Panamera 2010-Current

Displ. Sensor shift rod gears fault impulse signals 1/3 P1733

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 09:18 PM
Albarq
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pculvert
Did you ever figure it out or get it fixed? I’m having this exact problem on my 2012 panamera 4, happens randomly
i pulled up the same codes, car has a brand new battery
I just ordered used gearbox cost $6000 ... professionals here not recommending to fix any problem related to gearbox

but before taking this decision try following :
- change your gearbox oil
- check gearbox related sensors

if everything is fine, then replacing gearbox is the easiest solution sorry to say that
Old 02-06-2019, 05:58 AM
oj8888
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello,

Can you also help me about this issue: https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...1-3-p1733.html

How you fixed it? Is this happend because of low voltage (Battery Replacement required?)
Required to replace any sensors? If so, Which sensors? Name or Part number?
Required to replace any other part? Please let me know .

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thank you for your help.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:21 PM
ciaka
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 41 Posts

I would second that. Porsche is one of the most sensitive cars to over/under voltage situations. So much technology is packed into them, that bad or going battery can and does make funny things with totally unrelated systems.
Like he said, eliminate the low hanging fruit, you will be left with stuff to focus on. Put battery on a charger and charge fully. Then clear all the codes, see if any return. Then go from there.

Originally Posted by DogWood
the relevance is that damn near everything in the car is controlled by microprocessors and when the voltages get low you get weird signals that can be misinterpreted by the other processors.

Most likely his problem is else where, but you need to eliminate all the variables
Old 02-06-2019, 12:30 PM
ciaka
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 41 Posts

You are asking us to troubleshoot a car we have not seen, have no details on (other than a small blurb in post) and come up with a part or two to replace, to fix it.
Transmission is very complicated. Car is very sophisticated. You have to do the leg work to diagnose. Hope you have diagnostic solution purchased for the car. Many have durametric, there are others.
First thing is to pull codes, not from just some generic odb2 reader, but from a Porsche focused diagnostic solution. That will give you errors that, if mixed with details about car, driving habits, situation this occured, etc, can give very good info.
Unfortunately, one cannot do such marvelous pd jobs online, remotely from the car.
Some suggested a good course, buy battery charger. Charge battery. Buy diagnostic solution for Porsche Panamera. Clear all codes, drive car and pull codes again. Go from there.
I wish we could have a magic wand to give you complete solution in 5 minutes, but these cars are expensive because they cram so much hi tech stuff into them, many overlapping or related systems that share power wiring.
Start by getting the tools. Do the battery (if you have $, just buy new one). Then you will know power source is proper. Then you just eliminated power as the source of issues. Next clear codes, whatever returns is a valid code irrelevant from power source issues. Read codes, they will focus into an area. If same errors appear, these particular ones point to the internals of the PDK, valve body, wiring, etc.
Also possible the shift solenoid is acting up. So many possibilities, and you have to exclude each, starting with easiest ones.
Keep giving more info, maybe it will help in pd, but this is going to be a slow process, hope you understand and can accommodate.

Originally Posted by oj8888
Hello,

Can you also help me about this issue: https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...1-3-p1733.html

How you fixed it? Is this happend because of low voltage (Battery Replacement required?)
Required to replace any sensors? If so, Which sensors? Name or Part number?
Required to replace any other part? Please let me know .

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thank you for your help.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:34 PM
Pculvert
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It ended up being the temp sensor on mine, easy to replace, did it myself, drop pan, drop valve body and replace sensor, no more transmission fault, got the part from my local Porsche dealer for $670ish
The following users liked this post:
LIOR (08-19-2022)
Old 02-06-2019, 03:45 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

It ended up being the temp sensor on mine, easy to replace, did it myself, drop pan, drop valve body and replace sensor, no more transmission fault, got the part from my local Porsche dealer for $670ish
Wow, how did you figure that out from those error codes? seems rather random.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:42 PM
Pculvert
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From some other members on a porsche group that were experiencing the same symptoms, they had already tried replacing the valve body to o luck, they all replaced this sensor and it took care of the problem
Old 02-06-2019, 04:52 PM
DogWood
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks, would never had thought that the temp sensor would throw those errors - glad to see someone was able to figure it out (even if it was the hard way)
Old 02-07-2019, 02:53 AM
oj8888
AutoX

Can you let me know exact part name or part number?
Old 02-08-2019, 03:55 PM
oj8888
AutoX

I found solution for this case,

Porsche Panamera Uses ZF Transmission, for P1731 , P1732 , P1733 , P1734 fault codes not required to replace gearbox (PDK) or transmission control unit, Just simply replace following part:

- Sensor Pack (Position Sensor with Speed and Temperature Sensors)
- Part#: 97031708500 or 97031708530 (Make sure for compatibility with your VIN) , Estimated Price is 500 USD.

But before any replacement, make sure your battery life is good, because Porsche is one of the most sensitive cars to over/under voltage situations. So much technology is packed into them, that bad or going battery can and does make funny things with totally unrelated systems.
Everything in the car is controlled by microprocessors and when the voltages get low you get weird signals that can be misinterpreted by the other processors.
If not worked, then try to replace with above sensor pack.

Sensors images and location in PDK :

https://maktrans.net/image/data/Phot...pdk-base-2.png
https://maktrans.net/image/cache/dat...08-573x429.jpg
Old 03-15-2019, 11:47 AM
Aykurt Koycu
1st Gear

Originally Posted by simkan sevet
P1733 3-4 Vites Değiştirme Arızası vardiyası tamam,

Olası hidrolik ünite nedeni ve mekanik ve kalibrasyon hilal problem.last
Ayni kodlar benim porsche panamera cikti hata nedir sizce
Old 08-07-2019, 11:21 PM
Mcarota
2nd Gear

Default Torque spec?

I’m replacing this on a 2011 Panamera 4 tomorrow, does anyone have the torque specs for the valve body?? Can’t seem to find much info despite having 3 repair programs. Thank you in advance!!
Old 09-05-2019, 05:23 PM
Mazy G
1st Gear

Originally Posted by oj8888
I found solution for this case,

Porsche Panamera Uses ZF Transmission, for P1731 , P1732 , P1733 , P1734 fault codes not required to replace gearbox (PDK) or transmission control unit, Just simply replace following part:

- Sensor Pack (Position Sensor with Speed and Temperature Sensors)
- Part#: 97031708500 or 97031708530 (Make sure for compatibility with your VIN) , Estimated Price is 500 USD.

But before any replacement, make sure your battery life is good, because Porsche is one of the most sensitive cars to over/under voltage situations. So much technology is packed into them, that bad or going battery can and does make funny things with totally unrelated systems.
Everything in the car is controlled by microprocessors and when the voltages get low you get weird signals that can be misinterpreted by the other processors.
If not worked, then try to replace with above sensor pack.

Sensors images and location in PDK :

https://maktrans.net/image/data/Phot...pdk-base-2.png
https://maktrans.net/image/cache/dat...08-573x429.jpg
I had the same error codes on my panamera. It sounds like the gearbox has to be open to replace the sensor pack. Could you tell me how many hours of labor it would Involve?

Last edited by Mazy G; 09-06-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:53 PM
Bakuridze Zura
2nd Gear

I had gearbox failure, and in porsche dealership it showed sensor failure 97031708500; but recently I had some problems with battery, several times it died completly, did not really imaged that there can be any connections with that; but the thing is that I fixed the problem with battery and now it showed me this error, what do you recomment?
Old 09-17-2019, 02:22 PM
Bakuridze Zura
2nd Gear

I have exact same problem, how did you solve it?

Quick Reply: Displ. Sensor shift rod gears fault impulse signals 1/3 P1733