Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

2018 Turbo vs 2019 GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 03:17 PM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

no uglier than 1st gen pana and I think its actually aging better than old pana too.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:27 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by blk on blk
true, but damn if that isn't just a horrid looking vehicle from the b pillar back.
Shooting brakes are an acquired taste. I think most of us that have a Sport Turismo appreciate the FF's lines.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:09 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 95spiderman
at risk of going off topic, a used ferrari ff is now same price as new panamera. while lacking 4 doors, they both still only seat 4 and ferrari has insane na v12 which could be last chance to drive one. can get extended warranty and routine maintenance covered too.
Or an F12 which is a damn fine looking car. Problem is you’ll get destroyed putting on any mileage. . Makes Panamera depreciation look minor.

I can say I considered an F12, but really can’t drive it under the radar an thus is a third car.

Last edited by Outlaw; 12-13-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:03 PM
hammyton
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a 2014 Turbo now and test drove the GTS before making the purchase. I actually found the GTS a better drivers car; you can actually floor an red-line it to its limits driving around whereas in the Turbo there's so much torque you can't even floor it that long before you are at "going-to-jail" speeds. What ultimately made me pick the Turbo was that they were better equipped since most of them are fully loaded with comfort/safety options and also there was much bigger discounts and selection to be had on the Turbo.

Either way there really is no bad choice, they are both amazing vehicles and I doubt any of us consistently use all of the power/performance that these cars have.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:37 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,482 Likes on 952 Posts

Originally Posted by hammyton
I have a 2014 Turbo now and test drove the GTS before making the purchase. I actually found the GTS a better drivers car; you can actually floor an red-line it to its limits driving around whereas in the Turbo there's so much torque you can't even floor it that long before you are at "going-to-jail" speeds. What ultimately made me pick the Turbo was that they were better equipped since most of them are fully loaded with comfort/safety options and also there was much bigger discounts and selection to be had on the Turbo.

Either way there really is no bad choice, they are both amazing vehicles and I doubt any of us consistently use all of the power/performance that these cars have.
Amen to that - If you compared the steering feel between a GTS with PDCC with a Turbo that didn't have PDCC, the difference in handling is significant. The GTS is lowered and it's such a better feel in the handling dept.
For folks that don't wan to get hammered on a loaded up Turbo depreciation, a GTS with that 457 lb-ft may be just right.
Old 12-15-2018, 03:18 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Can anyone comment on sports exhaust on either car changing with mileage?
Old 12-22-2018, 01:37 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Originally Posted by Jmclerici
Funny. Looked hard at that one but bought the Chalk. Steve Dooley was great all around.
saw you car at Brookhaven today. Stunning.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:17 PM
Jmclerici
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Outlaw
saw you car at Brookhaven today. Stunning.
It actually wasn’t me! I’m in the DC suburbs (car was delivered here as part of the deal). Some other lucky fellow in a great car - but thanks nonetheless!

Quick Reply: 2018 Turbo vs 2019 GTS?