Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Random Photo Thread for Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 06:38 PM
SBTT
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Acid green were standard on the 918 Edition 911. Not sure if you are yanking my leg on Hybrid part
Old 01-06-2020, 07:16 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pokingaround
Funny I got soft close bc I bought the car off the lot. Never would've ticked the box, but now wouldn't order a car without it! I was more excited about night vision - also in the car whether I wanted it or not - but because I have to remember to swap the right screen to it I don't use it as much as I should given the road conditions where I live (narrow, twisty, no shoulders, dark, full of critters). Too bad you can't do things like set the screen to default to it automatically during certain hours, or based on sunrise/set times.
I have the soft close and love them. I agree, would not get without again. I like the night vision. I have mine running in the background all the time. It does not have to be on the screen to work. I still get alarms when something is detected and the screen switches to the IR camera view instantly. It has detected many a deer jumping out of the woods for me and save some nasty collisions here in Western PA. I had it on my Audi and therefore had to have it on my Panamera.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:17 PM
FriscoTexasGuy
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

My MY19 getting ready for the work week.
The following 3 users liked this post by FriscoTexasGuy:
K777 (01-08-2020), RDR142 (01-13-2020), RDS928S (01-07-2020)
Old 01-07-2020, 12:00 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Pana TJ
I have the soft close and love them. I agree, would not get without again. I like the night vision. I have mine running in the background all the time. It does not have to be on the screen to work. I still get alarms when something is detected and the screen switches to the IR camera view instantly. It has detected many a deer jumping out of the woods for me and save some nasty collisions here in Western PA. I had it on my Audi and therefore had to have it on my Panamera.
File this under "you learn something new every day!" I didn't know this was a thing. How do you do this? I only find it while scrolling through the right-most instrument cluster screens.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:21 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

File this under "you learn something new every day!" I didn't know this was a thing. How do you do this? I only find it while scrolling through the right-most instrument cluster screens.
Poking, I must admit, I discovered by accident. I have my night vision activated all the time. On the PCM select the assist page. Turn the Night View Assist on and leave it on. It shows up as an indicator in the upper left of the driver displays to the left of the speedometer as a moon crescent. While this is on and whenever the camera detects a hazard, it will alarm and switch the right hand display to the night view screen automatically and it will highlight the hazard for you. This has happened to me several times and it literally scares the "SH...." out of you when it alarms. I am so glad I have this feature. Try it out and I hope this helps.
Pana….
Old 01-07-2020, 12:31 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Poking, I must admit, I discovered by accident. I have my night vision activated all the time. On the PCM select the assist page. Turn the Night View Assist on and leave it on. It shows up as an indicator in the upper left of the driver displays to the left of the speedometer as a moon crescent. While this is on and whenever the camera detects a hazard, it will alarm and switch the right hand display to the night view screen automatically and it will highlight the hazard for you. This has happened to me several times and it literally scares the "SH...." out of you when it alarms. I am so glad I have this feature. Try it out and I hope this helps.
Pana….
THANK YOU!
Old 01-08-2020, 09:46 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Pana….
Hmm. I can't get the moon to come on. My Night Vision was and is On according to the PCM screen (i.e. the red line under it is on). In the drop down menu, all I can tell it is the volume of the alert and the contrast of the NV screen. It's funny too because now that you mention it I recall having seen the little crescent moon in the past, but now can't get it to come on.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:57 AM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Hmm. I can't get the moon to come on. My Night Vision was and is On according to the PCM screen (i.e. the red line under it is on). In the drop down menu, all I can tell it is the volume of the alert and the contrast of the NV screen. It's funny too because now that you mention it I recall having seen the little crescent moon in the past, but now can't get it to come on.
I was wondering if you were going to notice that. When I tried mine to see what happened, I was in the dark garage and the indicator showed up. Later, when I left the garage in daylight, I noticed it was not on. When it got dark, I noticed the symbol did show up. Therefore, it may be smart enough to know dark/light and only turns on when needed in the dark. Just my observation, I will keep an eye on it. Oh, BTW, coming home last night with my dad in the car, a deer crossed the road about 100 yards ahead in the dark. The alarms went off and the screen changed to show the night vision and showed the deer outlined in red. It scared my dad and he was amazed and commented what a great option to have, especially in western PA where deer are rampant.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:03 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

I was wondering if you were going to notice that. When I tried mine to see what happened, I was in the dark garage and the indicator showed up. Later, when I left the garage in daylight, I noticed it was not on. When it got dark, I noticed the symbol did show up. Therefore, it may be smart enough to know dark/light and only turns on when needed in the dark. Just my observation, I will keep an eye on it. Oh, BTW, coming home last night with my dad in the car, a deer crossed the road about 100 yards ahead in the dark. The alarms went off and the screen changed to show the night vision and showed the deer outlined in red. It scared my dad and he was amazed and commented what a great option to have, especially in western PA where deer are rampant.
Ah! That makes sense. I will keep an eye on it as well. And definitely a nice option to have and one I would order going forward.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:01 AM
krabman
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

Mine has never seen a thing despite the deer casually frolicking around.

Last edited by krabman; 01-09-2020 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:59 PM
4ng crcs
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Never driven in rain so has to wait until everything dries out

The following users liked this post:
roddylennox (04-08-2020)
Old 01-09-2020, 01:05 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

@Pana TJ yup you were right. Dark garage this morning = there was the little moon icon. Thanks for pointing this all out to me. Glad I don't have to manually scroll to that screen any more!
Old 01-15-2020, 05:37 PM
RDS928S
Banned

Received 709 Likes on 316 Posts

Nice day in Joisey. 55 degrees mid Jan!
So i drove both Turbos!

Miggytosh (01-15-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 11:00 AM
triniexr
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RDS928S
Nice day in Joisey. 55 degrees mid Jan!
So i drove both Turbos!
Where did you get that spoiler and can the factory spoiler still deploy with that aftermarket one there?
Old 01-16-2020, 07:59 PM
RDS928S
Banned

Received 709 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by triniexr
Where did you get that spoiler and can the factory spoiler still deploy with that aftermarket one there?
Yes, oem spoiler works in conjunction just fine.
Its from Prior Design. True duck tail.

https://www.priordesignnorthamerica....-panamera-970/

Rgwirtz (06-02-2020)

Quick Reply: Random Photo Thread for Panamera