Notices

GTS Seats Comfortable?

Old 05-18-2019, 11:55 PM
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GTS Seats Comfortable?

I know, sounds like a silly question but hear me out. I have a 991.2 Targa GTS and I wanted to buy an office chair made out of a 991.2 Turbo, all leather; however, the seller has a Pana GTS seat/chair with alcantara - anyone know how they compare? Comfy? I suppose it is but I have back issues and the nearest dealers do not have any cars with them to sit in. I suppose it will be fine but I still want to get an opinion or two.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:17 AM
JayJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m also concerned about comfort as well as durability over time. Does the alcantara handle accidental spills and dirt well?
Old 05-28-2019, 03:17 PM
Paul Rathjen
Addict
Rennlist Member

The seats in the Panamera seem to hold up very very well. I would think the deep bucket design is going to be tough to deal with as an office chair. Do you intend to keep the power adjusting features? I'm assuming the GTS has the adaptive seats, so that is what you're looking at. The Alcantara stuff is going to wear and clear fairly easy, and there is no reason you couldn't use Kiwi boot/shoe waterproofing spray on it to protect from stains.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:24 PM
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, the adjustments will still have power. I am using a 996 seat as a chair now and the bolsters are fine but the Pana appears to have deeper ones.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:26 PM
Paul Rathjen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z. View Post
Yes, the adjustments will still have power. I am using a 996 seat as a chair now and the bolsters are fine but the Pana appears to have deeper ones.
Head support isn't adjustable either and that inset angle might be a little odd. They are pretty comfortable seats though, and if you keep the power adjustments, I could probably live with it! I mean keep the heating function too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: