Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Build Code - Launch Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 08:38 AM
SUPWAGON
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Build Code - Launch Vehicle

I recently purchased a Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo. The build sheet has a line item called Launch Vehicle with a code. The car is very nicely optioned with both cosmetic and performance options, I purchased the car new with 200 miles on it. Does anyone know if there are any benefits or down side to a launch vehicle?

Old 03-04-2019, 10:22 AM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 130 Posts

mine has the same code - I'm under the impression these were highly optioned cars that the dealer couldn't sell for a period of time - they were showroom vehicles intended to draw interest in the model.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:29 PM
SUPWAGON
Advanced

Thanks for the reply, The options are nice, the dealer took 10% off the price and gave me fair value for my trade in. Hope I did not leave anything on the table?
Old 03-04-2019, 09:51 PM
vkb123
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

I also purchased a launch vehicle. I called PCNA soon after my purchase to find out what this meant...exactly as previously stated. First vehicles of a new model, highly optioned, typically showroom vehicles with options/perks to show prospective buyers the available choices. You picked a great vehicle and I’m sure it won’t disappoint! Congrats!
Old 03-05-2019, 10:56 AM
SUPWAGON
Advanced

Thank you for the information, I plan to keep the car for a long time. This car is a keeper, its fast, handles great, can haul two retrievers in the rear with a paddle board on top, is comfortable and looks great. What more can you ask for?
Old 03-05-2019, 11:06 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by SUPWAGON
Thank you for the information, I plan to keep the car for a long time. This car is a keeper, its fast, handles great, can haul two retrievers in the rear with a paddle board on top, is comfortable and looks great. What more can you ask for?
Agreed.

Interesting thread. I don't seem to have a Launch Vehicle designation on my build sheet, but my car fits the bill otherwise - a very early delivery, very heavily optioned. I'm a happy clam though wish it were a little warmer out...
Old 03-05-2019, 12:43 PM
vkb123
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

SUPWAGON, just noticed your parking job on the pic you posted. Looks like an end spot, pulled as far to the curb as possible to give clearance to any yahoo that parks next to you so you don't get a door ding! Love it! I park the same way...drives my wife nuts as we are always walking from the furthest spot in the parking lot!
Old 03-05-2019, 01:43 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vkb123
SUPWAGON, just noticed your parking job on the pic you posted. Looks like an end spot, pulled as far to the curb as possible to give clearance to any yahoo that parks next to you so you don't get a door ding! Love it! I park the same way...drives my wife nuts as we are always walking from the furthest spot in the parking lot!
Heh. Historically I haven't done this but with my PTT ST I plan to. Haven't told the wife yet. I'm sure she'll make me drop her off and pick her up rather than walk to/from the car LOL. Funny too - I saw a brand new CTT in a mall parking lot a few weeks back, parked all by its lonesome about a country mile from the door to the mall. Maybe there should be a parking lot section just for people who care a LOT about their cars.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:51 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

the irritating part is you be way out in a nearly empty parking lot and some yahoo will have to park right next to you ! cheese me off to no end
Old 03-05-2019, 08:22 PM
pmichaelis
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought my wife a BMW coupe years ago, went to a horse race and parked "far away" . When the races were over went to get the car and it was gone! ....stolen. Now the story gets interesting. It was apparently stolen for a drug run down South. The car was found several days later by the police in a nearby city and they notified us with the following warning. Don't let it get to the impound yard, it will be stripped . I called the dealership to retrieve it ASAP and provided them with a copy of the impound release. They raced to the yard and caught the car as it was being towed in and blocked it's entrance. The yard boss blew a gasket at the tow operator but relented when he offered to call the cops. When my dealer checked the car over they found the drivers seat all the way to the rear, the floor littered with peanut shells and 1250 miles on the odometer more than was on when left at the races. The police brought a drug sniffing dog to the dealership and it went nuts over the trunk. With this in mind, I traded the car in because I reasoned that if my wife were pulled over and checked, I'd have to bail her out of the slammer !
Old 03-06-2019, 10:04 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pmichaelis
Bought my wife a BMW coupe years ago, went to a horse race and parked "far away" . When the races were over went to get the car and it was gone! ....stolen. Now the story gets interesting. It was apparently stolen for a drug run down South. The car was found several days later by the police in a nearby city and they notified us with the following warning. Don't let it get to the impound yard, it will be stripped . I called the dealership to retrieve it ASAP and provided them with a copy of the impound release. They raced to the yard and caught the car as it was being towed in and blocked it's entrance. The yard boss blew a gasket at the tow operator but relented when he offered to call the cops. When my dealer checked the car over they found the drivers seat all the way to the rear, the floor littered with peanut shells and 1250 miles on the odometer more than was on when left at the races. The police brought a drug sniffing dog to the dealership and it went nuts over the trunk. With this in mind, I traded the car in because I reasoned that if my wife were pulled over and checked, I'd have to bail her out of the slammer !
That is insane.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:47 AM
dudecs
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DogWood
the irritating part is you be way out in a nearly empty parking lot and some yahoo will have to park right next to you ! cheese me off to no end
Agree! A person on my team at work commented how they (husband & wife) take pleasure with irritating people by doing just that. They are car people, but must suffer from car envy? One of my least favorite and most irritating co-workers on the team.

Quick Reply: Build Code - Launch Vehicle