Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Who has the highest mileage on a Panamera?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2024, 10:38 PM
roll_the_dice
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by chassis
Look closely for oil leaks all around the engine. Front timing cover, rear main seal, cam covers, oil pan.

Note the transmission shifting performance carefully, especially under light throttle both upshifting and downshifting. Abrupt or clunky light or closed throttle decelerating downshifts are a red flag. For example when approaching an intersection or stop, as the transmission naturally downshifts through the gears, note each gear change.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I will look for oil leaks and test the transmission when I take it for a drive.
Old 03-24-2024, 10:44 PM
Allybear4343
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chassis
Understood. And carefully noticing light or closed throttle downshifts while decelerating is a tried and true transmission diagnosis method for all types of gearboxes.

Paying close attention to an old, high mileage and expensive to repair transmission is a way to protect one's wallet.

Agreed however it's like driving a Ferrari. I also wouldn't say 84,000 is high thats around 8,400 miles per year. I have close to a 130k on mine now...
Old 03-24-2024, 10:53 PM
roll_the_dice
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Allybear4343
Agreed however it's like driving a Ferrari. I also wouldn't say 84,000 is high thats around 8,400 miles per year. I have close to a 130k on mine now...
That's why I always like manuals. I feel I can tell what is going on with the car better than an auto. Good to know you have 130k on yours. What year? Anything major you've had to do to it?

Quick Reply: Who has the highest mileage on a Panamera?