Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 12:45 PM
ChalkGTS
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wet Sleeper

638,8 WHp - 831 Nm
The following 3 users liked this post by ChalkGTS:
911C2R (07-14-2024), chassis (07-01-2024), GGPanamera (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 02:04 PM
GGPanamera
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you have the 911 Turbo wheels painted? They look great. Have the same on my Panamera 4S
The following users liked this post:
ChalkGTS (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 11:42 PM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Shuga
You're leaving this on the streets of NYC but worried about doing a reflector delete? That's wild lol.
You don't think insurance would use any reason possible to get out of paying? Reflector delete = removing a "safety feature" required by law.

Everything is a risk, I just try to control what I can.
Old 07-02-2024, 12:22 AM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 539 Posts

GTFO NYC like the smart people sorry 😔
Old 07-02-2024, 12:43 AM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Originally Posted by B Russ
GTFO NYC like the smart people sorry 😔
The yellow reflectors are a NHSTA rule.............................................
I park in a private garage near my apartment out in Queens. I only park on the street when im out in an area without paid parking garages.
I do want to leave NYC as a whole for more space but I need to be in the office twice a week.
Old 07-02-2024, 01:28 AM
vman932
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 82 Posts

chassis (07-07-2024)
Old 07-07-2024, 08:58 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by PandaSPUR
You don't think insurance would use any reason possible to get out of paying? Reflector delete = removing a "safety feature" required by law.

Everything is a risk, I just try to control what I can.
No, I don't. You're not removing them, you're changing the color of them. The insurance company would have to prove that you altered them to begin with. And if the car was hit (God for bid) they would have to go looking around at the crash site to see if these altered reflectors
Old 07-07-2024, 08:59 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The yellow reflectors are a NHSTA rule.............................................
I park in a private garage near my apartment out in Queens. I only park on the street when im out in an area without paid parking garages.
I do want to leave NYC as a whole for more space but I need to be in the office twice a week.
Paid parking garages are just as big of a risk as parking on a NYC street LOL.
Or an even bigger risk then doing a reflector delete.
Old 07-07-2024, 09:00 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vman932

IMO the 970.2 will always remain one the sexiest cars ever made. I miss mine terribly
chassis (07-07-2024)
Old 07-07-2024, 09:21 PM
PandaSPUR
Racer

No, I don't. You're not removing them, you're changing the color of them. The insurance company would have to prove that you altered them to begin with. And if the car was hit (God for bid) they would have to go looking around at the crash site to see if these altered reflectors
We were both talking about reflector DELETE. I'm considering tinting mine since like you said, they would still be functional. The painted covers from bumperplugs would be a delete no? I think theyre OEM reflectors that are painted over, but I doubt the light would still be visible if you left it hooked up.

Paid parking garages are just as big of a risk as parking on a NYC street LOL.
Or an even bigger risk then doing a reflector delete.
I haven't had an issue with the parking garage I've used for the past 7 years near home. Parking garages at my destination are more risky but usually if you're nice to the valet, they treat your car well. Haven't had an issue with those either yet, most of them park my car on the ground floor too.
Old 07-08-2024, 01:49 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

We were both talking about reflector DELETE. I'm considering tinting mine since like you said, they would still be functional. The painted covers from bumperplugs would be a delete no? I think theyre OEM reflectors that are painted over, but I doubt the light would still be visible if you left it hooked up.

I haven't had an issue with the parking garage I've used for the past 7 years near home. Parking garages at my destination are more risky but usually if you're nice to the valet, they treat your car well. Haven't had an issue with those either yet, most of them park my car on the ground floor too.
Painting over them wouldn't be considered a delete imo. The light would still shine, just not as bright if you left it hooked up. It would be a dull light. But it would be the same liability wise if you if you tinted them.

I don't trust any Valet. I've seen first hand how they destroy cars in NYC. I haven't driven in the city in years, the last time I did, I parked on the street which was just as big of a risk, however I was driving my beater at the time.
Old 07-08-2024, 05:49 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I just Sticky'ed this thread. Hopefully all can find it now. Some really stunners in here.
The following 2 users liked this post by Shuga:
Deezflip (07-13-2024), PandaSPUR (07-09-2024)
Old 07-09-2024, 12:22 AM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Painting over them wouldn't be considered a delete imo. The light would still shine, just not as bright if you left it hooked up. It would be a dull light. But it would be the same liability wise if you if you tinted them.

I don't trust any Valet. I've seen first hand how they destroy cars in NYC. I haven't driven in the city in years, the last time I did, I parked on the street which was just as big of a risk, however I was driving my beater at the time.
It would be interesting to test, I've never seen a picture of those painted over reflectors lit.
And yea, valets are scary, I get scared every time I read any review for any garage lol.
Maybe its luck, maybe its cause I'm nice, maybe its because people assume I'll tip cause I'm being nice. Been driving in NYC for 9 years now and only two minor "incidents". One valet didnt know how to drive stick properly and kept revving/jerking around/burning my clutch (on my BRZ). Another valet was a dick and slammed the door of my Panamera, I went to the other valet, gave him a 10 and told him to keep my car away from the other guy.
Not much choice in the city, might as well not own a car if I never park in a garage or on the street.

Anyway back on topic. Went to autocross again 2 weekends ago, random video of me slowly putting around:
Old 07-09-2024, 12:31 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

It would be interesting to test, I've never seen a picture of those painted over reflectors lit.
And yea, valets are scary, I get scared every time I read any review for any garage lol.
Maybe its luck, maybe its cause I'm nice, maybe its because people assume I'll tip cause I'm being nice. Been driving in NYC for 9 years now and only two minor "incidents". One valet didnt know how to drive stick properly and kept revving/jerking around/burning my clutch (on my BRZ). Another valet was a dick and slammed the door of my Panamera, I went to the other valet, gave him a 10 and told him to keep my car away from the other guy.
Not much choice in the city, might as well not own a car if I never park in a garage or on the street.

Anyway back on topic. Went to autocross again 2 weekends ago, random video of me slowly putting around:
https://youtube.com/shorts/sAThc2IQtTk
To be honest, I don't know if I would own a car in NYC. Deff, not a nice one at that. I chose the ignore the Valets when I go out to dinner or to an event. I park the car myself and just throw them some money after I park where I wanted to, to begin with. Sometimes they bicker with me about it.. But I always say the same thing "it's already parked"...

For the autocross was that on NCC's side or Hofstra's side? It doesn't look like the front of the coliseum? I know on NCC's side they do driving courses for the academy every now and then.
Old 07-11-2024, 09:55 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Some pics I never got to post of my old baby. I'll forever miss you.

The following 2 users liked this post by Shuga:
B Russ (07-11-2024), Mr Tee (07-24-2024)

Quick Reply: Random Photo Thread for Panamera