Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera Sport Turismo USA Production Ending?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 06:31 PM
vanwinkl
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My local dealer has a 2018 Sport Turismo in the loaner fleet. I loved it; wife preferred her Cayenne. At a sticker of $117k, it certainly isn't a typical Macan base model loaner.

Seth
'09 C2S
'16 Cayenne
Old 04-02-2019, 11:02 AM
SUPWAGON
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I was told by a large dealer in SE Florida that ST will be special order only for 2019, similar to the large executive Panamera. This was a factor in my pulling the plug on one back in January. I picked up a heavy option Turbo ST that was a launch vehicle. MY price was 11.5% off the build sheet cost. Not sure why but the build sheet cost is different than the MSRP on the sticker? Plus I got a fair price on my Cayenne trade in. The dealers in SE Florida still have some ST but selection is limited, I do not believe any Turbos are still around but if you want an Turbo S, I think Braman still has two, You better like the bright blue since they are both the bright blue color.

While wagons are not popular, they offer the best of all world in one vehicle. The PT ST can carry luggage, family and drive like a super car. How many SUV can do 0 to 60 in 3 secs? And hold its passengers in comfort while providing a great driving experience. I plan on keeping this car for a long time maybe 8 to 10 yrs and it is probable my last ICE vehicle. I think that over the next 10 years or so the technology for electric will evolve and all of our ICE vehicles will be scrap. The car is expensive but its a wonderful experience and may represent the pinnacle in the current technology.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:33 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 47 Posts

Yeah, some more dealer bull$hit. Many of the Panamera models, including the ST, are allocation models. Every single one was special order but because it was a new model (the ST specifically) the dealers were given a lot of allocations and encouraged to stock up on dealer builds. That is why there are so many for sale right now, the demand wasn’t there.

For any Porsche model, I wouldn’t constrain my search to a geographic area. I always look at the inventory available across the entire country and then negotiate shipping costs as a discount when I find the one I want. In SE there may be a few units available but there are over 90 turbo ST cars available nationally. The Turbo S variant is only available in hybrid form and there is a shocking number of those $200k cars available. West Broward has more than a few on the lot. Another factor that is impossible to quantify is that serial Porsche buyers know that the Taycan is coming and it will be offered in a crossover style. I contemplated waiting a year for that but decided to pull the trigger on the Panamera ST now (I have the turbo s hybrid... and yes, 16% discount).

Originally Posted by SUPWAGON
I was told by a large dealer in SE Florida that ST will be special order only for 2019, similar to the large executive Panamera. This was a factor in my pulling the plug on one back in January. I picked up a heavy option Turbo ST that was a launch vehicle. MY price was 11.5% off the build sheet cost. Not sure why but the build sheet cost is different than the MSRP on the sticker? Plus I got a fair price on my Cayenne trade in. The dealers in SE Florida still have some ST but selection is limited, I do not believe any Turbos are still around but if you want an Turbo S, I think Braman still has two, You better like the bright blue since they are both the bright blue color.

While wagons are not popular, they offer the best of all world in one vehicle. The PT ST can carry luggage, family and drive like a super car. How many SUV can do 0 to 60 in 3 secs? And hold its passengers in comfort while providing a great driving experience. I plan on keeping this car for a long time maybe 8 to 10 yrs and it is probable my last ICE vehicle. I think that over the next 10 years or so the technology for electric will evolve and all of our ICE vehicles will be scrap. The car is expensive but its a wonderful experience and may represent the pinnacle in the current technology.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:34 PM
cmd1406
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently in the search for an 2018 ST Turbo. Does anyone know of/have experience with any dealerships that are being more reasonable/aggressive with the pricing on the 2018s? I have reached out to a few locally with limited success.

Thanks.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:51 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by cmd1406
I am currently in the search for an 2018 ST Turbo. Does anyone know of/have experience with any dealerships that are being more reasonable/aggressive with the pricing on the 2018s? I have reached out to a few locally with limited success.

Thanks.
Tried to send you a PM but it didn't work for some reason. Maybe you're too new

Anyway, try Ace at Porsche North Houston. He was INCREDIBLY helpful to me....
Old 04-03-2019, 04:05 PM
CanuckGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by pokingaround
Tried to send you a PM but it didn't work for some reason. Maybe you're too new
Anyway, try Ace at Porsche North Houston. He was INCREDIBLY helpful to me....
Ace, sounds like Shooter's cousin.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:10 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CanuckGT4
Ace, sounds like Shooter's cousin.
LOL perfect! Name is actually Ehsun, which I guess in Texan translates to Ace
Old 04-03-2019, 05:49 PM
Panaseeya
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I wonder if Porsche got suckered by all the people who drooled over pictures of the Sport Turismo for years. It seemed like everyone wanted one. Until they came out.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:14 PM
CanuckGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Panaseeya
I wonder if Porsche got suckered by all the people who drooled over pictures of the Sport Turismo for years. It seemed like everyone wanted one. Until they came out.
Perhaps. There are a lot of people out there who want to buy this and that but when the time comes they vanish like a fart in the wind although i'm very glad they did, otherwise we may never have seen this vehicle in the flesh.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:31 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Panaseeya
Wagons, like manual transmissions, and especially wagons with manual transmissions, are the "car guys' cars" to lust after, pine for, drool over, shout "BRING IT TO THE USA AND I AM FIRST IN LINE" over, and then not buy.

En masse, America has traded handling and fuel economy for the higher driving/seating position of SUVs and crossovers.

Volvo continues to have a hell of a time selling V90 and V90CC wagons, but the XC90 sells like hot cakes. Buick's recent wagon was a market disaster. Subaru's Outback is as tall as most crossovers. Mercedes sells only 235 AMG E63S wagons world wide. Per year. WORLD WIDE. PER YEAR.

Obviously the reasons for all this are varied. But, no matter what Americans say, we don't actually buy wagons any more.

As far as the Panamera, beyond the crazy cakes price, I think that the ST got somewhat hurt by the relatively small increase in cubic storage in the rear as compared to the regular Panamera. Every single review harped on this, or at least pointed it out. I think it's something like only 3 more cubic feet. What's a shame is that in practice - in combination with the door that goes all the way to the load floor - these few additional cubic feet make the rear storage *much* more practical than that in the regular Panamera.

As I said, I freaking love mine. The perfect blend of luxury, sport, and utility.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:34 AM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 144 Posts

^ this about sums it up perfectly. However I did think the 235 number was in America. Either way that's still quite low. After seeing all of these mentions of steep discounts part of me wants to search for a Turbo ST rather than order a GTS.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:45 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by richardbf
^ this about sums it up perfectly. However I did think the 235 number was in America. Either way that's still quite low. After seeing all of these mentions of steep discounts part of me wants to search for a Turbo ST rather than order a GTS.
Yeah I think of the 235, 100 came to the US. But like you said, either way: crazy low.

I've noticed that I've started to see more 971s on the road but have yet to see a single other ST. If rarity is a thing you appreciate, you can hardly do better than an ST for better or worse!
Old 04-05-2019, 12:09 PM
SUPWAGON
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

the Porsche West Broward dealership in FL has some Turbo ST in stock, This is own by Penske and they appear to be dropping price you may want to check them out
Old 04-05-2019, 04:45 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SUPWAGON
the Porsche West Broward dealership in FL has some Turbo ST in stock, This is own by Penske and they appear to be dropping price you may want to check them out
yeah, they have a 2018 GT silver turbo ST WP0CF2A77JL195811 that looks interesting.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:59 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Well, I owned a 2015 Panamera 4 before I special-ordered my 2018 Pan4 E-Hybrid Sport Turismo. I love my ST -- best looking Porsche in its entire line-up (2 doors or 4 doors) in my opinion.
If not for the ST, I'd have kept my 2015 Pan4 sedan, and not bought another Panamera probably, although the E-Hybrid was a huge draw to me, also.
I test-drove a couple Panamera Turbos before I ordered my E-Hybrid, and boy am I glad I got the E-Hybrid! The Turbo just didn't come close to the fun that the E-Hybrid gives me, and the power and torque isn't that much difference between the 4 E-Hybrid and the Turbo non-hybrid. And I paid under $115k for my car new, with all the options I wanted (and the E-Hybrid comes with a slew of higher-level standard stuff including air suspension and the Sport Chrono system with steering-wheel drive-mode dial), before trade-in and before nearly $8k in government rebates for a PHEV.

Quick Reply: Panamera Sport Turismo USA Production Ending?