Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Questions and observations

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 12:36 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Questions and observations

I notice there is a SIM card slot in my glove box, by the CD player, but no SIM card is installed. I know my car has 4G connectivity though. Is there another SIM card somewhere, or perhaps it doesn’t use a SIM card?

I notice when I start my car in the AM it takes about a minute or so for all the PCM display functions to load. I guess that’s normal?

I measured the internet speed in my car using the hotspot and then my cell phone. Interesting but I guess I’m not too surprised.

Here is my make shift spare tire setup. I put it in the boot when I travel to my second home. Having had a shredded tire in a remote area, that was a nightmare. I actually have a little room left over if I travel light lol
Old 01-19-2019, 10:22 AM
HankB
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

On the MY18 there is built in/hardwired SIM functionality within the PCM and associated hardware. The slot in the glovebox allows for the use of a SIM card if there is a compatibility issue between the built in and owner’s service. In my case since I had already gone through all the bs with ATT for my Macan, I just popped the SIM out of the Macan and popped it into the new P4 glovebox and went on my way. The glovebox slot has priority over the built in function.

You might also also have noticed the SD slots. You can use up to 128 G SD cards for your music and not have to depend on only what is on your phone.

I cant comment on your test results since you didn’t tell us what the test is, or which result goes with which device. Mine also goes through the same warm up process.

Quick Reply: Questions and observations