Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera Air Suspension System Info

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 04:57 PM
Saif L Khair
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Panamera2014
Well my opinion rest on this, have you ever replaced any of your air struts? If you haven't with the year of your penny, its probably one of your front or rear shocks.
Hey, thanks for the reply, I have replaced all my shocks except my Rear right. Note that I have checked the rear right suspension for leaks as I suspected it to be causing the problem but no leak was noticed. However I have noticed the strut is having a bit of oil leak. Could that be the problem?
Old 01-12-2021, 06:10 AM
Panamera2014
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Panamera air suspension

Originally Posted by Saif L Khair
Hey, thanks for the reply, I have replaced all my shocks except my Rear right. Note that I have checked the rear right suspension for leaks as I suspected it to be causing the problem but no leak was noticed. However I have noticed the strut is having a bit of oil leak. Could that be the problem?
That could be the issue, I've learned with these cars everything has to be 100.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:21 PM
sunnyc123abc
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

The compressor running for 2 minutes seems long. My runs for less then 10 seconds.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:14 AM
Saif L Khair
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Possibly need to fill the air accumulator with dry nitrogen?

Originally Posted by sunnyc123abc
The compressor running for 2 minutes seems long. My runs for less then 10 seconds.

could it be that i woukd need to fill the air accumulator with dry nitrogen? As I have purged the system during the process of replacing the compressor unit.
The following users liked this post:
rrrrachel (09-30-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 09:48 AM
Nab2k3
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UnFinished987970
Ive never heard of them. I went aftermarket full air ride on my panny.
but, I do have all my stock air struts , that are in perfect working order. If you want to purchase them, let me know!
Good Luck!
do you still have the struts
Old 04-05-2021, 12:42 AM
Shant Ohannessian
Racer

On my 970.2, the battery completely died. I thought I had it on the battery tender but somehow it was disconnected for quite some time. Anyway long story short, due to the low voltage, I now have a PASM fault. The rear of the car is raised and the front is at the lowest position. I don't hear the air pump kicking on and get a PASM fault on the dash. I'm assuming it needs a calibration since nothing was wrong before I noticed the battery was dead. I've since changed the battery and thought it would reset itself after driving for 20 miles but no dice.
Any suggestions before I take it in the dealer? I'm assuming I need a PIWIS to do calibration. Just so frustrating how complicated cars can be so finicky.
Old 04-05-2021, 01:20 AM
sp3000
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

Have you turned the suspension off and on again? Hold down the raise button, like before the car goes on a lift.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:44 AM
Shant Ohannessian
Racer

Originally Posted by sp3000
Have you turned the suspension off and on again? Hold down the raise button, like before the car goes on a lift.
yes, I checked that and toggled between jack mode and off. No change in height.
Old 04-06-2021, 03:10 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Check your fuses, could be the one to the pump has popped
Old 04-19-2021, 07:02 AM
PorschePal
AutoX

This is a interesting tread, with a lot of useful info, and very good system description from Ciaka - however I have the following issue with 2010 Pana 4s.

Its 3 cm (30mm) lower on the rear right side. The system seems to be working, and the cluster dosent throw any message when driving. The rise & sink function works, and when I park the car and close the trunk, the car sinks or rise, and levels out, but still with a different in heights. When entering the car in the morning I hear the compressor runs for a few second, so the system seems to have all functions in place.

When doing a scan i get the message 000317 / 318 / 316 / 319 with text "DTC-Valve for FR additional volum faulty, switching process implausible (can be ignored)". The samme message on all codes with refernce to each wheel / corner of the car.
When cheeking the heights calibration in the scanner, its shows the similar numbers on both left and right rear. I have visually checked the right rear sensor, and lubricate the linkage. No visible damages. Unless.... is it two sensors in the rear suspension? One for the headlights and one for the suspension? If so, I have probably just checked the sensor for the lights.

I`m not quite sure where to begin, since the system sees to be operating normal, and info sendt from the sensor to the ECU tells that car is leveled out - but it isn`t. Its quite obvious that the right rear sensor communicates with ECU within the limits since the cluster or the scanner tells otherwise. Is it possible that a sensor can give incorrect height data, without being bad/broken. When I activate high level, there is only 1 cm in different of the heights right vs rear. During driving the suspension works like "normal", bit still with a differnt in the heights rear.
Old 07-31-2021, 12:35 PM
robhamster
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Just for statistical purposes, my 2014 PTT had the "Chassis System Failure" last week with 53K miles. Dealer says the front struts were leaking and they need to replace them then see if the compressor is fine, if not replace that as well. Looking forward to my $10,000 bill!
Old 07-31-2021, 07:26 PM
sp3000
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

Sorry to hear robhamster. A little update on my self-level after engine off situation (car always dropped low front right). Finally Porsche did find a small leak in the strut so replaced both airbags on both sides under warranty but I had to pay to have one shock replaced (wear and tear) I thought finally this will be good news. Got home and exactly the same thing happened.... So they are taking the car back and have said now that the struts are new they can make the case with Porsche to replace the control unit and the valve block under warranty.. So on it goes. I did also buy another 4 years of warranty too...
Old 09-21-2021, 02:50 PM
rrrrachel
7th Gear

HI, I have a 2015 Panamera S e-hybrid and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this message... Extreme level Wait until ready for operation Engine must run. My car is now sitting what looks like an inch or so off of the ground. This happened seemingly out of the blue and none of the suspension related buttons inside of car are working or lighting up whatsoever. Also my car has around 54,000 miles now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as spending 10k at the dealership is not something I look forward to doing. Thanks
Old 09-28-2021, 03:07 PM
rrrrachel
7th Gear

Thank you so much for this priceless information. I think I found the problem. This airline is pinched and leaking. Hopefully this is the only problem. Can you recommend where I can find replacement air line? Thank you once again. Great help
Old 09-28-2021, 07:54 PM
rrrrachel
7th Gear

Default Fixed leaking air line but car won’t raise

Originally Posted by rrrrachel
Thank you so much for this priceless information. I think I found the problem. This airline is pinched and leaking. Hopefully this is the only problem. Can you recommend where I can find replacement air line? Thank you once again. Great help
I’ve temporarily fixed the leaking air line and put everything back together but my car is still an inch off the ground. The compressor does kick on so I don’t know why it’s not raising back up. Is there something that needs to be reset? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Quick Reply: Panamera Air Suspension System Info