Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

What are some must have options/add-ons for a 2019 Panamera?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 04:02 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I live in New England and do not see the point of a heated steering wheel. If it's really cold, people will usually wear gloves anyway, and the interior (including steering wheel) warms up quickly just via the normal heater. I had it in my 2015 Panamera and used it all of once or twice; I decided not to order it in my subsequent two Porsches.

Unless you live in the desert, I do recommend getting the heated windshield, which is a new feature in Porsches for 2019, via the VW Group. It heats the front windshield without blowing air, and it's quicker than the conventional blown-air defroster to defrost and to remove condensation in warmer weather. VW Group came up with a way to put silver coatings rather than wires into the front windshield, and it's a good design.

I also recommend against Innodrive and LKA, but for ACC. I have all three, and use ACC a lot but never use Innodrive or LKA.

One feature that I had in my 2015 Panamera that I did not order in my 2018 Sport Turismo is soft-close doors, and I regret not getting it. My passengers have way too much trouble closing their doors tightly.

I did order Night Vision Assist, and I really like the infrared camera; I use it a lot for city driving when it's dark, as it helps pick out pedestrians, cyclists, and animals before you can see them with your eyes. My gripe is that Porsche mounts the camera too low around the bumper, and it should be placed up around the top of the windshield for better visibility.

I can't comment on 18-way seats, but I got the 14-way seats (with heated seats) because I have back problems, and I had zero problems on a 7600-mile, 2.5-week cross-country trip -- to my surprise. I had brought a special back pillow "just in case", but never needed to use it, happily.

I also had Bose in my 2015 Panamera and decided to not order an upgraded audio system in my Sport Turismo, and I'm very happy with the base system -- no regrets; the sound is great.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:35 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

. I live in New England and do not see the point of a heated steering wheel. If it's really cold, people will usually wear gloves anyway, and the interior (including steering wheel) warms up quickly just via the normal heater. I had it in my 2015 Panamera and used it all of once or twice;
I live in California and hate having to use the heater... heated steering wheel and seat warmer work just fine in the middle of winter. I do not own gloves.

I have the soft close doors and they are really neat. I can’t compare to panamera without so will take your word about their being a difference. I added it to jy build just because it seemed like a good option. The Bose audio system is considerably better than that in competing brands (the Mercedes Harmon Kardon system is embarrassing). I am sure the Burmester system is amazing, I just would not appreciate it listening to CNBC.

I had a heated windshield in my Range Rover and really liked it... but did not like the wires. On a related note, the windshield in my AMG took a rock a few weeks ago, my first windshield in at least a dozen cars, and I was surprised to learn the OEM glass is $2,500 because of the integrated sensors. Options-equipped glass comes with an additional cost that you don’t realize until you need to replace one.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:36 PM
user 8298308
Banned

Received 687 Likes on 399 Posts

I recently bought a CPO 2016 Panamera 4S. Here are some of the options it came with that I've found noteworthy. Though I didn't select these, of course, I was looking for some specifically in my used Panamera. Your mileage may vary on the functionality and relative importance given that you're looking at the current generation and may have different needs.

• Heated steering wheel: I'm in the Northeast as well, and always look for this in my cars. I happen to like this, especially with a finish like the dark walnut.
  • ACC with PAS: I have a highway commute, and this has been invaluable.
  • LCA: I find this very useful given the blind spots in these cars
  • Seat heating/ventilation: Again, heating is a must in cold weather. I don't anticipate using the ventilation much
  • 14-way seats: I wouldn't go with fewer adjustment options. I'd like to try the 18-way for comparison.
  • Rear camera and park assist: Camera is a must given visibility, and the park assist is accurate enough to save rims in even very tight parking and maneuvering situations.
  • PDLS: Changes night driving in a big way
  • Entry and Drive: Also a must

If I were spec'ing a new vehicle, I'd get the lane keep assist, surround camera and the night vision assist, as well as rear wheel steering. The turning radius on these isn't great!
Old 04-19-2019, 11:16 PM
Ed996
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got the 2019 P4S coming from 2012 Cayenne Turbo. I miss ACC. Not sure I miss the air suspension- didn’t use it much. I really like park assist. Heated steering wheel is a must imo.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:41 AM
iBang
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finished a 36mo lease on a Tesla Model S and got a Panamera 4. Very happy with the decision. Here are some of my thoughts on the options I have.

1) The full leather option is awesome. The full leather dashboard seems like a silly option because it's useless and I never tough it, but the car seem incomplete without it. We look forward all the time when we drive, why not look at something a bit more pleasant and put a smile on your face. Prior to my Tesla, I was in a BMW 750i and a Carrera 4s. The lack of a leather dashboard always made me feel it's incomplete. BTW, I love my chalk interior.

2) I have the 14 way seat. Really wanted the 18 way, but if I max out all the options, should I got for a higher trim? To my surprise, I really love the 14 way seat. To be honest, the car has been so fun to drive, I never looked back at the option.

3) Definitely get the Blind Spot Assist. It's a big car. You will really appreciate this.

4) The air suspension is really nice. I drive clients in my car all the time and set the suspensions on high. When I'm in the car by myself, it's in lowered suspension and sports plus. =)

5) Comfort access is a must.

The only option I should have spent more money on is the sound system. I got the upgraded Bose and it's mediocre. Overall, very happy with the ride.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:20 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by iBang
Just finished a 36mo lease on a Tesla Model S and got a Panamera 4. Very happy with the decision. Here are some of my thoughts on the options I have.

4) The air suspension is really nice. I drive clients in my car all the time and set the suspensions on high. When I'm in the car by myself, it's in lowered suspension and sports plus. =)
I think you mean that the air suspension is set to normal. High lift increases the ground clearance by an inch or inch and a half, but is only usable for speeds of 18 mph or less.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:11 PM
hlvg
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Interesting thread - In addition to options, what are discount people usually get on a 2019 base (or 4) Panamera?

Quick Reply: What are some must have options/add-ons for a 2019 Panamera?