Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Best extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 07:28 PM
911Jeff
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

The reality is the more you need an extended warranty (older car / higher miles) the more expensive it will be.
I just bought the Fidelity Platinum Warranty (from Perry @ Walnut Creek Porsche) for my 2013 GTS....
3 year 36k miles with $250 deductable. There is a couple week overlap with my CPO warranty.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:02 AM
djstepanich
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a second quote....and in the same ballpark. Working on one more.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:55 PM
Mega Man
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best extended warranty?

Originally Posted by 911Jeff
The reality is the more you need an extended warranty (older car / higher miles) the more expensive it will be.
I just bought the Fidelity Platinum Warranty (from Perry @ Walnut Creek Porsche) for my 2013 GTS....
3 year 36k miles with $250 deductable. There is a couple week overlap with my CPO warranty.
​​​ Jeff, you didn't say how much your policy cost?
Old 01-03-2020, 02:54 PM
911Jeff
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

$4300 approximately
Old 01-03-2020, 03:54 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jeff
$4300 approximately
Jeff do you (or anyone else) know if these can be staggered? IOW, buy something like the 3 year extension you purchased, and then buy another one for another 2-3 years just before the existing extension runs out?
Old 01-03-2020, 06:55 PM
sjones302
8th Gear

Originally Posted by pokingaround
Jeff do you (or anyone else) know if these can be staggered? IOW, buy something like the 3 year extension you purchased, and then buy another one for another 2-3 years just before the existing extension runs out?
I just purchased a 3 year / 36k mile extended warranty on a non-cpo car and the dealership told me that I can come back right before this one ends and purchase another one from them if I want to. This warranty company only works through dealerships though, so I can't contact the warranty company directly to purchase or extend.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:27 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by sjones302
I just purchased a 3 year / 36k mile extended warranty on a non-cpo car and the dealership told me that I can come back right before this one ends and purchase another one from them if I want to. This warranty company only works through dealerships though, so I can't contact the warranty company directly to purchase or extend.
Interesting thanks. Before selling you the warranty I assume they did some type of inspection, especially since it was non-CPO? Also, is it an inclusionary or exclusionary warranty if you don't mind me asking?

My current plan is to extend by 3 years right before my 4/50 factory warranty is up, and then make decisions on further out years as I reach them. I've never kept a car beyond 7 years, but to be honest between the amount paid and how much I LOVE my PTT ST I kind of want to keep it for 10 years. That's my current goal anyway. It's also in part because it's tough to imagine getting into a different car. There's really not another vehicle extant that would suit me better. Maybe a future Panamera model
Old 01-06-2020, 04:24 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Fidelity Platinum is exclusionary. I didn't have to get an inspection when I bought one for my 911 last year, but I service my car at the dealership I bought the warranty from. If you go on Fidelity's website it lists what's excluded.
The following users liked this post:
pokingaround (01-06-2020)
Old 01-06-2020, 11:26 PM
sjones302
8th Gear

Originally Posted by pokingaround
Interesting thanks. Before selling you the warranty I assume they did some type of inspection, especially since it was non-CPO? Also, is it an inclusionary or exclusionary warranty if you don't mind me asking?

My current plan is to extend by 3 years right before my 4/50 factory warranty is up, and then make decisions on further out years as I reach them. I've never kept a car beyond 7 years, but to be honest between the amount paid and how much I LOVE my PTT ST I kind of want to keep it for 10 years. That's my current goal anyway. It's also in part because it's tough to imagine getting into a different car. There's really not another vehicle extant that would suit me better. Maybe a future Panamera model
mine is exclusionary. They list a few things that arent covered and cover everything else. The dealer I purchased the warranty is the same dealer I purchased the car from.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:50 AM
Mega Man
Intermediate

Default Shopping for an aftermarket warranty

Originally Posted by armanslr
Let us know on pricing, when I purchased my 15 GTS CPO 27K Miles 7 Year Warranty was 7K, I passed and will look into a warranty prior to CPO expiring like you.

I actually work at an independent dealership and we offer customers GWC Warranty, I just priced out my car and can get a 60 Month, 75K Exclusionary Warranty with the Luxury and No Worries Just Drive Package for $3700. Could you upload the Fidelity coverage and price quote when you get it so we can compare?
That that sounds awesome, do you recommend them, GWC? Do they pay out claims well? So difficult choosing a company as reviews and info are so mixed... except for Fidelity and maybe one or two of the top companies. looking for something as affordable as possible and exclusionary coverage.
Todd
Annapolis MD
Old 01-08-2020, 09:11 AM
Mega Man
Intermediate

Default Best extended warranty?

Originally Posted by Paul Rathjen

Thats literally 2x what I paid - I have Ally. I was actually told Fidelity wouldn’t cover my car since factory warranty was already up. At any rate get second or third quotes, that’s way high.
How how has your experience with Ally been? Have you had to file a claim yet? I'm searching for an affordable exclusionary policy...
​​​​​
Todd
Annapolis MD
Old 01-14-2020, 03:41 PM
Paul Rathjen
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Mega Man
How how has your experience with Ally been? Have you had to file a claim yet? I'm searching for an affordable exclusionary policy...
​​​​​
Todd
Annapolis MD
I have not had to use it yet - 18 months of ownership. I do need my heated steering wheel and front suspension bushings replace so I'll report back If I think about it!
Old 04-26-2020, 04:22 PM
mlrtime3
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Bumping this thread, anyone had to use one of these 3rd party warranties?
Old 05-09-2021, 08:26 PM
Baxter1949
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Extended Warranty

Originally Posted by Paul Rathjen
Fidelity
Ally
GMPP Major Guard
I have a 2018 Targa GTS just turned 3000 miles. my factory warranty expires in the fall. don't use the car a lot but want to keep in under some type of factory warranty, Any suggestion. Thank you
The following users liked this post:
Carlofava (05-19-2023)
Old 05-09-2021, 09:18 PM
small car lover
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Baxter1949
I have a 2018 Targa GTS just turned 3000 miles. my factory warranty expires in the fall. don't use the car a lot but want to keep in under some type of factory warranty, Any suggestion. Thank you
Porsche offers a extended warranty up to 10 years, 100k miles. It's extremely comprehensive but can be expensive depending on which Porsche dealer you purchase from so it pays to shop around.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessor...ctionplan/vsp/

Quick Reply: Best extended warranty?