2011 Porsche Panamera spoiler error

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 01:49 AM
Mferg
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Porsche Panamera spoiler error

Hello everyone..
I have an issue with my 2011 Porsche Panamera 4S. The spoiler works fine, it moves up and down while pushing the button inside the cab. When the car reaches about 95km/h the spoiler error warning light goes off on the guage cluster whether the spoiler is up or down. I can even lower or raise the spoiler after this at above 100km/h but the warning light continues to beep. Sometimes it will constantly beep and sometimes the warning Sat's on the dash but no noise. I've taken off the rear plastic spoiler, tried the mechanism and it moves up and down fine(it's a little louder on the way down).

Is there a sensor that tells the ecu the height of the spoiler and hence causing the issue or is the mechanism failing slowly?
Old 02-15-2019, 07:51 AM
NJS_04_996
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any resolution to your problem?

I am now getting "Spoiler Failure" alerts on my '12 Panny, despite that it appears to be all the way up. The spoiler raises at 60 mph as it should at what appears to be the proper rate. Now I did have one instance last week where I did hear the crackle of ice as it deployed so that must have been the incident that , pardon the pun - spoiled it.
Yesterday I tested prior to getting on the highway to manually raise it to see if that had any effect on the error, and I still get it- which is annoying as every time you cross 60 mph it bongs loudly, and moreover, the error is not "clearable" by using the backwards button, so the mutlifunction display is no longer available. I found one other post where the motor had actually failed, but this doesn't seem to be the case for us.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:53 PM
Mferg
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NJS_04_996
Any resolution to your problem?

I am now getting "Spoiler Failure" alerts on my '12 Panny, despite that it appears to be all the way up. The spoiler raises at 60 mph as it should at what appears to be the proper rate. Now I did have one instance last week where I did hear the crackle of ice as it deployed so that must have been the incident that , pardon the pun - spoiled it.
Yesterday I tested prior to getting on the highway to manually raise it to see if that had any effect on the error, and I still get it- which is annoying as every time you cross 60 mph it bongs loudly, and moreover, the error is not "clearable" by using the backwards button, so the mutlifunction display is no longer available. I found one other post where the motor had actually failed, but this doesn't seem to be the case for us.

I actually traded my Panamera in on a 991.1 last month so the issue went away for me. Haha. I never did find out the reason why the error would come on but I’m friends with the guys in the back so I’ll ask the technician at my dealership if they fixed it before they sold it to the new owner.

Quick Reply: 2011 Porsche Panamera spoiler error