Panamera 2010-Current

New PTT Driver

Old 05-25-2019, 06:55 PM
DrShafty
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New PTT Driver

Just picked up this 2013 PTT:

This is the one that the dealer declined to certify due to performance cats and exhaust. Turns out to be Innotech. With the valves open and the windows down.. nice sounds. A bit too boomy with the windows up.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
PTT Build Sheet.pdf (604.2 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by DrShafty; 05-25-2019 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Title change
Old 05-25-2019, 07:53 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Very nice, congrats!
Old 05-25-2019, 08:05 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

Welcome aboard - looks like a great example! Will you keep the exhaust?
Old 05-25-2019, 08:43 PM
DrShafty
Intermediate

The dealer had declined to CPO due to a 'performance cat and exhaust' install. The salesman didn't know what brand the exhaust was. My concern was that it be too intrusive at cruise.

There is no manufacturers marking on the Innotech other than a rather baroque logo on the tips, so I had a bit of a detective session to determine who had made it. I had never heard of Innotech before. As the dealer was giving me the keys, I saw that there was an additional control fob on the chain, with 3 buttons: on, off, and auto. The salesman shrugged, says maybe it's autostart? Looking very closely I saw the same logo, and guessed that it was an active exhaust controller.

In the 'off' position, the exhaust tone is more throaty and assertive than stock. I quite like it. The 'on' position apparently opens valves, in any case it is much louder in the on position. With the windows up I'm not a fan, as the cabin resonates in an annoying way. With the windows down however, especially in sport plus, I like it a lot.

In any case I plan to keep the exhaust.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:13 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

I have heard of innotech. I didn't connect it was any kind of active exhaust. You could probably sell it and put on something factory fairly easily - it was probably pretty expensive new.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:31 AM
DrShafty
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Paul Rathjen
I have heard of innotech. I didn't connect it was any kind of active exhaust. You could probably sell it and put on something factory fairly easily - it was probably pretty expensive new.
The exhaust system is marketed as 'IPE Valvetronic'. Yes it was expensive. After driving it for a week now I'm happy with the way it performs, and don't think I will be removing it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New PTT Driver