information on replacement part availability?

My Panamera has two unrelated problems that needs to be addressed separately and sooner than later... freon leak and driver's side air temperature mixing servo (flap) failure.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:05 AM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's another one involving the gearbox.
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/06/24/...namera-recall/
Old 06-26-2019, 02:48 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by lexhair
Here's another recall for rollaway Panameras. 2010 - 2016. The fun doesn't seem to stop.

Edit: My 2014 P4 didn't paint up on either NHSTA nor Porsche recall sites. Not sure if it's too early or what.
INTERESTINGLY, My VIN was shown as a Recall Car on the NHSTA Site for the Rollaway risk, but the PORSCHE
Site indicated neither of the 2 Recalls applied to my VIN. Called PCNA office earlier who advised me NO recall applied to my VIN.
Hmmmmm.... Houston, I think we have a communication problem here!

Quick Reply: Huge 2010-2016 Panamera Recall