Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

First post, 2018 Panamera Night Blue

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 12:54 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I have mine mounted to the right of the rear view mirror and it works perfectly. I can't see it from the driver's position so no distraction. Depending on how many people you have it set for (my last trip across the Benecia Bridge I had three people in the car) it beeped three times as I drove through. My report shows the serial number of the FasTrak device.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:55 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

I had a similar color in my last car (Lexus LS). Be careful with people wearing Levi's; the blue color from the Levis will stain the leather and it can be difficult to remove.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:30 PM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 169 Posts

im assuming ur car was tinted by dealer? any scratches in tint? did they use felt?
thanks and nice car
Old 04-16-2019, 02:20 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
I have mine mounted to the right of the rear view mirror and it works perfectly. I can't see it from the driver's position so no distraction. Depending on how many people you have it set for (my last trip across the Benecia Bridge I had three people in the car) it beeped three times as I drove through. My report shows the serial number of the FasTrak device.
Interesting. Our system doesn't make sounds, nor do we have to set it by # of people. If not too too much trouble, would you mind snapping a pic of the location and posting it? And, does your vehicle have the insulated glass?
Old 04-18-2019, 05:56 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Removing attachment.

Last edited by SaratogaLefty; 04-18-2019 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Remove Photo
Old 04-18-2019, 06:06 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Here is the photo showing the location of my Fastrak reader. It is just to the right (passenger side) of the rear view mirror housing. It is the newest version that includes the ability to indicate how many people are in the car. There are some toll lanes that are specifically for Fastrak users and if you have two or more people in the car the toll is waived.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:49 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty

Here is the photo showing the location of my Fastrak reader. It is just to the right (passenger side) of the rear view mirror housing. It is the newest version that includes the ability to indicate how many people are in the car. There are some toll lanes that are specifically for Fastrak users and if you have two or more people in the car the toll is waived.
Thanks for that and wow interesting. The EZPass system hasn’t (yet?) adopted that functionality. I wonder if it’s coming.

Thanks for the location. I’ll check mine in comparison.

Quick Reply: First post, 2018 Panamera Night Blue