Panamera 2010-Current

Anyone trade a Panamera S e-hybrid for Audi RS3

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 09:09 PM
GT3Fed
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone trade a Panamera S e-hybrid for Audi RS3

Thinking of trading my '14 Panamera S e-hybrid for a 2018 Audi RS3. Has anyone gone in this direction?
Old 09-13-2018, 09:45 PM
amelen
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3Fed
Thinking of trading my '14 Panamera S e-hybrid for a 2018 Audi RS3. Has anyone gone in this direction?
I just traded in my 2016 S6 for a Panamera 4S. During that process I test drove both the RS3 and RS5. To give some insight - the RS3 felt very fast, but very unrefined. The lack of features ultimately canceled it out for me. Most importantly, the seats aren't automatic and have no memory and there is no garage door opener. The RS5 was closer - and if the RS5 hatchback was available I would have considered more seriously. Still, I took an RS5 coupe out for a test drive. It's mostly the same engine as the Panny 4S, and the car is lighter. However, it didn't feel as sporty as the 4S. The MSRP on the one I test drove was $90k (I paid $100k for an almost-new fully-loaded 4S). Ultimately I went with the 4S, but between the RS3 and RS5, I would definitely go with the RS5. The RS3 is definitely fast and is a fun, raw, driving experience. However, as a DD, it was missing a lot of the usual features that you'd find even in cars like a Civic or the Mazda 3.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:29 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

The RS3 is not a joke performance wise but for $70,000 the fit and finish certainly it. It looks like a VW GTI, and is probably less quiet and less refined.

I think the RS3 looks good and the engine is great sounding. I just wonder if you’re into a car like the Panamera, that after the Audi newness wore off, you’d feel beat up daily driving a base model feeling car with stuff suspension and load road noise. But that’s just me.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:08 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 634 Posts

i just don't see these as similar market cars. i'd have a hard to moving from my Pan into a compact Audi body. performance certainly seems promising, though.

Quick Reply: Anyone trade a Panamera S e-hybrid for Audi RS3