Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Parts Database

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 12:08 PM
J-4132
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts Database

My car has been sitting in the dealership for about 2 1/2 months now. I am told they are unable to obtain a steering gear, which according to the dealership was “defective“. I am hoping you guys might be able to talk me through a few things that don’t necessarily add up.

First, is there a way to check some kind of parts database to see if they’re available anywhere? I want to check because it doesn’t make sense to me that a part -used for all Panamera models from 2010 through 2016, Is simply not available, with no ETA.. How do we find out if other people are having problems with this part? Since the dealer used the word “defective” to describe the part, it makes me wonder how many defective steering gears are out there, and do Porsche Panamera owners simply not talk about it because it could cast the impression that the car is worth less than it is?

Porsche has offered me a buyback, but the terms and conditions are less than desirable. I’ve had the car for approximately eight months, and they acknowledge that there’s a breach of CPO warranty.

Thanks for the loaner car Porsche! The irony: another Porsche dealer is selling my exact vehicle for an extra $15,000 than I paid for mine one year ago. The only difference is that this car for sale has an extra 10,000 miles on it then my car has on it right now. Also, the dashboard word has a different color

That higher priced car has 10,000 more miles than my vehicle.

Why the insane releases surrounding a buyback when you are simply unable to fix the car that was promised with the CPO warranty? So, they are only willing to give my money back and I’m not sure why there is such an attempt to silence me. I understand why they don’t want to give me market value since they are selling it for a lot more than I paid for it, but if this is truly the marketplace, by not fixing my car under the warranty contract, I am losing out on reselling the vehicle especially just before the summer. If I fix it somewhere else, I lose the warranty on the car sense OEM parts do not count when we are under CPO warranty.

What do you guys think about this? As a first time Porsche owner I’d appreciate the input.

What seems strange is that this steering gear is required on all Panamera models from 2010 through 2016, so I am wondering how there are none available?
Old 05-29-2019, 09:24 AM
Fulwild
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You didn’t paste a part number but google found these

https://parts.porschewoodlandhills.c...ar-97034701106
https://www.porscheatlantaperimeterp...0347011QX.html

Quick Reply: Parts Database