Panamera Turbo Air Suspension Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 11:57 PM
Expat444
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Panamera Turbo Air Suspension Help

Hi
I have a 2010 Panamera Turbo (70K miles) which has developed an odd Air Suspension problem, when I come out in the morning the back of the car is at the correct level but the front looks like it's resting (level) on both the front wheels.
I looked at the great air suspension information sticky thread so I have some idea what could be on, I took it to my garage and they checked the entire system for leeks but couldn't find any, as the only common component is the Valve Block they went ahead and replaced that and recharged the system, this improved the situation but didn't rectify it, it now takes longer but the front of the car still sinks to the top of the wheels.
Can anyone suggest what might be wrong/where to look next as short of replacing both front shocks I'm at a loss for what could be causing this.
Thanks!
Old 05-01-2019, 07:56 AM
RDS928S
Banned

Received 707 Likes on 316 Posts

Good info here;

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...stem-info.html
Old 05-01-2019, 06:36 PM
Expat444
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RDS928S
Thanks, that's where I started.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:42 AM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

You could have slow leaks on the front shocks, or leaks in the air lines. Somethings keeping up filling up the shocks.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:34 AM
ciaka
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 43 Posts

Top of shocks is just one of several places air can leak out of shocks.
If car raises/lowers ok (even if slow), means valves opening/closing for air passages do work.
If you raise car, leave it for over night and shocks are slammed (look like car resting on wheels), means air is escaping for sure.

Fully sealed suspension on panamera should raise fully within 4 seconds per service manual. If your car takes much more (the message stays on cluster for long), means system pressure keeps getting low, means leak in system.
Assuming you replaced valve body, I would
- spray all valve body connections to see if air leaking.
- spray top of shocks with soap after you raise it, to see if bubbles forming
- spray connections to air tank from compressor, to see if bubbling
- spray connections to air compressor from air tank, to see if bubbling
- spray air line connections to each shock affected

Each shock has set of valves that open/close air to the shock. If a shock stays up as needed, its valves working OK, if shock lowers, either valves not working right, or leak in path from shock, through lines, through valve body valves, through air tank lines, to compressor lines. Thats your path to PD.
Remember, shocks can leak internally, in which case you will not see bubbling on top of shock, but air will still escape due to leak in the bellows under shock (cannot be serviced, only replaced as entire shock).

Sorry for the late post, hope this is already fixed. If not, let us know.

Originally Posted by Expat444
Hi
I have a 2010 Panamera Turbo (70K miles) which has developed an odd Air Suspension problem, when I come out in the morning the back of the car is at the correct level but the front looks like it's resting (level) on both the front wheels.
I looked at the great air suspension information sticky thread so I have some idea what could be on, I took it to my garage and they checked the entire system for leeks but couldn't find any, as the only common component is the Valve Block they went ahead and replaced that and recharged the system, this improved the situation but didn't rectify it, it now takes longer but the front of the car still sinks to the top of the wheels.
Can anyone suggest what might be wrong/where to look next as short of replacing both front shocks I'm at a loss for what could be causing this.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Panamera Turbo Air Suspension Help