Infotainment software update

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 03:26 PM
Yalbader
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Infotainment software update

Hello,

I am on the verge of purchasing a used 2017 panamera turbo, i instantly noticed that the infotainment system looks older than my friends 2018 panamera turbo S which is identical to the cayenne.
Can anyone advise me when they updated the software? And is it possible to update to the latest version? Im assuming its feasible since all hardware is the same

Thank you
Old 05-09-2019, 10:43 PM
robertsalem
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a good question. i assume that there have been many many updates since 2017 especially since the car was new then.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:07 PM
jtorrebl
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

No updates to software to give it the new look. I’ve been asking my dealer for a year. Also the hardware buttons in the shifter surround were changed from 2017 to 2018. One button changed from set to something else. Very subtle change but it happened. I have 2017 panamera 4S.
my dealer did say there is an imminent update that was held back by Porsche a coupe months ago, so maybe soon?
Old 05-10-2019, 04:46 PM
Yalbader
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jtorrebl
No updates to software to give it the new look. I’ve been asking my dealer for a year. Also the hardware buttons in the shifter surround were changed from 2017 to 2018. One button changed from set to something else. Very subtle change but it happened. I have 2017 panamera 4S.
my dealer did say there is an imminent update that was held back by Porsche a coupe months ago, so maybe soon?
Can you please tell me what features are missing? Is there something major i should look out for? Like carplay support? Any other differences i should notice? Ive googled every where and cant seem to find anyone noting the differences

Thank you
Old 05-10-2019, 06:43 PM
EmMHoLLa
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

I have a 2017 and noticed it when I got my hands on a 2018 loaner. The red accents are missing. To me the update feels cosmetic but I am unsure.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:34 PM
jtorrebl
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Yalbader
Can you please tell me what features are missing? Is there something major i should look out for? Like carplay support? Any other differences i should notice? Ive googled every where and cant seem to find anyone noting the differences

Thank you
2017s have CarPlay. Only difference is cosmetic. The buttons have a grey background to make them stand out more (don’t like) and red underlines (do like).
my 2017 gracenotes online doesn’t work to show new music album art. I’m hoping for an update to fix this but not out yet.
old music shows the album art but newer songs after 2017 show the genre or a grey square instead.

Quick Reply: Infotainment software update