971 base pse

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 05:41 PM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 173 Posts
Default 971 base pse

Hello friends,

i have a 2018 pano 4 and was thinking about retrofitting the pse on it.. has anyone done this? Also has anyone been able to source a sound clip of the exhaust? Can’t find a video of a base with pse

thanks
Old 05-02-2019, 11:42 PM
Expat444
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on the fence about doing the same to my 970 T, I did it on my Cayenne S and it made a huge difference but talking to a fellow 970 T owner who has it installed we could barely tell the difference v's the standard exhaust.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:30 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by speedyj
Hello friends,

i have a 2018 pano 4 and was thinking about retrofitting the pse on it.. has anyone done this? Also has anyone been able to source a sound clip of the exhaust? Can’t find a video of a base with pse

thanks
yes i have done it - 9 months after having ordered my car without. I do enjoy it. If you are looking for something that makes a good sound but is not loud and wont wake up your neighbors, then PSE is the way to go. If you are looking for something very loud, then PSE is not the path you should follow.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:15 AM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rsyed
yes i have done it - 9 months after having ordered my car without. I do enjoy it. If you are looking for something that makes a good sound but is not loud and wont wake up your neighbors, then PSE is the way to go. If you are looking for something very loud, then PSE is not the path you should follow.
do u think I could bother you for a sound clip?
You can even send it to my email or WhatsApp me the video. If you can, shoot me a PM
thanks
Old 05-03-2019, 10:10 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I think it is a bit pointless to do it while the car is not moving.

Generally the exhaust sounds "deeper". The biggest difference to th normal exhaust is under load as of 2000 revs and when you let go of the gas pedal and the revs at >2000, the exhaust "burbles"... sounds amazing.

I was on the fence for months regarding the upgrade, then by accident I saw this video on a flight back home. Once I landed, I sent an email to my SA to book an appointment. Hope this video has the same effect for you (as of 14:30) :-)

There is another fella on the german forum who had did the upgrade too. At first, like me, I thought it was not too loud (Panamera insultes the sound to the inside well) but after a few days, both of us have been addicted.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:33 AM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Thats great info, thank you for this
how much did the retrofit run u cost wise?

Originally Posted by rsyed
I think it is a bit pointless to do it while the car is not moving.

Generally the exhaust sounds "deeper". The biggest difference to th normal exhaust is under load as of 2000 revs and when you let go of the gas pedal and the revs at >2000, the exhaust "burbles"... sounds amazing.

I was on the fence for months regarding the upgrade, then by accident I saw this video on a flight back home. Once I landed, I sent an email to my SA to book an appointment. Hope this video has the same effect for you (as of 14:30) :-)

PSE

There is another fella on the german forum who had did the upgrade too. At first, like me, I thought it was not too loud (Panamera insultes the sound to the inside well) but after a few days, both of us have been addicted.

Quick Reply: 971 base pse