Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Just placed a down-payment on a 2019GTS!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 01:26 AM
F K
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Just placed a down-payment on a 2019GTS!

Hello all. I just ordered a GTS yesterday and im super excited to join the Porsche family.
Delivery will be in August because i took a risk and ordered seat centers in contrasting leather. Tried opening it on thw configuration page but it doesn't show up. Could anyone please provide me with a picture of what the seats will look like? And if there's anything i need to add/remove
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKQKVH47

Thanks in advance 😁
Old 04-03-2019, 01:49 AM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Congrats! can't help on the color as my interior is a single color, those who have it will probably suggest you get the PDCC, supposed to take the handling to a new level (surprised it isn't standard on a GTS)
Old 04-03-2019, 06:37 AM
F K
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DogWood
Congrats! can't help on the color as my interior is a single color, those who have it will probably suggest you get the PDCC, supposed to take the handling to a new level (surprised it isn't standard on a GTS)
Did a bit of research this option looks tempting but its wayy to expensive. I drove a 4s in tge showroom pretty sure it did not have the option but the drive was amazing problem is it says that tge car handles bumps better and i commute to work on roads that are filed with bumps and potholes.
If i go withouy pdcc is it a deal breaker?
Old 04-03-2019, 10:52 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by F K
Did a bit of research this option looks tempting but its wayy to expensive. I drove a 4s in tge showroom pretty sure it did not have the option but the drive was amazing problem is it says that tge car handles bumps better and i commute to work on roads that are filed with bumps and potholes.
First, congrats!

Second, my 2018 Turbo ST does not have PDCC and not once have I thought anything along the lines of "gee this thing really needs to be more flat/stable through corners" or "needs better handling." (Disclosure: I have not pushed it to even 8/10ths nor tracked it as I'm still in my break in period).

I will say that I highly recommend the RWS. This is a big car, sometimes unwieldy in parking lots and other tight spaces. RWS has come in handy to really shrink the turning radius. I did a u-turn the other day and it practically felt like the car was pivoting underneath me. Remarkable.

With most Porsche options, I've observed that those who have it will tell you that they couldn't live without it, wouldn't get another car without it, etc. Conversely, most without it will say that they are perfectly happy without it. There are exceptions of course.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:58 AM
F K
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pokingaround
First, congrats!

Second, my 2018 Turbo ST does not have PDCC and not once have I thought anything along the lines of "gee this thing really needs to be more flat/stable through corners" or "needs better handling." (Disclosure: I have not pushed it to even 8/10ths nor tracked it as I'm still in my break in period).

I will say that I highly recommend the RWS. This is a big car, sometimes unwieldy in parking lots and other tight spaces. RWS has come in handy to really shrink the turning radius. I did a u-turn the other day and it practically felt like the car was pivoting underneath me. Remarkable.

With most Porsche options, I've observed that those who have it will tell you that they couldn't live without it, wouldn't get another car without it, etc. Conversely, most without it will say that they are perfectly happy without it. There are exceptions of course.
Well you have a point. I just signed a confirmation on the specs hoping to receive the car by mid july/August. The rws would be helpful I've had it on my BMW 650 gran coupe if i wasent mistaken. Loyal bmw fan till i drove the Panamera 4s and fell in love with the drive. Hopefully I'll be able to adapt to the size without rws and auto parking.
Thanks for the input i can't wait to get the car.

EDIT: i also got a great deal almost 12k$ discount from the dealer.

Last edited by F K; 04-03-2019 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Add a line
Old 04-03-2019, 11:07 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by F K
Well you have a point. I just signed a confirmation on the specs hoping to receive the car by mid july/August. The rws would be helpful I've had it on my BMW 650 gran coupe if i wasent mistaken. Loyal bmw fan till i drove the Panamera 4s and fell in love with the drive. Hopefully I'll be able to adapt to the size without rws and auto parking.
Thanks for the input i can't wait to get the car.

EDIT: i also got a great deal almost 12k$ discount from the dealer.
Yes you'll be back to say that RWS is not needed at all!

Congrats again, and prepare for the longest 3 months of your life LOL.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:08 AM
TAG ceo
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought I got a good deal on my build to spec Sport Turismo turbo (about $13,000 off) except now it's worth $80,000 less than I paid for it about a year ago. Unless you have to have heads up display (which I believe is the only new option) I would look for a 2018 turbo somewhere that has most if not all the options you want. It's more car and you could probably buy it for far less than what you are going to pay for the GTS. If you're not getting all the track goodies anyway they are basically the same car
Old 04-03-2019, 11:46 AM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by F K
Not in the least bit, my car deosn't have it and I'm am seriously impressed with how it handles, it doesn't feel like a big car until you really start yo push it, then it lets you know that you are in a big car.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:34 PM
Panaseeya
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by DogWood
Not in the least bit, my car deosn't have it and I'm am seriously impressed with how it handles, it doesn't feel like a big car until you really start yo push it, then it lets you know that you are in a big car.
I don't know if it's just the PDCC, but I have PDCC and the more I push it the more it feels like a smaller car.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:39 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Panaseeya
I don't know if it's just the PDCC, but I have PDCC and the more I push it the more it feels like a smaller car.
I had the exact same thought with my Turbo S (includes PDCC/PTV) as well. The harder I push the smaller it feels.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:24 PM
F K
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TAG ceo
I thought I got a good deal on my build to spec Sport Turismo turbo (about $13,000 off) except now it's worth $80,000 less than I paid for it about a year ago. Unless you have to have heads up display (which I believe is the only new option) I would look for a 2018 turbo somewhere that has most if not all the options you want. It's more car and you could probably buy it for far less than what you are going to pay for the GTS. If you're not getting all the track goodies anyway they are basically the same car
Actually headup display is a must for me i got so. Used to the technology of bmw that in 2015 i was going to order a cayanne but the lack of headup display made me order an x6m instead.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:30 PM
F K
Intermediate

Yes you'll be back to say that RWS is not needed at all!

Congrats again, and prepare for the longest 3 months of your life LOL.
Yup the salesperson told me it might even be 4 months its gonna be a loong wait but im sure when it will be worth it! My first Porsche i just have some questions? Hows the reliability and service fees? In my BMW i got 5 years free service and warranty it got a bunch of problems but i havent paid anything because it was always covered. Porsche only give 2 years warranty. How often do they have to go. For service?
Old 04-03-2019, 02:35 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by small car lover
I had the exact same thought with my Turbo S (includes PDCC/PTV) as well. The harder I push the smaller it feels.
Ha, was thinking that exactly today. Body lean non existent as well.

I would second suggestion about turbo. The GTS is really detuned. Some will say Turbo is detuned as same engine makes another 100 hp in Lambo Urus.

question. How much less was GTS build vs Turbo?
Old 04-03-2019, 02:36 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by F K
Yup the salesperson told me it might even be 4 months its gonna be a loong wait but im sure when it will be worth it! My first Porsche i just have some questions? Hows the reliability and service fees? In my BMW i got 5 years free service and warranty it got a bunch of problems but i havent paid anything because it was always covered. Porsche only give 2 years warranty. How often do they have to go. For service?
Here in the US the warranty is 4 years/50,000 miles, but maintenance and repairs are pricey. Many people use local mechanics for any out of warranty issues that arise because they're often 1/2-2/3 the price of a dealer. Extending the warranty is also expenses, but depending on ones luck may be "priceless." I won't decide whether to extend mine until I'm near the end of 4/50.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:49 PM
F K
Intermediate

Here in the US the warranty is 4 years/50,000 miles, but maintenance and repairs are pricey. Many people use local mechanics for any out of warranty issues that arise because they're often 1/2-2/3 the price of a dealer. Extending the warranty is also expenses, but depending on ones luck may be "priceless." I won't decide whether to extend mine until I'm near the end of 4/50.
From experience I'll always extend my warranty my 2010 x6 had a an issue in the turbos 3 weeks after the warranty finished in 2014. It was undriveable and the fixing qoute i got was around 27k$
Bought the car 120k$ sold it for 20k 😢

Last edited by F K; 04-03-2019 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Quick Reply: Just placed a down-payment on a 2019GTS!